What is your favourite period/style of architecture?

What is your favourite period/style of architecture?

Mine is late 19th century European.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-23930675
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

renessaince

Good.

Gothic and Art Nouveau

>have a perfectly fine looking building
>add metal cancer cuz why not

I hate modern architecture desu

Its a shame that architecture has been dead for a long time

The outer shape of modern buildings can be designed in MS Paint.

the same guy designed a quite nice skyscraper here

also I like art deco style

Korean Joseon

looks worse

looks better

Personally I'm partial to art noveau, art deco

I think the reason why modern buildings tend to be glass aquariums is not because of aesthetic considerations but because they tend to be build like a parking lot: The outer walls is no longer load bearing. Rather, the structure is held up via columns. Adding a fake brick or stone veneer to cover the outer shell adds to the final cost. It's cheaper just to cover it with glass.

That looks pretty.

>quite nice
kek

Neoclassicism. I get hard just thinking about the symmetry.

Then you have the "Beaux-Arts" style. Basically a mix of previous European style.

Art Deco

Oh god why...

Fuck this guy and those who think he's a genius, honestly

this building screams freemasonry

It's a symptom of all modern art honestly. I don't what happened but it just all went to shit in the 20th century and hasn't really gotten better.

>I don't know what happened

That page is a good one

butifel

Brutalism

>leaves in charge of architecture

whichever makes me seem like less of a degenerate desu.

>Brutalism

This is kind of embarrassing. It's literally Disney World.

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

Isn't that the skyscraper that deflects light into one single spot and it gets so hot it melts car tires?

Fucking Libeskind i swear to god

the first pic is full with apartments made in 60's. the second pic is 2000's.

lol, no. I've heard about something like this but the building is supposed to be from London, but I'm not sure if it's true or just an urban legend.

Victorian

There is noticeably more effort put into making the facade aesthetically pleasing. Same goes for apartment/condo buildings in Canada made in the 60s vs 90s and later.

This is the one

commie one
I love berlin

lol, it's true
bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-23930675

Delete this.

thoughts?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67

Hideous

For those that don't know. That 21st century building is from Poundbury, a town constructed/under construction which has been designed, essentially, to please Prince Charles.
That building sits on the main square, which currently is still under construction, and looks like this.

The end product will hopefully look like this.
It should be completed in early 2017, I reckon, going on the progress they've made so far. Maybe even late 2016.

This is why monarchy is for cucks. Building an entire city for some inbred douche born into wealth who will never have to work a day in his life is pure cuckoldry.

Poundbury, as you can imagine, has come under sharp attack by Modernists who dislike building in traditional styles.

I think aristocratic taste is generally superior to the academic/intellectual taste that was spawned in republics like France and the USA.
But whatever, enjoy your Jackson Pollock.

I'll admit the design is good and modernism sucks, but it's the right thing being done for the wrong reasons.

Also, Poundbury is only a town of

neo futurism

this

from this perspective it looks good, but panoramic view shows how ugly it is

Would live in. Better than the usual gray buildings from the UK.

yeah, considering its been made at 1967, i think some aestethic fixes like proper coloring or greening could work

As for my favourite style, I nominate this style from Liverpool.

All three buildings are awesome, I think.
Moderate amounts of ornamentation. I love the big white bricks.

Just awesome.

greening definitely would help, but in their climate it wouldn't be that easy
now I know where are these old gigantic american buldings from

That main building, the Royal Liver Building, was built in the early 20th century, before Modernism took over.
Alas, in the post-war world, they surrounded the areas with low-density, ugly buildings as in pic related.

>big
>white
>bricks
I thought I could get to the top of that pelican tower, I was pretty disappointed desu.
Instead I went to the nearby museum that taught me the wrong doings of the ebul white man.

Brutalist master race

Fucking level that thing

Art Deco cemetery in Azul, Buenos Aires.