The 90s was objectively the best decade for music

the 90s was objectively the best decade for music

The six is upside down user

90s or 70s and you can't convince me otherwise

I prefer the 1460s

I disagree with this statement

you're absolutely right

Objective ranking: 60s > 90s > 70s > 00s > 80s > 10s (so far).

fuck I wish I was born in 1450

´The 90s of which decade?

the 9090s

Fuck you wrong generation hichcaroo

Anything before the 2000s, really. As soon as the business model collapsed and untalented hacks started making music in their bedrooms everything went to shit.

Right there with you. Which is the better of the two? I might have to say 70s (followed very closely by 90s)

60s > 70s > 10s > 80s > 00s

70s >>>> 60s > 90s > 80s > 00s > 10s

>00s above 80s
lmao

kek
quality posts

Why is the 80s so low ITT?

10s>60s>70s>00s>90s>80s

No the 80s was, the 90s was full of corny depressing shit

it's "cheesy" "naff" and basically not stylish

maybe because it's parent-age right now

i wish i was born 1000 years ago

70s>90s>60s>>>>>>>s

Time to contribute my hot opinions!

90s>60s>80s>70s>10s>>s

No idea why everyone hates the 80s when it was actually pretty good

YUCK

10s>00s>90s>80s>70s>>>s

>the 90s was objectively the best decade for popular music

fixed that for you

The 90's had some of the best albums for sure. 91 was a great great great year.

But I do think that the 90's were the best in terms of indie for sure but not for music in general.

60s > 10s > 70s > 90s > 80s > 00s

80s

>I WISH THAT
>I WAS BORN A THOUSAND YEARS AGO
Was Lou Reed lewronggeneration?

Is everyone here forgetting the fucking black mark on music that is Grudge? If you genuinely idolize the 90s you aren't old enough to have lived through the 90s.

this, the deeper you dig into the 90s the more cool shit you find. also goes for the 2000s

60s > 70s > 90s > 50s > 80s > 2000s > 2010s

>he doesn't hold grudges
what a fag lmao

grunge had a couple good bands but it's impact on music as a whole was negative

I would swap the 80s and the 2010s.
other than that I fully agree

damn...

Grunge was great until Kurt died

Perhaps counting isn't one of your strengths

The second summer of love starting in '88 was the most important era in modern European music culture as it took the American based house and techno and fused it with European attitudes, prowess and compositional excellence to forefront the run of the music that followed on through the rave era, the 90s progression of techno, house, and of course breakbeat hardcore, jungle and all the genres and fusions that followed

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, one of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was jungle or drum & bass, a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation Thanks to ever more intricate beats and to free structures borrowed from jazz, jungle music rapidly became the foundation for a new kind of avantgarde music, pursued by the most austere of the genre's visionaries

80s > 2010s > 90s > 70s > 50s > 2000s > 60s

>the 90s of which century
FTFY
Lots of good stuff in the 1890s. 1790s weren't too shabby either.

90's>00's>80's>60's>70's>50's>10's

I win

1991 was best year, prove me wrong

10s>80s>90s>70s>60ss

Grunge was actual garbage

however there were a lot of amazing albums to come out in the 90s, probably more than any other decade

>Kurt Cobain died 800 years ago
And with him, Rock'N'Roll....

You just proved yourself wrong

I wish that I'd sailed the darkened seas

basically it's
50s > 60s > 70s > 40s > 30s > 90s > 80s > 00s > 10s

Why do people rank the 80's so low when some of Cred Forums's favorite collective artists are from the 80's or were influenced by music in the 80's?

Do people just literally think of glam rock and synth pop when they think of the 80's? So what about Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Early Metallica, Sisters of Mercy, The Smiths, industrial era Swans, Big Black, punk, the rise of indie rock back when indie rock was an interesting genre, etc.?

60's: The decade of crazy music
70's: The decade of weird music
80's: The decade of crazy music
90's: The decade of weird music
00's: The decade of depressing music
10's: ?

True

Utter bullshit.

My music was released in the 90's.

gish too. Damn.
95 had morning glory and MCIS tho.

because the 80s had a pretty bad start
it wasnt until the last 4 or 5 years of that decade to innovate and make relevant albums from the artists we all know here

For Popular Music:
1970s > 1960s > 2000s > 1950s > 1920s > 1930s > 1980s > 1990s > 1940s > 1910s > 1910s > 1890s

I hope you mean the 1790s.

10s, the decade of post-conceptual music

Uh, what does that even man man

Shut up EDM faggot

Decade stuff is a bit of a misdirect, because trends and styles tend not to conform to the decades we lay out. 50s kitch and doo-wop was really late 50s and early 60s and then the 60s and 70s everyone jerks off wasn't till about 65 and it died in the early 70s.

That being said, 20s music was wonderful.

it mans that the 2010s will be the decade in which we move past conceptual music (vaporwave, PC music, ironic hardcore, meme rap etc), and create a truly post-postmodern era of music.

despite vaporwave and that post conceptualism,this decade is not defined by anything because of infinite influences from the internet

so far,you could describe the 10s with a dominant hip hop trend,the revivals of emo and shoegaze,big innovations in the metal genre and the death of rock in the mainstream.....and these are considering only the most important albums as for now,wait until some critics or users appreciate it in a fair way

10s > 90s > 70s > 60s > 00s > 80s

That's not judging by the quality of individual artists, but by the amount of talent that surfaced throughout each decade.

I don't think we'll get past self-referential orgies of memes, irony and sarcasm until the late 20s or maybe even the 30s.

le born in the wrong generation