Should I cop the Roland404

Yes or no?
Please help me decide
I'm a fool

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/24wbKVjfkY/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy a gun or a 303 instead

Yes. Grimes uses one of them, it's her main instrument. (In fact SP-404 SX).

What are you trying to do with it? How experienced are you in making music?

i'm just tryna fuck

buy it.

I got one a few months ago and I've loved it, totally worth it. you can do anything you want with it

get the 505 its better
how autistic L O L !

yeah its gonna be the first thing hardware ill get, that or a push 1 lol.

u mean the 555? those are tight.

i got a korg volca sample because im an idiot dont be like me get this instead im gonna sell my bull shit and get one eventually

wish I was rich as fuck for one of these

what do you wanna do? it's pretty outdated

This si the second time I've seen obvious roland shills try and push this thing here.

Fuck off. Posting on Cred Forums does not make you a "social media expert" and it just makes your company look like a bunch of gay faggots.

is this bait?

get it
the 404 better effects
the 404sx better workflow

sp's are sick, you can do a whole lot with one, it's a solid cop

have the 404. wish i had the 404sx desu

Are you still in school or something

Don't you think Roland shills would be pushing their new products rather than something that's been out for years and well established?

>saying that a legendary musician uses this instrument = autism
If that sampler is good for Grimes it must be good to the OP too, you stupid autist.

>a legendary musician
that's going a bit far isn't it?

I have a SP303, and the only good things about it are its awesome effects, and its intuitive sequencer and interface.
But you can't slowdown or speed-up samples, the time-stretching algorithm is totally useless, you can only use one effect at a time, having only 8 samples to play with during performances is very limiting, the pads aren't very reliable, and you can't do much with its MIDI capabilities.
It was made for DJs, not for producing music with it. Don't fall for the "J Dilla made Donuts with it" meme. There is a reason why all the tracks on it but one are less than 2 minutes long. Yes, Madlib and Panda Bear made cool stuff with it, but I'm not Madlib or Panda Bear, and I don't think it suits the workflow of a lot of people.
I need to sell it while people still fall for the meme. If I would buy a hardware sampler today, it would be an Octatrack, but I'm too poor for that, so I will stay with Bitwig and Renoise. There are countless possibilities to explore with those two DAWs, even on Linux with very few VSTs available.
I can't say anything about the 404 or the 505, but they seem more versatile, which is a good thing.

I might pick one up anyway. I'm aware of a couple of the major flaws, but I'm interested to try hardware sampling and sequencing, and the resale is pretty good where I am, can't see myself losing much more than 10%.

bump

No. Grimes is already legendary. Name a single female artist other than Grimes with so many daily threads and general interest on Cred Forums.

I got one of these, but I don''t know how to use it. :(

college, yes

you nearly had me, you laid it on a bit thick there though

Fwiw Grimes currently uses two of them in tandem for her live setup.
instagram.com/p/24wbKVjfkY/

Moderat are known for using them as well.

bump