Why is Cobain said to be the closest thing to Hendrix in terms of guitar innovation and not Frusciante?

Why is Cobain said to be the closest thing to Hendrix in terms of guitar innovation and not Frusciante?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=guv6rjjJeiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Has anyone ever said that?

who said that?

I don't think anyone's said that ever

I said that.

Well your a idoit

Frusciante is like Mayer and McCready, just copying Hendrix's licks and style

Cobain was doing something entirely fresh

His playing was literally 4 chords through a DS-1

shit b8 op

>Cobain was doing something entirely fresh
>people actually think this
the ramones invented power chords, user.

No he wasn't. His style was a continuation of the guitar work of Ron Asheton, Steve Jones etc. Simple power chords and distortion

>It really is easy to hate John Mayer. His personal life is complete tabloid fodder, and he’s not exactly the best, or brightest interview. Save from a pretty funny stint on the Chappelle Show, John Mayer is known to most as a Dave Matthews-light, that guy who penned “Your Body is a Wonderland” and a purveyor of teeny bopper, FM radio pop music that no self respecting musician would listen to. And while the impression certainly holds some weight, in reality, if you dig enough on Youtube, or listen to his live albums it becomes impossible to ignore the fact that John Mayer is an incredibly talented guitarist. Like, an amazing guitar player, which is unsurprising as Mayer trained at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Massachusetts, one of the best music schools in the country. Check out his live work, and his acoustic finger style playing for proof. It’s painful to admit, but John Mayer is one of the best, and most underrated guitarists in music today.

>Cobain was doing something entirely fresh
>something entirely fresh
>entirely fresh

These are both wrong, it's Thurston and Lee.

Thurston the whore

You'd've thought Kim would've been enough but I gues he was Thurston for Moore

kurt cobain was shit at guitar. see ya

Go 2 bed Nardwar

Trips of truth tbhwyfam

>demon53000frusciante isn't totally irrelevant to the entirety of the whole of the universe and life and god.
Weird... because he actually is, liar. He even says so himself. Caught by their own lies, yeps.

Saying Cobain is shit at guitar is as retarded as saying he's great at guitar. He was good for the kind of music he was doing and thats it.

oh shit

That knowledge when Miss john frusciante literally is heidi as a nonmusician become adolf hitler as a failure even, besides his painting, at tyranny.

Wut

write songs about feminizm
be a womanizer

>guitar skill
>in rock
lmao good one m8

rock was never about instrumental skill, the best of it is made by stupid kids who can't play their instruments

Listen to jazz for technical guitar work you plebs

this reads like Julian Casablancas lyrics

>write songs about feminizm
That was almost entirely Kim though wasn't it?

Thurston shouts I believe Anita Hill

Nope

wat

Isn't Youth Against Fascism taking the piss though, or at least only semi-serious?

the guy invented grunge

Kys

When actually has john frusciante ever truely been a great guitarplayer, when all he does is play and singermongwrite extremely stylizedly.

that could be said in general of the Chile peppers. to their credit, californication was fantastic, I really dug their more melancholy sound, it worked for them. not so much the goof-ball funk with pentatonic solos.

frusciante definitely knows how to fill space as the only guitar player, which in a trio is difficult. he also plays with a good bit of "emotion" and is exciting to listen to, even if it is hendrix copied.

the chile peppers always reminded me of the ultimate bar band....they aren't the strongest or most consistent "songwriters". but they can jam and put on a great show with some blues and rock, rap, funk hip hop thrown in. decent musicians, samey vocalist. flamboyant and energetic, crossed generations relatively well. not pretentious, stadium sized, acrobats. chad drinks a lot and fucks whores

Fuck it, thread over. Pack it up boys.

MOIST VAGINAAAAAAA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA MARIJUANA turtle in a half-shell

Are you schizophrenic by any chance? This triggers my cuckoo detector.

John is good, but he's a terrible as a songwriter.

emulate Cobain and kys

There's no such thing as skizofrenia.

Fuck off, goebbels.

lel not even close. Neither of them.

learn your trivium and quadrivium.
How can you be a good popular music musician, if what you make is shit? #frusciante

too soon

>terrible as a songwriter

That's wrong though...
youtube.com/watch?v=guv6rjjJeiQ

no

That's not even "My Smile Is A Rifle." or "Life's A Bath."