What is up with Northern European showers and this shit? I've been to Germany...

What is up with Northern European showers and this shit? I've been to Germany, Uk and Ireland and in every home they had this shit. I couldn't believe it, when I was staying in a German family's house and they told me: "be quick in the shower user, we are going to run out of hot water!". Literally what? They had a better house than my family, they weren't poor, how come they didn't have gas heating at home? In Ireland, the same, you had to turn on this little electrical box, and shower with a horrible sound in the background. Here, literally everyone has gas heating at home, you just open the shower, set the temperature you want and you have all the hot water you want (as long as you pay it monthly). How come a South European country like Spain, where it's mostly hot around the year has a better water heating system than most Northern European countries?

Answer me, guiris

We have gas heating here, maybe those places you visited were poor

t. North European

>be yuropoor
>get electrocuted in shower

>Germany
I have literally never seen this anywhere in Europe and didn't even know such a thing exists

do eurocucks not have central water heaters?

at least the showers are actually in the shower

We don't have that in Northern Europe.

I fail to see the problem with this, it's a wet room with a drain on the floor.
They're pretty much standard in most of Asia.

never seen it

>I fail to see the problem with this

some people don't want water all over their entire bathroom. It's especially stupid since there is a tub they could have put the shower in instead

We have a combi boiler, I am guessing you visited poor people.

the tub is for the carp obviously you stupid amerifat

But it's a wet room.

Never seen or heard about anyone that use this.

Americans have Gas heating because 120V ain't gonna heat shit. Also, how many Euros have Gas stoves? Here they're ubiquitous outside of the mountains and dorms.

what if you have a large family sharing a bathroom? 5 + showers a day in something like that is gross. the walls would turn into mildew

>2016
>not having a tankless water heater

literally the same experience for me but in Spain.

Lived with a spanish family, there was a red button in the shower "you can press the red button for hot water BUT YOU CAN ONLY USE IT FOR ONE MINUTE OK!?"

fuck that I need my hot long showers, so I said that I couldnt live there the same day and went straight to another family home.

>yuropeens
>modern infraatructure
They take pride in their 1000 year old pile of bricks. That should tell you alot about them.

>amerifats don't know how electricity works

Literally prison shower-tier here, though I've seen Premier Inns in the UK without any sort of tub and with the shower floor be the same as the bathroom floor with less than floor-length curtains.

>usa
>not a single km of highspeed train

kek

why would that happen?
are the tiles on a floor somehow different once you hang a curtain in front of it?

>Germany
>Northern Europe

Spanish education everyone

Gas boilers aren't what they used to be anymore. We had a Vaillant gas boiler at least since the mid-70s, and the thing was bulletproof, in fact it was retired in favor of a new Vaillant gas boiler while the old one was still working just fine. The new one was made in 1998, and it just HAD to break down every. single. goddamn. year. The electronics were shit and even the mechanical parts were unreliable.
I'm now living in a commieblock that was finished in 1971. The tower is hooked up directly to the power plant that supplies steam through a maze of underground pipelines. This is okay - if not for the fact that the infrastructure is old as shit and there is a steam pipe blowout like every winter which renders us without any heating until the pipe has been patched up. And steam pipe explosions are something to behold, but that's not the point. You just can't win.

soon

thanks to Alstom

be thankful they didn't have gas

>tfw renting the basement from a family
>have my own entrance
>the entire house share two warmwater tanks of 198 litre each
I can shower for as long as i want, im really happy with it.

There's the Acela express, but that's only in the Northeast.

this is what I have
I thought it was pretty much standard everywhere

>t. North European
kek slav delusion

>not having hot water right out of the tap

niggers what

*Wend
*not delusion

Never seen such a thing. Why do people not just have a hotwater tank?

My apartment building has a pair of giant, truck-sized tanks which can supply warm water for dozens of people showering at the same time (there must be like 250+ people living in my commieblock.) The shit factor is that the boilers date all the way back to 1971 and they spring a leak every so often. It was me who caught a leak the very other day and it's good that I saw the leak before a minor flood turned into a major basement flood.

In my home, we just have the shower head on that scaffold thingy. No big heater box. The water can get pretty damn hot (so that it hurts), and it can become freezing cold. Goes from high to low, fast too.
Also, we never run out of hot water, so I can take hour long hot showers if I want to.

This is also the reason why I hate using other peoples showers, they are always poor compared to mine

If you live in an apartment you can shower for as long as you want, unlimited. If you live in a villa you'll have water tanks with hot water in the laundry room, so the time you may shower using hot water is limited to lets say 15 minutes or something in total during mornings.

>some time ago
>have some money aside
>think about fucking off to latvia or estonia because why not
>wtb flat in Riga/Tallinn
>fucking bathrooms are horrid
>the taps and showerheads are outside the bathtub in every single flat
why don't you just have standard showers

I have not seen anything like that shower in decades.
I shower for as long as I damn well please.

We have district heating so we never run out of hot water.

And it's far cheaper.

>Having to deal with wet floors/walls in your "wetroom"

That is the worst type of shower/bath, situation. Water everywhere, and you have to wipe everything down after you're done.

>the taps and showerheads are outside the bathtub
Who the hell uses a bath to swim in their filth anyway, we have a 100 degree Celsius sauna and a lake to jump into.

because this shit dates back to soviet times where 'economy' was the official mantra and the architects saved a tap by resorting to this shit. it's one of those "because eastern europe" things

fair enough

ITT: fagupeans

>Also, how many Euros have Gas stoves?
I have one but my parent use electric.

>They take pride in their 1000 year old pile of bricks. That should tell you alot about them.
Americans never learned the fable of the 3 little pigs.

This is what we have, standard in a South American shithole that doesn't even experience winter.

What the hell, how come more countries don't have this?

Would have been a bit different if the big bad wolf was a kraut with a bomber.