Is speeding horribe crime in your country?

Is speeding horribe crime in your country?

In Finland you could get hundreds of thousand euros speeding ticket or get shot.

Later one happened today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrHpmynSGr0
youtube.com/watch?v=c4aCsGr2FzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hTvtkUPjgXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, just a source of revenue for hick towns. Average penalty with costs is $150 - $300.

The real danger here is distracted driving. That, and the fact that a heart beat gets you a driver's license and therefore American drivers suck.

Depends. Speeding in Virginia carries mandatory jail sentences.

no, speed is encouraged
gotta go fast

this desu senpai

Germany

The worst crime.

Depends on the state. In my state it's usually a $150-$300 ticket depending on how fast and if you were reckless. If it's you're second or more offense within a certain amount of time (I think 6 months), they make you take a bullshit 8 hour long Defensive Driving course.

If it's double the speed limit you're going to jail, car impounded, big fine (usually payed for through your time served since the state pays like $150 for every day you're in custody), and Defensive Driving course.

Triple the limit and/or street racing. Guess who's going to jail, getting their shit towed, and losing their license?

Was caught doing 102 on the motorway. 3 points.

We America now, that's the third guy shot by police this year

Time to cook some burgers and put on some country

We Merica nao.

We even have BLM

The real thing that's penalized is DUI, which in most if not all states require a suspension of your license for around 90 days for the first offense and usually some jail time/a felony conviction and either required interlock devices in your car or a permanent license revocation.

>Triple the limit and/or street racing. Guess who's going to jail, getting their shit towed, and losing their license?

Implying you can get caught

In sorry, finfriends.

The average American squad cars isn't some tiny econobox with a little flat 4 not even pushing 200hp.

This is just one of the local squad cars a tiny village next to my city uses.

On the back it literally says "Go ahead, make my day, try and run".

Supposedly pushing 500+rwhp. Officer who drives it used to have a '03 Mustang Cobra with a 2.2L Kenne Belle supercharger pushing god knows what as his squad car.

It's okay Colombro

You might get stopped by a police ubermensch and make a donation of 10 euro to his family account.

WTF! I HATE THE COPS NOW!!!!

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT AND ILLEGAL!!!!!!

THESE FUCKERS WATCH TOO MANY AMERICAN POLICE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!

>one (1) person gets shot in finland by police
>this is a sensation

lmaos are you even the multicultural USA of the Nordics

Doesn't Finland have a special law in place that calculates your speeding fine based on your income and the guy with the highest income in the car pays the fine?

Fuck off

We have BLM

We america

The only time i got fined for speeding i had to pay 150€ (300€ but I paid immediately the fine) for going almost 30km/h over the speed limit.

yes you can get a "päiväsakko" which is based on your daily salary

so if you get for example 30 päiväsakkoa you have to pay how much money you make in 30 days

so you paid right on the spot? here it's only possible if you are a foreigner, we can't pay directly to the policeman

I thought going above 100mph was automatic licence loss.

well, not on the spot, I got the fine a few weeks later and if you pay during the first 20 days you only have to pay 50%.

ah, ok that's cool

Not really, but people shouldnt be driving slow on the two left lanes and if they plan on doing so they should move out the way of the faster vehicles.

No, that's why Russians dying on the roads

go shit in your squat toilets and play in the mud, thirdworldie

Enforcement is fairly lax, but it is wrongly assumed to be worse than distracted driving and lack of lane discipline, especially among those who started driving during the 55 mph years. There are plenty of people who think that just because they are within the speed limit that it's okay to sit in the passing lane without actually passing anyone, and they think that anyone that does pass them is a dangerous maniac as they eat a burger and text while driving.

It's time for us to change our priorities when it comes to driver education

same here

How much is the speeding ticket in Russia (in roubles) and how big percentage of the cases are handled with bribes (your estimate) and how big is the bribe usually? I'm probably going to Russia for an exchange and I was wondering whether to take my car or not, though Finnish plates are probably quite shitty when it comes to parking tickets and all other bullshit like that...

60 limit
up to 80 - 0
80-100 fine 500
100-120 fine 1000-1500
120-140 fine 2000-2500
160+ fine 5000 or disablement
about 5-10%, they almost don't take bribes now
around 20-40 kRubles

> I was wondering whether to take my car or not, though Finnish plates are probably quite shitty when it comes to parking tickets and all other bullshit like that...

we have no parking tickets your car just evacuate
finnish plates it's cool, cameras will not recognize you

Depends how you handle it with the cops.

I was pulled for 103/65 once. As soon as I saw the cop hit his brakes and enter the median I immediately signaled, pulled over, and waited for him to catch up. He yelled at me a bunch but only wrote me 86 / 4pts.

Another I was on my motorcycle in 22F weather, headed back from the liquor store. I was about a mile from my house out in the country fucking around on my big dirt bike, wheelies, and 85 mph. I came over a rise and boom! there he was. I immediately pulled into a driveway, took off my helmet, and waited for him to pull up. I felt so sorry for me riding in the cold that he only wrote me for 75 / 55 - 2 pts, then gave me all the info for an online course to wipe the points away. Then we talked about bikes. He thanked me for pulling over and wished me a good day.

Another time I was on my big touring bike on the interstate city bypass coming home from work. As I came around a wide bend in heavy traffic doing 90mph, bang! there was a laser motorcycle cop. I knew I was popped, so I stood up on the pegs and gave him the full Benny Hill salute. He waved "slow down" and let me go.

I want a qt officer to arrest me and gun me down for stealing her heart.

Damn those are low fines, no wonder you see people driving like 120 on Nevskiy Prospekt every day.

>we have no parking tickets your car just evacuate, finnish plates it's cool

Yeah, a guy I know had Estonian plates in SPB and his car was the only one that was evacuated from a street and there was no signs or explanation as to why...

>cameras will not recognize you

What does this mean?

>What does this mean?
our camera bases has only russian plates so they will not send fines to you

>no wonder you see people driving like 120 on Nevskiy Prospekt every day.
trust me you will see)))

It's not so much speeding as it is reckless driving. Speeding is going 15 above the limit. Reckless driving is going 20 over or going above 80 anywhere.

>trust me you will see)))

Yeah. I mean I was in Питep for 7 weeks and there was pretty all kinds of stuff I saw in there that I had never seen in Finland.

Traffic laws in the US vary by state greatly.

In some states going over could be a ticket if 20 dollars. Other states it may be 500.

When I got a ticket for not having my car registered while driving in North Dakota it was a 15 dollar ticket.

what kind of stuff? I have never been to St Peter

Well, these are probably quite general things in Russia as it was more like the system that was very different, but:

>the first thing you notice is that there is metal detectors everywhere in St. Peter and Moscow, all train stations and metro station had those
>the second thing you'll notice is that no-one gives a fuck about those, not the public, not the security guards, not the police, not oмoн, no-one
>In the metro there was a guy who didn't have legs (they were cut off from below the knee) and he had these small pillows and a walking stick and he went through the metro, begging for money, changing the metro constantly
>there were people randomly popping up to play music in the metro, also there was very often musicians playing inside the metro stations
>the Russian traffic is insane when compared to Finnish one, especially taxis and those "minibusses" (the ones where you pay like 30-70 rubles for the driver and he has this cash registry next to him) are truly wonderful, once the bus got stuck a bit in traffic (it wasn't a bad traffic jam by any mean) just outside of SPB and the driver decided to go outside of the road, like next to it where there is no asphalt. We didn't save like any time but it was a bumby ride for five minutes.
>SPB is very pretty city, it's like the very centre of Helsinki but 10000 times bigger
>Smoking in trains is prohibited and there is no smoking compartment but that problem can be fixed by paying the conductor 100 rubles and going to the space between trains to smoke
>There is quite a lot of prostitutes at clubs

There are some things just from the top of my head, where do you live?

Why all foreigners like Peter?

AХAХAХAХA

I live in Siberia

Siberian mouse~

Please move to Russia

Several reasons, for me:

>it's 300 kilometers from Helsinki, 3,5hours by train and like 5-6 hours by bus
>SPB is by far the most tourist friendly city, metro stations are transliterated into latin alphabet for instance and there are actually some people who speak English (albeit not many but at least more than in Moscow and I bet Moscow is the second best place for tourism)
>SPB is a beautiful city
>SPB is a big city
>SPB is apparently more European than the rest of Russia, less гoпник и быдлo, at least that's my understanding

What city should be the city all foreigners love?

Is Siberia worth visiting, are the bigger cities nice? Would it be worth it to go the Transsiberian railway one day?

I sense olgino is stronk is these comments

>Is Siberia worth visiting,
Sure in main because of nature
> are the bigger cities nice?
yes
>Would it be worth it to go the Transsiberian railway one day?
I think it's bad idea
I would better fly between big cities
youtube.com/watch?v=CrHpmynSGr0
youtube.com/watch?v=c4aCsGr2FzQ

>mfw putinbots annenex my thread to tell how nice it is in russia

t.OP

In sweden you get a few thousand crowns in fines if you speed. If you drive 30 kilometers over the speed limit or 20 if the speed limit is 50 km or lower you lose your license.

You don't yet have 'progressive' ticket pricing based on incomes in sweden?

Ime munaa vitun kapitalisti ruma huora

t. Johan Bäckman

Onko nassikka syrjäytynyt? Eikö maailmassa ole paikkaa tai elämällä todellista tarkoitusta?

Nyt voit ratkaista ongelman ja hirttää itsesi.

youtube.com/watch?v=hTvtkUPjgXk

Called Tagessatz here.

>mfw I was drunk driving street racing at 210 km/h
>mfw the speed limit was 60km/h
>mfw I passed at this speed thru a speed radar
>mfw had to pay a 150 dollar fine plus license loss
>mfw I was able to transfer the ticket to my grandma so I didnt lose my license
HEUHEUEHEUEHEUE

I've been pulled over for speeding twice and let off with a warning both times. Cops don't really seem to care unless you're doing something genuinely reckless.