Sometimes I feel very sad

>Sometimes I feel very sad
>Sometimes I feel very sad

Damn... powerful lyricism...

>song is literally about being born in le wrong generation

>there are people who actually dislike Pet Sounds
You can just say you don't appreciate music

I used to rip on The Beach Boys until I got into my early twenties and pet sounds just clicked with me one night. Same with The Beatles.

Further proof that the only people who rip on Pet Sound are less than 20 and think they know everything about the world.

>It makes you feel so bad
>It makes your heart feel sad
G E N I U S

Same with most dad rock for me. It's pretty much all I listen to anymore. I don't know how it happened.

>what is emotion?
Nah fuck that I only care about "deep" lyrics I can post on fb in hopes that girl I'm too much of a pussy to talk to will notice me

>I've never felt sad before
Really?

dadrock is really fucking good, i don't get why it has such a bad rep on here

>no mom and dad i won't do my homework!
>fuck you and your music!

For me it was the opposite, I got over my Beach Boys phase kind of quick, it only lasted from around eighteen through nineteen. That first year and a half or so out of high school.
1966 was absolutely brimming with albums that were ground breaking in some way but weren't as good as what other artists did in that style later down the line.

"Dadrock" was originally and more accurately used to describe artists like Queen, AC/DC, and the Rolling Stones, bands that you'll generally only be interested in if they held relevance to your youth at the time they came out, not bands like fucking Comus. Even the album Close to the Edge I feel is too much of an artistic triumph to really be considered dadrock. A little bit different than something like Baker Street.

>artistic value is only what I say it is!

>Don't discuss your opinion because it's just your opinion and that's not good enough.

>later down the line.
How later?

Remember context is key in judging art.
>my opinion is good enough, I don't need rational thought and credentials to back it up

>context is key in judging art.
It's a distraction, it makes its merit lie on something other than what the art actually achieves.

>what the art actually achieves.
This is dependent on context.

it is actually

explain how brian

>muh lyricism

it's sincere and direct, which perfectly reflects the music. listen to smile for better lyricism

>I guess I just was born in le wrong generation

Well, you did it, faggots. Love and Mercy comes out and every millennial white boy feelsfag fuckwit comes along and dickrides this album because muh sad lyrics and muh tortured artist without actually understanding the immeasurable harmonic complexity nor the sophistication of the vocal or instrumental arrangements, and now this is one of those albums people trash on because you dipshits inundate the board every single hour on the hour with the most inane, cursory praise the likes of which not even this trash board has previously been able to match. Now I can't talk to the four people on this board who know anything about music theory about this album without some jaded, mouthbreathing degenerates trying to derail the discussion.

For the love of christ, PLEASE just go make some infested plague ship of a containment thread called "surface level appreciation of Pet Sounds general" and worm your way over there and stay there, you inbred buttfuck whorespawn. I IMPLORE you: act like the subhuman parasites of society you are and quietly flock to the hovel in which you fucks may waste your life without bothering others. Have the decency to do that, rather than let the manic obsession of an unrealistic impression of "muh troubled artist ;_;" clog every struggling channel of your mental processes, leading to your fervent and unrelenting shilling of this album, which in turn is only making people turn against it like the sweaty kneejerk contrarians they are.

I swear to god I want to find you uneducated shills in real life so badly. I doubt I'd even punch you or anything. I'd see your faces, I'd see the empty mechanics of your eyes and know that your animalistic, fevered middle finger to god of a brain deserved nothing more than pity. I'd walk away knowing that to beat the shit out of you would do nothing.

Just do me a favor and fuck off. I'm sick of this album getting the ITAOTS treatment.

I find this line even more powerful because of it's simplicity, also in the musical context it is in.

I've been singing this lyric around my house for the past week. I used to think I Know There's an Answer was my favorite song, but it's definitely I Guess I Just Wasn't Made for These Times.
The delivery of the lyrics, how the song's movement compliments it,

This is objectively and for many people subjectively the best record ever made, on par with classical music. It has a magic in it, Brian channeled entities from higher dimensions that sent him visions of music of higher frequency. This is how heaven sounds like

Well you two got into a really stupid argument.

But yeah for me Dadrock is music that depends on a context of the babyboomer concept of cool in order to have appeal.

>only I define what is cool!
Wow talk about a really stupid argument

show me some more fun music than The Rolling Stones and I will thank you forever. One of the most fun bands to listen to.