American Culture

ITT: we please talk about some of the stuff in american culture you don't understand

I'll start
>using shoes inside the house
>referring to your parents by their given name
>leaving the TV on without volume
>not throwing the toilet paper down the toilet
>reusing tea bags
>keeping things such as eggs or milk inside the fridge

Please explain the reasoning behind all of these to a foreigner

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>calls Rupert's Fingers 'hotdogs'
>calls the Battle of Gridlington 'tic-tac-toe'

??

> things such as eggs or milk inside the fridge
What's wrong with you Mexico? Don't you have eggs, milk or a fridge?

>reusing tea bags

no one does these

Where the fuck do you keep your dairy?

I wear my shoes in the house if I'm just passing through or headed out. Once I'm home I take them off.

I have tile and hardwood floors, and never lie on the floor. We have "furniture".

It would be extremely stupid for a mexican to leave dairy out of the fridge. With the Mexican heat, it will spoil before you finish it.

>cutting your dick skin

> keeping things such as eggs or milk inside the fridge
What's wrong?

This isn't really a thing.
I've never seen anyone do this. They may refer to their step parents by name, but pretty much never their real parents.
What?
What? Everyone throws their toilet paper in the toilet. That's why it's toilet paper.
>reusing tea bags
What?
Where the fuck are you supposed to put it?

You don't seem to know much about anything.

"Small talk". This thing pisses me off.

Tipping

Why would you do this?

Wtf man, is putting your milk outside of the fridge a mexican thing?

A meme
>parents by given name
Bart Simpson calls his Dad "Homer" out of disrespect, which is a running gag within the series. Again, a meme.
>Leaving TV on without volume
Bars playing Sports games do this to keep the TV from drowning out the chatter of the bar, and they have subtitles on for the use of people looking at the TV.

>toilet paper
That's in rural areas where septic tanks can't handle the TP. Those in cities flush their TP.

>reusing tea bags
Wat

>Milk and Eggs in the fridge
We wash our eggs, thus limiting their shelf life outside of the fridge. Milk also does spoil.

You can thank Dr. Kellogg for that; thankfully it's slowly but surely dying out, if only because of the rise of Mexicans.

It's politeness and to keep the pace of the conversation going.

It was introduced in the late 19th century as a way to reward good service, but over time it evolved to become expected and our minimum wage laws reflect that.

Where the fuck do you keep them?

rv "camping"

Why do you have a conversation when you have nothing to discuss? An emotional exchange?

no
>>referring to your parents by their given name
no. it's "mom and dad"

>>leaving the TV on without volume
no

Thats you you fucking third world trash gtfo my country

>reusing tea bags
the fuck is tea?

Nothing wrong with this.

>europoors
>can't understand why you would be nice to people

Faggets

>being nice to people
faggot

okay how about this one
>claims to be a caring society
>filled with homeless

Smiling when you are not happy as fuck or about to laugh. That`s even creepy.

It's their own fault they're homeless. Maybe if when you gave them money they didn't go around the corner to the liquor store and blow it all I would give a fuck about em.

Consumerism, pretty much.

Basically yes, and those who you've just met. Silence is generally considered rude here. Also, small talk is used as a launching point for deeper conversation.

RV camping is 99% old retired couples

It's creepy to just be brooding and not talk or smile to acknowledge anyone.

>black live matter

why do they matter?

This doesn't happen.

This doesn't happen, or at least isn't commonplace.

>reusing tea bags
This is Asian.

uwot

>Please explain the reasoning behind all of these to a foreigner
You're Mexican. Our land is your land.

>reusing tea bags
That`s refusing bagged tea.

You know what really doesn't make sense is BLM shit in England.

>This isn't really a thing.
But I'm doing it right now user.

Because of our less-than-stellar past with Black people, such as Slavery and Jim Crow. That's why "nigger", which has always been derogatory towards them, is now either the worst or second-worst word in American English, to the point where people don't even say it in reference to it, but rather "the N word" or that like.

As John Mulaney related in stand up comedy:
>"You can't call little people 'midgets', that's worse than the N word to them"
>"Look, if you're comparing the badness of two words, and you're not even saying one of the words... THAT's the worse word."

t.jose palacios

> such as Slavery and Jim Crow

Oh please. Niggers had it way better when we used to keep them in line. Their fathers used to actually stick around and they actually did okay in school when we used to take the hose to them once in a while.

I totally agree with you, even our darkies think its stupid

The middle- and upper-class ones still do today, and the lower-class ones have always been what they're doing, especially in the Mississippi Delta.

>Mexicans keep their milk outside the fridge

>he doesn't keep his milk and eggs on the roof where they belong
u wot

Nah they were all better off. You think we would let them burn down cities in 1950? Hell no.

>calling minced meat 'hamburger'

Some types of teas, like most of green or white teas, are supposed to be brewed few times

They don't. That's why they keep getting killed

It's not being nice if is practically mandatory

I'm not sure why but lots of people would do it back in early 2000s now it seems people are taking their shoes off.

White people mostly

Nobody does this

You got it backwards it's southeast Europe that does this

>reusing tea bags
Nobody does this

Bruh milk goes sour if left out and for eggs so they keep a consistent cool temp

Okay Jose sure buddy

It was originally from Hamburg, and went viral here after the 1893 World's Fair. Also, it's slightly more solid and coherent than the meat in a Minced Meat Pie, IIRC.

You're right, "polite" is the better term.

ok ahmed i believe you

Greece is definitely the highest Authority on American culture.

>dumb American doesn't even know the stereotype is albanian and Turkish immigrants

*Mehmet

I'm from Socal

What else you going to do if you live on the street? At least getting drunk will make it less shit if only for a little while.

Are you northern or southern Greek?

Houses are dirty as fuck, can't not wear them
Only people with bad relationships with their parents do this (most of us)
Commercials are extremely loud and constant, so it's best to leave the CC on if you want to relax.
Most sewers systems here are able to handle it.
>reusing tea bags
We don't drink tea.
Room Temperature milk is gross, and eggs last longer chilled.

How bout get a fucking job?

Middle mountain greek

>SoCal
Explains the prevalence of these stereotypes then.

Go to a Homeless Shelter or Soup Kitchen, which abound in the cities.

>walk into place to ask for job
>get out faggot you smell like shit and you look like ass

>socks, sure. shoes, nope.
>literally never head anyone do this.
>usually done when you're waiting for a show to come on and don't want to listen to whatever's playing before it.
>u wot m8. Where the hell would it go if not down the toilet.
>guilty as charged. Only when I'm running out, though.

>eggs
Ours are sterilized with UV before shipping which "kills" the egg, so so they'll go bad at room temperature in a day or two.

>milk
Nigger I don't care where you live, nobody leaves their milk out. That's how you wind up with "cheese" at best.

Then I apologize for the wrong terminology :^)

Yeah surely some dirty cunt living in a gutter will have no problem with that.

>go to homeless shelter with money you've collected begging
>start doing manual labor around town
>get enough money for place to live
>get better job

Shit ain't rocket surgery

It's all good f am

homeless people tend to be broken in the head so it might be pretty fucking hard

A portion of americans find it creepy if you smile too much too
No winning with them
t. Russian diaspora

Maybe you could do something about that if you spent that couple bucks on a stick of deodorant and a comb instead of pickling yourself with something that can only charitably be called booze.

>Go to Greece
>Have to put toilet paper in a little bin next to the toilet

>Go to S. Korea
>Have to do the same

Stop it monsters.

In that case mental institutions or other such care might be a viable option, although the US is somewhat lacking in that.

Well in that time it was whites burning down cities

What? I thought it was third-world practise because of bad sewage

>>not throwing the toilet paper down the toilet
That's your culture Pedro...and I am sick of your wetbacks doing that shit here

Just don't do it, I don't

Okay bud.

Eh, there's degrees to it. A real smile with teeth all the time is creepy, but if you've just kind of set your resting look to "about to crack a grin" then you'll do great.

Basicly don't actually smile all the time, just smile easily.

t. Stony-faced autist who had to think out why his conversations kept dying

It's in isolated rural areas and in homes whose septic tanks somehow can't handle some TP.

Okay, thanks Greece.

The root of the problem is that most chronic homeless in the US are ex-mental patients who were discharged en mass in the 70s and 80s without any sort of support system. They literally are broken people, they can't just pull themselves up and work their way off the street.

You gotta adopt the Greek mentality and not give a shit and just do your own thing.

When I was in London I would do my own thing and British people would gawk at the things I didn't give a shit about. You guys gotta loosen up

>building humongous vast suburbs with cardboard houses instead of comfy townhouses with provided railway system
>building cardboard houses that can be destroyed to the ground by a tornado instead og building brick or concrete ones
>being unable to build proper commieblocks without turnng them in ghettos from day one
>using tons of toilet paper instead of bidet
ekksplain zeez

actually it is *justeuropeanthings*

We have stoney soil. When it gets cold, uneven expansion between the stones and soil pushes the rocks upwards. Brick and stone buildings will crack and break at the base after a couple winters in many parts of the country. Wood and other lightweight building materials handle it better because they've got some give.

How did you end up in Greece ?

Thats interesting, do they not lay deep foundations when building streets?
I thought it was because with the Hurricaines and Tornados destroying pretty much everything regardless of Strength it's just more practical to build out of cheap wood.

Additionally the warm weather in the South makes stone a bit redundant.

Ever heard of piles, huh?

original Hamburger Hamburger meat wasn't minced and it is know as a Hamburger since the emigrant ships from Hamburg were around, serving roast meat with sauce in a bread roll

>yuropoors will never see a tornado coming at their house and wonder if they'll survive the night

lmao why even live?

I've seen three in my life but I know an Oklahoman who's seen over a dozen and he's only 22.

>I thought it was because with the Hurricaines and Tornados destroying pretty much everything
That is part of it too.
Streets have gravel foundations beneath the other layers, so the stones basically pile up and just become part of it.

We do tend to get a lot of potholes in winter, though. Usually takes a good new road maybe six or seven years before patching potholes all along the length of it becomes a yearly routine.

I moved here for 6 months for vacation. I have family here and I've been coming almost every summer, if not greece than sweden(my mother is swedish) or other countries

Good to know, thanks.
We get a lot of potholes too.

It's the constant rain and wetness combined with the long nights making it colder than it would normally be.

I wish our government fixed potholes every year, we get every 3-5 years around me, even though the same potholes are back 1 year later.

*Then

Fuck

Which country do you prefer ? This question includes people, culture, the country itself, etc.

Buying everything in bulk.
What's the fucking point?

I have slippers I put on.
I don't do that to my mom and dad
Huh?
Oh, fuck you. It's you spics that don't do that, and it's disgusting.
>reusing tea bags
Jews?
Cooler temps help prevent food spoilage

So you don't have to drive 300 miles to the store for another month. How is this even a question?

Same reason it's better to buy coke in bulk. Cheaper per unit. You should know this, as a Mexican.

Do you live in Wyoming?

I was just joking but no, Iowa.

Although it still takes an 1 1/2 hours to get to a place that has anything more than a walmart.

Hmmm of the three countries I frequent the most (greece, America,sweden)

I've been to Florida, California, Texas, Alaska, new York, and Hawaii. America has such a crazy diverse set of states that anyone can find a state to suit their needs. Ive lived in Socal and so I'll base it on that. There's a whole lot to do here. Southern California has some of the best food options I've ever seen. Any type of food you want you can find and you can go to a different restaurant everyday and never eat the same thing in a year. In cali many things are available that you cant get in other countries and there's always something new here. America has the best selection of anything you want. People wise it's a gamble. With such a large population you get a diverse range but you'll find soon enough that not everybody is great here. Mexicans are either amazing or terrible, same with blacks. In terms of overall enjoyment to be around. Either 1 or 10. With Europeans they generally are 7 and above and the white people range from 1 to 10 they have terrible people and great ones. Asians are 5 out of ten. America is great to live but not for vacation.

Now greece is beautiful for vacation but it sucks to live here. Things close early, nothing but tourist stuff is open on Sunday. However the food is really something amazing, although it's very limited to greek food. Great people, very friendly and love to have a good time. Very laid back people. Great beaches and things for tourists. Stuff is cheap since people don't have money so great for anyone else. If you need to get a job and pay all these taxes and deal with albanians and refugees then it sucks.

I'd have to say sweden is dead last. it's boring. The people are bland and too polite, it's too organized and calm. I swear they must be robots. Alright food but lacking in spices and options.

So all in all I'd say America is #1 to live but for vacation greece is #1 or Spain

This mentality of homo homini lupus.

How do Eurofags make friends if they don't like chatting with people?

>reusing tea bags

Literally don't do any of these things, the toilet paper one is especially weird and nobody does it.

Ew, you keep milk outside your fridge? That's horrid.

They're lying. As soon as you utter the word "football" an opus pours out of their mouths. Tenfold if it's world cup season.

you ever been to a Scandinavian country? Shits terrible for interacting with people.

Youre right for West and south Europe but not for those snowniggers

>mostly because of muh cars
>tornadoes will destroy anything regardless, and besides it's cheaper
>The American Dream entails single detached houses, so those who can afford it will buy them, leaving only poor people in commieblocks
>having a wet butthole doesn't really appeal to us

>>using shoes inside the house
>what are splinters
>>referring to your parents by their given name
only if they didn't raise you
>>leaving the TV on without volume
voices without obvious sources enrage cops
>>not throwing the toilet paper down the toilet
we do tho
>>reusing tea bags
>le first-world maymay
>>keeping things such as eggs or milk inside the fridge
the only milks and eggs we can find are processed to the point that they'll rot within an hour if they're left out

I do none of these but the last one.

>in Finland
>go to sauna
>sit next to person
>say nothing
>he also says nothing
>but you have both bonded deeply and understand each other completely
>without a word you know you'll be seeing him next weekend for dinner and beer at his place

Americans don't wear shoes inside the house wtf?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

>implying a raging erection doesn't say it all

>wikipedia
>doesn't even tell about how the niggers instigated this

Figures jewpedia would be like that.

Here in California we have 3 trash bins.

Black, green, blue.

The black one is for general trash.

The green one is for compost.

The blue one is for recyclables.

It's tradition to bring all 3 bins once a week at the side of the road so a big truck carrying a metal monster gobbles the content of the bins.

okay what the fuck is this
where ELSE would you keep your fucking eggs and milk you subhuman spic faggot?