I'm so fucking sick of these narcissistic, effortless album covers

I'm so fucking sick of these narcissistic, effortless album covers.

I'm not talking about the music, I just mean the cover art. Look at pic related.

>DUDE IT'S JUST A PICTURE OF ME FACEPALMING BECAUSE I'M SO LE DEPRESSED EVEN THOUGH I'M RICH AND FAMOUS AND HAVE MILLIONS OF FANS LMAO
>DUDE WHITE BORDERS LMAO

I'm not saying that every single album cover should be some lolsocomplex "I majored in graphic arts"-tier shit but I just wish artists would put more effort into album covers. People don't realize it but the cover has a subconscious impact on how you react to the music the first time you hear it.

Other urls found in this thread:

enchroma.com/test/instructions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

somebody failed their understanding art 101 class :(

I don't understand the problem with the Blonde's cover.

>album called "Blonde"
>he actually has green hair
???

somebody fucked up real bad on that one

the picture is amazing, fits his author aesthetic concept, its fine, i'd be amazed if someone would find a way to be pissed about a picture of a mascule afrodescendent man with green hair in a kinda sexy way confronting a camera (no homo). I hope you're some girl with a Rym account.

I only care if an album cover is aesthetically pleasing. This album cover does the job. I have no complaints.

Holy shit lmao

i mean, it's not really that necessary - and the music of the album is very minimalist anyway - maybe a complex cover would detract from that.

also being rich and famous doesn't stop people being depressed, you'd think you would understand that after the thousands and thousands of hollywood suicides.

The fuck you're talking about? His hair is blonde

I think this is actually a pretty good album cover. I haven't listened to the album yet but I think it represents franks music and image really well. That font is really nice looking. All the other art ive seen for the released is stylized well too.

>(You)

>le "rich people can't be depressed" meme
When will this slave mentality end?

Good taste.
Shit taste.

The white borders meme is popular cooptation of ECM design aesthetic.

Minimalism is 'in' now, in more ways than just forms of art. Look at the Apple conference a couple weeks ago. Look at Windows 10. Material design mobile friendly web 3.0 design and aesthetic. Look at the fucking last.fm update.

I'm with OP.

it's dyed green. you can tell its not blonde with green lighting because there's nothing else in the photo with a green tinge

he changed the title to blond, but this was about to be called boys dont cry

its a confrontational titled and a reference to Dylan's "Blonde on blonde", it plays with the peoples steryotype about race, sexuality and genre.

- black male (which is automatically artistically pleasing);
- blonde, blondes generally are sexually interesting;
- green hair, the constrast;
- the font, the commercial aproach, the medium, magazine, artful, art consumerism comment.

But it's green??

it's really not that big a deal, if you go on pitchfork new reviews or RYM 2016 there's plenty of normal non-border covers

autism

Dude, his hair is yellow.. as in Blonde
What the fuck are you talking about? What green lighting

>takes contemporary art once

It's fucking yellow.. Is this a meme or something?

And there's plenty of border covers too.

Placid, sterile unoriginality shouldn't be lauded the consensus of something new or cutting edge in any sense. These people are hacks in a creative dry spell because they were never really talented to begin with.

You wanna know how I know you have never graduated college?

>it's a "user finds out he's colorblind thanks to a Cred Forums thread" episode

i really think it's just an aesthetic style that people are doing, it's got very little to do with musical creativity. it's just a style.

and i don't think many people are calling it creative either.

>dyed green
wut
album is called blonde
hair is blonde

>EVEN THOUGH I'M RICH AND FAMOUS AND HAVE MILLIONS OF FANS LMAO

this goes against how human beings work and is a clear showcase of your isolation

ECM alone didn't "popularize" borders you fucking dolt. Are you seriously trying to drop that sort of knowledge?

LMFAO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't expect mainstream artists to adapt their products to fit inimaginable pretentious patterns. They are worried more about an atually aesthetically pleasing arts. This mean most of time generally its some meme appeal and miniamlism with a balance with some colours and sex / political bait.

Who ever claimed these album covers were supposed to be "new" or "cutting edge?" Seriously, who are you quoting?

it's a necessity not a style
borders happened because most cameras don't take square photos, and most photographers don't take photos knowing they'll be cropped.

Are you serious right now? I'm telling you it's yellow.. Look at the fucking screen shot

Because I'm still in college? ;u
>it's got very little to do with musical creativity. it's just a style.
All of these albums are musically absolute dogshit. Coincidence?
>and i don't think many people are calling it creative either.
Where were you when Blonde dropped?
They popularized white borders, you fucking mong.
There's nothing necessary about having anything less than a full res vinyl / cassette jacket with modern cameras. It's pandering, trendy, pop art hack work.

1/2

>he listens to future

dyed blonde hair turns green when it goes into chlorine

That shit is yellow

All music and art is inherently narcissistic

>not using legacy captcha
>2016

this is a bizarre level of trolling
try this: enchroma.com/test/instructions/

2/2

There's a difference between introspection and narcissism.

Bowie, I will love you forever, but this cover pisses me off good and proper.

Why would someone even take a class like that

damn.....

this cover is a lot better anyways
the original cover fits the first half/first 30 minutes, the alternate cover (this cover) fits the second half/last 30 minutes

I'm not using my personal computer (on vacation)

i don't think you grasped my point.
a lot of album artwork photos are coincidental, they were taken without the intention of being made into a square. so these photographers take a landscape photo, and then don't want to crop it to size, because when they took it they framed it perfectly.

if you want designated album photos that are made to be square you're removing any sense of spontaneity in the artwork

i will never understand why so many people shit themselves over this soft rnb dronefest

Literally name one album with white borders that doesn't belong in the fucking garbage.

there is so much wrong with this post, im actually surprised it was written
heres your (you) for making an impressive shit post

>ECM popularized a basic design technique that no label would've otherwise used were it not for the cutting edge revolution of the white border
???

this is a god-tier cover

>Just heard this album yesterday because Cred Forums loves it. I said Ok I'll give it a try.

It's fucking disgusting! Wtf is wrong with you? Are you a bunch of gay niggers now?

i cant

I just posted two dumbass

the album that OP posted?

>implying those albums are
>good

Do you have to pay for what!?

here OP, i think i found a cover you might like with your absolute shit taste

closer
wish you were here
surfer rosa
spirit of eden
hounds of love
giant steps
another green world
music for 18 musicians
e.t.c

Obvious choice, but come on.

No. I'm dead serious and not fucking color blind

and spirit of eden and laughing stock

that's a great cover

Proof

He said good albums.

DAILY RETARD POST

It's good though, not op

I like Blonde's cover too but M.I.A. has good album artwork, come on

Deal with it edgelord.

hey loomis kids

>popularized
Avant / free improv jazz and ECM'S pop relevance to "music nerds" of the time popularized minimalist design aesthetic with application to album art as a medium. I never said they invented it, you dense cunt. Manfred Eicher's pension for withdrawn visual component is everywhere.

meme
meme
meme
meme
meme
meme
meme
meme
meme

good bait made me reply a lot

I held this opinion when I was literally 14 years old christ man

Is that a question? Are you asking me whether or not Blonde belongs in the trash or is this your passive aggressive / lame attempt at sarcasm?

Cause the answer is yes, Blonde is complete dogshit and Ocean is a hack.

Bringing it All Back Home

>attributing a difference of opinion to immaturity
>LITERALLY
wtf I know you have a vagina and are probably a bitchy older sister wtf

Hey op

kek I bet that you're 15

I use this one.

This is true, sometimes depression can be a chemical imbalance in your brain you can never escape from

Oh, and this

Hey OP why did you make a thread that is literally not about music on a music board.

Don't you know that's against the rules?

Is there any proof for this?

This is good though

no one's brought this up yet...?

> i-if I can say enough pretentious artistic bullshit maybe it'll make up for the fact that I like shitty RnB

hope someone got fired over that blunder

hehe having a dumb opinions gets him all tetchy and horny

The music is pretty awful as well

>criticizes art for being narcissistic
what else would it be, genius?
>white borders
is ur vision broken

brought up how great it is? What's there to talk about?

I just want to know why the title is Blonde but its spelled Blond on the cover.
Why?

Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)

>
Say this shit to me irl and I swear to God I'll pin you against a wall and make out with you.

Blond is the masculine form, while Blonde is the feminine. Likely, it's the contrast between masculine and feminine viewpoints in the afterglow of a break-up, or maybe it has something to do with Frank's sexuality and the way he interprets it. It's just a lead for us, as fans, to use to analyze the album.

LMAO THE TITLE SAYS BLOND BUT MY HAIR IS GREEN NIGGA HAHAHA (100 emoji)

holy shit what a fag

..maybe that why he's face palming. because they fucked up the album title above him lmao

He's not wrong though, maybe you're the fag. You ever think of it that way?

>Parental advisory sticker
Edgy

effortless album cover? the green hair juxtaposed with the album title, the hand covering the face, the bandage on his hand (from the altercation with chris brown).. this album cover is a lot more interesting than most shit

i love everything about this art, i dont know why

Yeah this one's pretty fucking bad
triple dubs confirm

>>- black male (which is automatically artistically pleasing);
lol

kate bush - hounds of love
xiu xiu - nina
xiu xiu - the air force
no others tho

when you dye your hair blonde, and you go into a swimming pool, it turns green cause of the chlorine. also why ryan lochte's hair was green.

guys imagine being this salty L M A O

>this nigga does not like rnb
Try having sex with a women

meme

this one is a little less autistic, and you might even consider this to have a bit of an artistic aesthetic to it

>he doesn't listen to future

>not listening to Desiigner

git git grah fampai

that music in the tabs made me cringe

why user?

this one is actually really brilliant because anyone could have made it but Kanye was the first one who did.

No album cover will ever be as bad as any of James Ferraros covers. Prove me wrong.

fuck is this real? looks terrible

Looks like a shutterstock stock photo

that's the point

the album is about artificiality, everything manufactured and fake in millenial technological culture etc.

Eureka's album cover is so bad it actually turns some people off from the music.

That sounds pretty fucking terrible tbqh with u

better than most Cred Forumscore tbqh

I just want to go back to the good ol' days of a singe banana for the album covers

kek

Blonde hair = golden hair. Black people don't have naturally blonde hair. It turning green means it's fake. Fool's gold. Basically valueless. Black = valueless
Probably reading too much into it, but it doesn't feel too far fetched for me

this is a riff on trend reports. A bunch of other people did it before he did. Look through TMT's "Eureka" reviews section and you'll see a bunch.

do you think frank and chris brown fucked?

/

;

I'm so fucking sick of these narcissistic, effortless album covers.

I'm not talking about the music, I just mean the cover art. Look at pic related.

>DUDE IT'S JUST A PICTURE OF ME STARING INTENSELY BECAUSE I'M SO SUPER SERIOUS AND HARDCORE IN JAZZ
>DUDE BLACK AND WHITE LMAO

I'm not saying that every single album cover should be some lolsocomplex "I majored in graphic arts"-tier shit but I just wish artists would put more effort into album covers. People don't realize it but the cover has a subconscious impact on how you react to the music the first time you hear it.

Jazz album covers are to rock album covers as theatre promo stills are to movie promo stills.

When someone with black hair wants to dye their hair blonde it takes a few sessions of dying on the first or second it might look green not blonde

who gives a fuck and why does this thread have so many replies? the cover art doesn't matter, it's the music that matters.

so I told James to make his album cover a shutterstock photo

HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN