Why aren't more Balkanleri proud of their Osmanli heritage?

I'm a bit of an Ottomanphile (a fan of the greatest empire in history). I don't get why Serbs, Greeks and Bulgarians distance themselves from their Ottoman past.

Many Rumeli did well for themselves and rose to the highest positions in the Osmanli Imparatorlugu. I get why you might dislike it, but it's part of your history and your identity.

Are there any Balkanite Otto-philes on this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36sO84Hq6kw
youtu.be/xECUrlnXCqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yep, it's a leaf alright

This is an Ottoman appreciation thread.

Post what you like about the Ottoman Empire.

I think they had really neat borders.

You just got yourself in some really scary Ottoman shit, boi.

*sips black tea*

:- )

*blushes*

Really though, the Ottoman Empire had the coolest aesthetic of any 19th century Empire.

> tfw ywn barter for figs at the bazar of Ottoman athens
> tfw ywn finish a busy day of shopping and head to the parthenon for friday prayer
> tfw ywn drink a small glass of bootleg wine before beddy-bye

who the fuck wants to be 1. A shitskin T*rk and 2. A muslim

Quite a lot of people, back when they basically ruled the world.

Ruled the world lol, they just wanted to be Europeans but nobody accepted that. They have been trying ever since

>I get why you might dislike it
No you don't, either you're baiting or genuinely ignorant of the historical circumstances involved.

It's interesting to note that the empire that conquered the Byzantines saw the First World War and the Cubs winning the World Series.

well the thing is sometimes in greece its like you get taught to hate specific places (like albania or turkey) but its not like i hate those places or their hsitory

God bless the Turks.

> they just wanted to be Europeans but nobody accepted that
lol, what?

The Ottomans had operations in three continents. As time went on, their most formidable adversaries happened to be in Europe, so they too special caution there.

They weren't as Euro-centric as you imagine. Back in the hey-day of the Ottoman Empire, Europe wasn't significantly better than North Africa or West Asia.
Every Empire has good and bad. But without Empires, the world would never come together, and you find that the greatest achievements and advances happen when people and resources from far and wide can all gather in one place.

>Back in the hey-day of the Ottoman Empire, Europe wasn't significantly better than North Africa or West Asia.

we fucked their mathers that's why

Because all of our national heroes killed turks.
Becuase all of our famous poets/writers were anti-turk
We even glorify bandits that went around killing and stealing from turks or boyars that sucked turk dick.

Literally every country in existence that was once upon a time completely absorbed by a bigger one hates their former overlord, and uses propaganda, actual facts and what not to legitimate their status as an independent and sovereign country.

See: Slovakia, Ireland, Balkans, Baltic's, Finland

>we
>500 years later
mehmet my son you realise you are the offspring?

>mathers
Nothing really mattres.

1600s-1700s Europe, especially Eastern Europe, wasn't remarkable. Egypt, Iraq, Persia and Syria in comparison were much more valuable than the Balkans.

The Balkans became important later because they were on the border with Empires that became increasingly bigger and bigger threats to the Ottomans.

destur! devlet-i aliyye-i osmâniyye has arrived
youtube.com/watch?v=36sO84Hq6kw

>they just wanted to be Europeans but nobody accepted that
lol, ottomans wanted to rule europe not become european you dipshit
the whole kaiser-i rum and tanzimat reforms stuff is another story though

>mathers
i guess things are still the same for you there ol neighbor?

Dumb frogposter

well now you own istanbul and you took part on eurovision congratulations you have succeeded

The ottomans were pretty based until Suleyman died and they slowly but steadily started dying as a whole. After Suleyman the Empire pretty much became a joke, the only reason the stronger european empires didn't finish them off is because they were too busy with colonization and the fact that up until this day nobody gives a shit about the Balkans

Its about how the bigger power acts to subjects. We dont hate Austria, quite the opposite. Norwegians dont hate Danes. Its just that Hungary,Turks and Russia are not humans so they dont know how to treat one.

>ottomans wanted to rule europe
>gets rekt by 500 drunk bydlos with spears on horses

LMAO

kill yourself shitskin, there was never time since ancient greece that any continent was more important than europe

You are clinically retarded, austrians did the same thing as the ottomans if not even worse. With the Ottomans you could at least practice your religion, Austrians literally genocided protestants

> tfw Anatolians ruined Istanbul
Nationalism is cancer.

>there was never time since ancient greece that any continent was more important than europe

Asia and North America send their regards idiot.

> there was never time since ancient greece that any continent was more important than europe
You can't be this historically illiterate.

There are parts of Europe even today that are completely irrelevant. You imagine Slovakia 500 years ago was more important than major centres of commerce and knowledge like Aleppo, Alexandria or Baghdad?

Stay mad, balkcuck.

I am turk is here

Russia is a nation, not a people

Who would want this?

Im not even from balkans you retarded Turk. Im talking about continent as a whole, Slovakia didnt exist 500 years back, good historical and geographical literacy right here.

when were fucking gooks more important than europeans???

Hussites were faggots, good on them to burn

> there was never time since ancient greece that any continent was more important than europe
i can hardly understand that but if it is about greece being the "oldest" know country in europe doesnt mean we own it she they did great things back in the day but i guess the only things that survived now are all those poems and theories by philosophers

You hate Hungary for doing the same thing every other nation at that time was also doing: unifying their country into a single ethno-lingusitic line. Of course you can get buttmad about that, but of course you can't deny they had a reason for that and that it gets a bit overblown by the former subservient regions

>kill yourself shitskin, there was never time since ancient greece that any continent was more important than europe

Nice meme. What about Ancient Egypt, China, Sumeria, Phoenicia, Akkadia, Persia, Mauryan/Gupta

Ottoman, Umayyad, Mongol, Abbasid, etc.
The ONLY reason Europe became successful over the last 350 years is because they stumbled upon two enormous untouched continents known as the Americas.
Before that, they were everybody else's bitch.

China during the middle ages and the Rennaisance was hundreds of years ahead of europe and superior to it in every way, this also applies to ancient Greece, roman times and all the fucking times up until imperialism you uneducated fuck. And as of now, China, the USA and even fucking India are more important than europe today

those are quite literally kurds though
v signs at a rally after the isis attack in ankara, they were blaming the state for it in their usual subhuman antics

picture related is the difference between a kurd and a turk, grey wolves need not apply

>its okay what the Austrians did because it didn't happen to my people

fuck off faggot

t. Martin Luther
Protestantism was a mistake
Case in point: Evangelicals in America

What country you from papist cuck

>india

Lets not get ahead of ourselves

>And as of now, China, the USA and even fucking India are more important than europe today

China and the U.S., sure. India is a bit of a stretch though.

I'd argue the Middle East is a hair above the importance of India just because of the oil there.

If 200 million Indians died tomorrow, life goes on.
Nuke the Persian Gulf you are setting yourself up for a WW3 apocalyptic scenario.

Also as a sidenote: Ancient Greece was only part of Europe geographically.

Culturally speaking, Ancient Greeks would have identified more with Ancient Egyptians and Middle Easterners far more than they would with a fucking Celt.
And on top of that, I'm sure if we brought Aristotle or Socrates to the modern world right now, you'd probably call him a shitskin.
Get your head out of your ass for a second.

What?

If it was so great how come every country under Ottoman Empire rule now hates Turks?

obviously Slovakia

Ancient Egypt predates Ancient Greece you illiterate goatfucker, arent computers haram for you?

Literally only regime that tried what hungarians did was Nazi Germany, not even Ottomans or Russians tried shit they did. Austrians didnt do it to Bohemia. Hell, Austrians didnt do it to Hungarians.

> it gets a bit overblown

just shut the fuck up you dumb monkey, you are clueless, if i try to kill your mother and fail at it will we sit 20 years later at beer and laught at how you overblown the whole situation?

Race is social construct. Meds=olive skinned. North Africans and Arab subhumans=shitskins

True. I can't imagine they cared for northern and western Europeans

Bonus: different religions

Not really we are the most successful group of people in the world

Yep, you are fucking retarded

go kill yourself

those are the comarians

and you are disgusting turk, kys

>France didn't try to spread langue doil in occitania
>Germany didn't institute Hochdeutsch and oppress poles who had lived in those lands for centuries
>Spain was a benevolent kingdom
>United kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

The difference is that 3 of those didn't lose any World wars

Everything north of Makedon was niggers to the ancient Greeks.

Don't bother because the Austrians did Germanization as well

Bullshit, Greeks had a great appreciation for Wends and Serbs

None of that is comparable to Aponyi laws.

Are you the tripfag from /his/?

Maybe the same way white people in America have an appreciation for the Navajo, as noble savages. But the Greeks knew that Thracians, Dacians, Illyrians, and everything Northward was uncivilised, poor and ignorant.

That's just how it was at the time.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

>illiterate shitskin is called out on the fact he cant comprehend simple sentence
>responds with meme

literally kill yourself you pathethic dog

Sh-shut up! There is no need to bully me!

You are tripfag that alone is reason that you should be shot in the street like the degenerate you are

I almost feel bad for you.

> someone disagrees with you
> assume they must be non-white
Flawless.

that is your post right? you are non white aswell, some scum like turk or albanian who takes consolation in fact greeks considered nords subhumans. Well let me tell you something, if ancient greeks saw how fucking sad middle east and north africa is they would rank you even below that

>Hit the Poles so hard that they despair of their life; I have full sympathy with their condition, but if we want to survive, we can only exterminate them; the wolf, too, cannot help having been created by God as he is, but people shoot him for it if they can.
-Otto von Bismarck

I'm French and Italian. Pure Celto-Latin blood.

I just like the Ottoman Empire.

And Slovakia is an irrelevant shithole.

It's kind of sad you didn't get totally absorbed into Hungary.

You are shitskin, lying on internet will only get you so far. Irrelevant yeah, shithole nope, especially not compared to fucking Turkey.

>It's kind of sad you didn't get totally absorbed into Hungary.
Oh yeah, the fact Hungary was absorbed by muslims for 200 years kind of helped us with that

Mate, you're Slovakian.
Enough has been said already.

Rich coming from literal subhuman Arab. And its just Slovak, no ian needed. L2English ugly fuck

That shows just how insignificant Slovakians are.

>Rich coming from literal subhuman Arab

More like:

>Coming from a rich Arab to a literal subhuman

I didn't want to bring out the big guns, but your countries only city is literally German....

I don't know how you can hurl so much invective at other nations when your own didn't build a single city on its own.

Slovaks are worse than Bedouins.

Rich because of oil. Rich and still countries are fucking shit. My country was fucked by communism for 40 years and we are ahead in human development. You fucks would be like Ukraine or Moldova if it wasnt for pure luck

Its on the shore of huge river, settlements were there since fucking forever. Bigger one with castle ever since Celts. The city with modern architecture was built under german king, but who the fuck you think actually built it? Who do you think built Vienna? I have no problem giving credit where its due, Austria-Hungary was succesful for large part of its existence but Slovakia in particular has nothing to thank for. AH was too slow to Industrialize and region was left in terrible state. 2nd fastest growing economy in Europe. 6th richest region in Europe and 99% white. Ever since we are independent things only got better

Spare me of these meaningless hypotheticals, kiddo.
The reality is that we have oil and it's here to stay. And we're prosperous because of it.

If you have a problem with us using our natural resources to build roads, bridges, buildings, and schools, then you can go fuck yourself.

Holy shit look at this infestation

Ukraine or Moldova? More like Central Africa.

youtu.be/xECUrlnXCqk

Trianon is such a great thing.

>tripfag

Lmao retard he doesnt have a trip on.

Goddamnit I didnt know even based Bismark hated on them like that.
The last time we were truly on friendly terms priour to ww2 was probably 1830 during the "polenschwärmerei" were people saw them as rolemodel for their own national struggle for unification.

Ethnic assuming on the net is for tards but you really hit a nerve here as the balkan suffered quiete a bit under the ottomans and left them a religious clusterfuck.

Oh please, Europe was relevant way before 1650, only the UK had such massive reliance on colonies

Renaissance started in 14th century and Europe was great already

Even in back in the 10th century it was good enough to wage offensive wars in the Middle East

And before that there was the Roman Empire

No fuck off

If you're prosperous how come you live on the other side of the earth away from it?