The Flaming Lips are the biggest and most important band of 2016. They're fucking amazing

The Flaming Lips are the biggest and most important band of 2016. They're fucking amazing.

>Band has more than 4 members

>Most important band of 2016
>Haven't released a good album since 2009

*rock band has more than 4 members

i have to say that pic is kinda cool

but best of 2016? what am i missing?

>what is 7 skies h3
>what is heady fwends
>what is the terror

I don't know nothing probably I just made a stupid shit thread

>band does a Clockwork Orange parody

God this band and Wayne fucking Coynes midlife are crisis are fucking trash, even Steve in this picture knows he looks way too old for this shit and just wants to make music without all the bullshit

It's better than the Wizard of Oz one they did

wayne is useless and two extra members are needed to carry his dead weight

oh, dear

*holds up spork*

Is there a more JUST picture of them than this one? Holy shit they look like 100 miles of hard road

I dont know anything about this band except that they heavily rely on pop culture references to carry them. I always see them doing shitty Beatles covers with miley cyrus.

All you have to know is that they're really good at what they do, Steve is the talent behind the band but Wayne's the leader and he's having a midlife crisis.

>I dont know anything about this band
Point taken lol

>Steve is the talent behind the band
why? i'm not refuting you, i just want to know

He writes most of the music, plays most of the instruments, does the arranging etc. Michael does a lot of the production work. Wayne sings. The rest are basically auxilliary members.

This

Steve writes most of the songs and Wayne adds lyrics. It has been this way for a long time and they are pretty open about it. After Ronald Jones left Steve has pretty much had control of the creative direction of the band, I know he was behind the orchedtration of Soft Bulletin as well as the moodier Kraut-influenced style of Embryonic and the Terror. I'm going to assume this is true for everything inbetween those albums as well.

Wayne writes the lyrics too, and I honestly can't say if he's a good lyricist. Are the lyrics to the Soft Bulletin cheesy or brilliant? I actually can't decide

that sucks, not be the leader of your own band

There's no power struggle in the band or anything like that
Wayne is pretty talentless by himself and his ideas have really only worked when he had more talented people behind the actual music. First it was Jonathan Donahue and then it was Ronald Jones and Drozd.

it wasn't him of the idea of make the six hour song? (which i really like)