THE MAN WHO RUINED MUSIC

>psst,hey kid wanna see a trick?
>*does the same chord over and over with a """progressions""' here and there that make no sense in the context of the song for 2 and a half minutes*
>*invents blues and ruins music completely because music become just a repeating clusterfuck*
No surprise he says that he was possessed by the devil because only the devil can make something so evil.

More like
>the man who INVENTED music

>he thinks post african repetitions are music
>he listens to post african repetitions at all
T U R B O P L E B
GO BACK TO
>>>/neomu/

How many levels of irony are you all on?

>European Classical music isn't repetitive

absolutely rich

mu·sic
noun
1. Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce blues or rock and roll.
"couples were dancing to the music"

Kindly go back to your containment site
>>/google/

ya blues fuckin sux

So Cred Forums, how did he die?

Back to tumblr, xir

Wasn't he the one who OD'd on pot?

>Not seeing the tension in repetition
>Not appreciating the unpredicability of chordal changes in blues
pleb

btw johnson is by far the plebiest bluesman.
He's got nothing on Charley Patton, Skip James, Bukka White, Blind Lemon Jefferson, early Son House, early John Lee hooker, King Solomon Hill, Tommy Johnson etc etc etc (the list goes on kek)

kek you are a true contrarian if you think robert johnson is bad

>implying Johnson was an influential musician in his time
>implying Johnson's contemporaries were influenced by him
lol, your blues illiteracy is pretty clear

I don't think he is bad at all, I just think he is way more boring than the ones I listed (in part because he installed the base for a type of blues I think took away the character that made it itneresting)

>believing meme documentaries
Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, and tons of Mississippi imitators were all influenced by Johnson

It's not his fault that he recorded in the 40s after Charley Patton, Lead Belly, and Blind Lemon. He's still a master of the style.

It isn't, though.

>muh REPEATING

This is how you spot music plebs.

>complains about repetition
>makes the same thread repeatedly

This is the only way you plebs are going to understand

>"yeah, I'm a stockhausen sort of guy"

Stockahausen is a hack but that doesn't mean he is wrong

>Stockahausen is a hack
oh lawd

Maybe I am wrong, who knows really. Bluesmen fucking lie all the time about stuff like that. What I do know however is that Johnson was recorded before the 40s in '37 and '38.

Forgot to mention that if they were influenced by him, it must have been from live performances and meeting him. The actual sides that he cut were pressed in very, very limited numbers with the exception of "Terraplane Blues"

Forgive the failpost samefagging but I just remembered an interview I saw with Shines that said in live performances he played mostly crowd-pleasing standards and stayed away from his original compositions. I suspect the people that say they were influenced by him were bullshitting their probably white interviewers

That's not funny, user. My brother injected a couple marijuanas ONE time, and now he thinks he's a glass of orange juice and if you bump into him he'll tip over and die. We visit him in the home every other weekend and holidays. It's sad.