[spoiler]so what do you think Cred Forums? It's a good sophomore album imo...

[spoiler]so what do you think Cred Forums? It's a good sophomore album imo. It bridges the gap between what viet cong and women nicely[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/the-knife-shaking-the-habitual
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

enjoyable listen
not memorable though

not bad vietcong was better, women is untouchable

Why is that I enjoy both of these albums much more than anything Women put out? I still dig Women quite a bit, but I feel bad.

I think this release is a little bit safer than Viet Cong, but maybe a tad more enjoyable. The highs aren't nearly as high, but super consistent. And I love the added synths and such. Great, great album.

this is accurate, it's good but it has nowhere near the staying power of Viet Cong

Public Strain is a masterpiece though, I would be so happy if they made anything that even came close to that

The Smiths and Depeche Mode being my earliest musical loves "Memory" got my dick hard like no other. It doesn't strike me quite as unique as Viet Cong but I've not given it enough time. Death still stands the most brilliant reimagining of post-punk I've yet seen, fucking sublime, so it's a high bar. Nowhere near bad, all relative to their level of musicianship, but damn if I wasn't hoping for something as ass-flattening as Viet Cong. Reception for me is a little like Government Plates by Death Grips; coming off Ex Military, TMS, and NLDW it was still real good but damn if it didn't hit the same way previous records did.

I really like it. It makes me excited to see these guys live in a couple weeks. I feel like Viet Cong had better moments overall, and was a better first listen, but this is solid throughout.

What do you guys think of Cindy Lee?

need link

love cindy lee. act of tenderness is underrated as fuck. totally went under my radar until a few weeks ago. in fact im lstening to it rn

I thought it was more the other way around with higher highs on this one but viet cong was really consistent. I agree on it being a safer album as well

Currently spinning, I'm really digging it.

>band makes two self titled albums

Listening now. I actually don't remember Viet Cong at all so I'm gonna listen to that again too.

Public Strain is one of my favorite albums of all time, so it's weird I didn't get into Viet Cong as much.

So far, I think the songs are very concise and well constructed. A lot more like The Chameleons than Women was. memory is my favorite track so far (And I do like the ambient bit).

Three if you count Women.

I liked it a lot. Not as good as Viet Cong imo but it was good.

did anyone happen to see the horrible tiny mix tapes review of the album? why does TMT suck so fucking much?

>listens to This Heat once and Joy Division twice

You should read the Shaking the Habitual review. Pretentious af.
tinymixtapes.com/music-review/the-knife-shaking-the-habitual

>Indeed, I’m not attacking The Knife for their daring feat, but reexamining my own familiarities with convention at the hands of their artistry, and that simply won’t register on a scale of one to five.

jesus christ

7/10. I liked most of it- Stimulation was the only song I disliked. That incessant perfect fifth on the bass-line just killed the vibe of the song. Memory and Degraded were best tracks.

A good album, but the songwriting, as concise as it was, might have been a bit two bare. It needed more moments like the tempo increase/key change up in Memory.

The only good thing that came out of this whole Viet Cong bullshit was that first cassette tape. That was so nicely recorded. Thumpy, spacious, top tier pop songwriting that didn't compromise any of their inherent post-punkisms.

Between their two albums there is the makings of a 9/10, they should've held off the release of Viet Cong for a year and just released the best songs from both as a single album

where you seeing them mate? I'm also seeing them in a few weeks

cindy lee makes preoccupations look like shit when we're talking about post-women

definitely agree with the last thing you said. i think what this means is that they've got their pop album out of the way and they'll make some more experimental stuff next time around