An atheist tries to tell me humanity would be way more advanced without religion

>an atheist tries to tell me humanity would be way more advanced without religion

What's with this hate lately towards irreligious people?

I think it's less so hating them because they're irreligious, but they've got to let you know about how irreligious they are and how good it is and how stupid anyone who isn't it.

Huh, it's kinda similar to religion in that sense, right?

Atheism is now mainstream so naturally Cred Forums has to be against it.

he's right tho

Imagine a middle east without religion

also this

contrarianism for the sake of contrarianism is retarded

>Huh, it's kinda similar to religion in that sense, right?
I've read an article about how secularism didn't rid people of their fanaticism. It just manifests now in different ways like the "militant" atheism, but also the SJWs, hardcore vegans, cult of personality followers and the like. All stuff some people are adamant about. We've exchanged the one god for a bronze idol in a sense, but haven't lost the devoutness.

And I'm atheist myself before you ask, lol.

I remember when I was an atheist. I realized that I wasn't when I was 16. Adults who are 'atheists' are emotionally stunted and probably were diddled by priests as kids. Now I don't worship the Jewish desert demon, but I recognize the importance of spirituality on the human condition and on my psyche. If more information on spirituality (that was non christian) was available in schools I think the world would be a better place.

I would say that average atheist doesn't do that.
Because average atheist isn't fucking hipster with narcistic personality disorder.
Yeah but what's the reasoning for hating something other than being hipster.

Are you autistic? atheism is the lack of belief in a god/higher power, there is nothing else that define atheists, also nice strawman:

>if u dnt beliv in muh book you were raped lol

this is always one of the worst arguements against atheism, it doesnt take you emotional trauma to not be convinced by the bible.

>he's right tho

I'm agnostic and I am not mocking people who aren't. Am I doing this wrong guys ?

It's not about "mainstream" things.

Atheists are fucking trash. They can't respect religious people, they will always taunt them, tell them "huuuuuur god doesn't exist! :) :) :) " and in general, they shit on Christianity and defend Islam or Judaism. Fuck them.

Dont bring up religion/politics IRL to spare yourself a lot of things, dont be autistic, don't give into this "intellectual" persona if you dont want people to laugh at you

>there are people who are unironically religious that post here
lel morons. Is your big bad gid gonna punish you if you accidentally scroll past a trap?

They're not wrong given Islam and American ""Christianity"".

This meme is STILL going? Most irreligious people don't give a shit if you delude yourself with fairy tales as long as you don't push it on them. You're blowing this way out of proportion.

I'm talking about real life by the way, online everyone can make fun of you for being a retard praising a jewish zombie, just like people make fun of everything else, being a christcuck does not give you immunity to internet trolling.

You're wrong

I am atheist but I'm not...

it is very difficult to say preciously how religion affected the world and what effects the banning of religion will have

religion is beyond simple tool for control, just as urbanization is beyond simple efficiency of production social or otherwise

religion has shaped the way we think, including about irreligious things to completely take it out and say it benefits is a big lapse in judgement

people around the world sees things in different ways, religion helps to explain the viewpoints candidly even if we don't agree

t. atheist

>He fell for religions dindu nuffin meme

In my experience atheists are the least vocal about their beliefs since there's nothing to practice. Also none of that in your face rah rahh religions r dumb stuff you guys like to parrot everytime atheism comes up.