youtube.com/watch?v=a1VLSi9wdFE
youtube.com/watch?v=slrZF_SwlbE
youtube.com/watch?v=jmC3553Q3Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
youtube.com/watch?v=BPdRDYK6RLk
youtube.com/watch?v=6X9GFDVYIWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oasis

Blur lol but how tf is this the great debate? Isn't Oasis a joke?

Blur but both are severely overrated

oasis
blur are so shite

Gorillaz

Pulp

The gun that I use to shoot myself

this

Ride
Andy Bell made a big mistake tho

Starsailor

manics

United States>United Kingdom

OASIS
A
S
I
S

Not britpop

Blur has a discography expanding many different styles witch they all masterfully display. They have talented musicians in particular Graham Coxon. They're mostly pop but they tastefully insert experimental textures in their songs. On average their compositions catchy, creative, and original.

Oasis is a band with one decent album, their songs are predictable their singer probably masturbates to the Beatles at least 5 times a day, and their lyrics are dumb.

This is not a great debate, it's oasis fanboys being salty idiots. Please stop, If you enjoy listening to wonderwall, by all means keep doing so, just down curse blur's name by continually comparing the two.

Oasis is real music, blur is just a noise.

Oasis have some many beautiful songs but I think that almost all sound very similar. Blur have diferrent styles in their albums.

Anyway, I prefer Oasis LOL

/thread

LOL XD Oasis are my life

Noel is a genious

Definitely Blur.

t. I am afraid to admit I like Coldplay

>One decent album

Its time for you to stop, they had 2 and one great B-side album and arguably one album that was shot down by the press in an attempt to kill Britpop-which it did.

>Masturbates to the Beatles

I don't get this. Oasis sounds hardly anything like the Beatles. Oasis is much more rock orientated.

>Their lyrics are dumb

I also hate this criticism. Lyrics do not make a song-sound does.

By the pure fact that it is you arguing this, the other side already wins.

You're wrong anyway though

oasis

fuck off montie

Fuck off montie

Not even Noel would enjoy your asslicking

who's hyped for the documentary of the year?

Wrong generation UK teens and the Gallaghers themselves

As a young twat I opted for Blur purely because I saw Oasis fans as neds.

Now I have grown up, Noel Gallagher is a much better song writer and overall human being than Damon Albarn.

Noel is the kind of guy I would love to have a whisky with and he deserves every bit of the success he has enjoyed.

Damon Albarn is the dictionary definition of an elitist London twat who should be hung for crimes against humanity.

Reminder that Oasis' best songs were non singles.

youtube.com/watch?v=p28UH0fY-7Y

youtube.com/watch?v=-lBp5bExsEE

>he deserves every bit of the success he has enjoyed

Hi Noel

oasis.

Blur only had like three good songs, while Oasis had like three good albums overall.

Damon Albarn sounds so much better with Gorillaz

Oasis by far. Blur made Song 2 and Girls and Boys.

They also made Country House, The Universal and Tender

>Not realising song 2 is a parody of shit coming out of the US at the time

Doesn't make it less annoying

what?

you mean the current generation doesn't care? i don't understand

you might as well ask us to compare dog shit and horse shit

Oasis, but neither are good.

or nirvana and pearl jam

This should have been the first reply.

Horse shit is objectively better than dog shit though

I'm saying the only people who care about that film are wrong generation teens in the UK. Also 40 year olds but the current generation could not care less

really? I find it tastes more bitter.

>not liking his shit bitter
Sorry, didn't know you were twelve

12 and a half

Oasis

Blur is just whiny shit

Noel seems like he's a good dude to hang with

These guys fucking know. This Is Hardcore, The Holy Bible and Different Class shit on anything Blur and especially Oasis have done.

No disrespect intended to Blur because they are a great band, just not Pulp or Manics tier.

Oasis are the british equivalent to the smashing pumpkins

Came here to post this

Pulp is always the correct (if obvious) answer to this question

But the Smashing Pumpkins were great and sound nothing like them

Pulp or Manics?

Agreed on both Pulp and THB, but it always feels strange to bring up the Holy Bible in britpop discussions. Also a shame neither band is really known in the US.

Liam Gallagher's voice isn't great, but it's nowhere near as annoying as Corgan's

>tfw Pulp are objectively better than both

But Blur. Every one of their albums sound different. They've experimented with many different styles, from quirky guitar pop (Modern Life Is Rubbish, Parklife) to slower, ambient, darker stuff (13, Think Tank) to heavier noise rock (self-titled). They always kept it fresh, and had a real wit about them. Plus Glastonbury 2009 still remains one of the finest live performances I have ever had the pleasure to witness.

Oasis are just babby's first rock band who appeal to people who think they're football hooligans. A few genuinely good singles but I just find it hard to take the musical opinion of anyone seriously who lists them as a top five band, or regards that hack Noel Gallagher to be a "genius." Seriously, I'm fucking sick of articles constantly being shat out every time he says something about anything.

If you're asking which is a better band, I like THB better than any Pulp albums (while I like Different Class a whole lot too) but I'd rate Pulp above MSP as a whole for consistently.
Journal is real underrated though.

The best thing about Oasis is Noel's interviews and the bitchy shit he says about other bands/artists.
He should have his own show.

It came out around the same time that Britpop really took off, but yeah I agree. While all the other Britpop bands were writing fun, catchy anthems, the Manics were writing claustrophobic songs about the holocaust and prostitution and capital punishment.

I think Everything Must Go is generally regarded to be the closest they ever came to being Britpop, but like Radiohead, they were a bit too "moody" to ever fully be lumped in with the feelgood vibes of that movement.

What bullshit. The Pumpkins have released some utter dross in their later years, but when they were firing on all cylinders, they were a truly magnificent band. Siamese Dream is a masterpiece. And at least they tried to be innovative and experimental and not just live off the glories of their earlier albums.

Oasis are just simple music for simple people.

But his interviews aren't even that great. It's always either "[insert flavour of the month band here] are fookin' shite, in my day we had the Roses/Smiths/Sex Pistols/Stones/etc" or "dude I support Man City lmao."

The man is a parody of himself, and plunging further and further into stereotypical middle aged man territory with every sycophantic NME interview he does.

On that note, what's your favourite Noel Gallagher insult, Cred Forums?

>interviews aren't even that great.
Neither is his music.

Both are in my top five bands ever, but it's got to be the Manics. Just everything about that band is based as fuck. Even when they're making cheesy, middle of the road pop music, there's just something incredibly cool about their shamelessness and how they don't give a fuck that it's worlds apart from what their fans want.

>(About Liam): He's rude, arrogant, intimidating and lazy. He's the angriest man you'll ever meet. He's like a man with a fork in a world of soup.

Says it all that these days the press are more interested in what epic funny quotes he has to say than his actual music.

It's gotta be, "Foals, right, are fookin' shite, know what I mean? They're worse than watching Citeh lose - because did you know I support Citeh? It's not as if I mention it in every interview ever. Anyway, they're shite, even worse than arkid's music. They look like they've put their clothes, in a blendoh! I support Citeh, by the way."

THB is like that gloomy kid at the party of Britpop, telling everyone he wants to die and they have Hitler reprised in the worm on their souls, but everyone's too busy having a good time getting drunk and on drugs to notice him so he's just sulking in the corner.

How though? The pumpkins had wall of sound guitars with shoegaze and classic rock and symphonic influences. Oasis were just acoustic pop with a nasally singer.

It's like a cross between /r9k/, /his/ and Cred Forums, with a bit of Cred Forums thrown in, regarding the constant references to Nazis and other dictators.

Whereas the rest of Britpop was Cred Forums.

Fuck, I really like that album and all those boards are cancer (well, I've never been on /his/)

/his/ is a pretty chill board and the people there have a zero tolerance policy towards shitposters.

>He thinks anything Oasis have ever done can be compared to this

youtube.com/watch?v=1pcNP9JE0bs

Best/Worst song on Morning Glory?

>song
And?

WHOOOOOOOO THE FUCK ARE MAN UNIIIIIITED

WHOOOO THE FUCK ARE MAN UNIIIITED

Radiohead

Both are shit.

This

*hanged

>tfw everyone forgets Suede

Eurofags:
>oi watch me take the piss on these yank cunts
>tops mate cheers

America:
>did you hear something?
>some limp wristed faggot plugged his bass into a guitar amp or something, don't pay any attention

i hate them equally

Suede were pretty good as well.
I always thought of them as a Glam Rock band first and foremost though

>America vs Europe
Love me some butthurt americans who don't know about anything outside their country

>butthurt

>Europe
>thinking it's relevant

top laff

I genuinely like Song 2

Fuck, those brows.

It's a good song

>The pumpkins had wall of sound guitars with shoegaze and classic rock and symphonic influences.

So did Oasis you twat

>Also a shame neither band is really known in the US.
Pulp, as good as they were, I get not making it there, but I always thought THB seemed like it would have done well in the US

I honestly think Suede's debut is better than anything Oasis, Blur, or Pulp ever did.
And I say that without a stammer.

yup

lol no

the only vague tenuous similarity between them is that their albums often feel a bit bloated.

What about the nasal singers? or their mid-90s rise to fame and 1996 peak in popularity? Or their classic rock and shoegaze influenced wall of sound, heavily layered guitar tracks production style with dabblings in symphonic rock?
Or their fall from grace and replacement of all the original members bar Corgan/Gallaghers in the late 90s?

Does it upset you that Ameripoor is only relevant in it's own mind?

You're a grown adult who is still falling for the propaganda they teach you as children - doesn't that seem shameful to you?

Oasis

And their decision to make an incredibly bloated/long album.

Oasis

Any songs to check out that aren't on their first 2 or Masterplan comp? I had not heard Can Y'See It Now before, cheers

this one

youtu.be/sEkJuTUUSao?t=88

you have to copy paste it to get it right

Nice projection. Blur are shite. Deal with it.

Whatever happened to Suede anyway

But Montie, Oasis is shit. They have two good singles, and even then those are superbly mediocre.

Nah you're right. We're all waiting with baited breath on the two decades of Jihadist Trap that will soon be the majority of the EUs musical export.

WEW LAD

Oasis has 3 good albums you hack

>is a tripfag
>vies for attention
>calls me a hack

"WEW LAD"

Gorillaz.

WHat's the third

>What about the nasal singers?
>Or their classic rock and shoegaze influenced wall of sound, heavily layered guitar tracks production style with dabblings in symphonic rock
by which SP were better in every way than Oasis.
it's a matter of opinion really. I've always felt SP best work was more interesting and of more value (if you can say such a thing) than Oasis' best.

In retrospective, Blur was by far the better band: they released at least 4 worthwhile albums, all of which featured high quality, polished pop tunes that managed to be refreshing by incorporating different influences, constantly saturating the bands sound.

They also won the actual 'battle of the bands' at 95, because Morning Glory was just as simplistic and derivative as Definitely Maybe but without the latter's giant heart, while TGE was another decent Blur album. To be honest, Oasis was the better band up until they released their second album. Morning Glory is very basic, but it drips soul, it feels like the anthem to something big, even if that something never came...

Definitely Maybe**
Morning Glory doesn't drip shit

oasis was a live band anyway. at least until the 2000s

this. Holy shit though, Liam's voice was shot by 2000.

How do you go from this

youtube.com/watch?v=a1VLSi9wdFE

to THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=slrZF_SwlbE

Suede and Pulp win out over the lot of them for me, but Noel Gallagher is a gifted songwriter and Blur displayed a willingness to experiment with 13 and Think Tank that leads me to assess them as being fairly equal. Special mention goes to The Divine Comedy for being the best of the rest.
Want bad Britpop? Ocean Colour Scene and Elastica, they were fucking wank.

Dig Out Your Soul is pretty good.

Fuck man how to you go from this
youtube.com/watch?v=jmC3553Q3Fo
to this
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8 (at 53:00 mark)

In two fucking years?

>implying I give a fuck about either band
>implying your aren't resorting to typical BTFO Ameripoor damage control

What percentage of your worthless country is white again?

>that 2nd link
>Noel crying
wtf

true. I think they were just touring too often and usually Liam's voice recovered but came out a bit worse still.

G-Mex in 97 was one of their best shows even with Liam's raspy voice but by the end of the tour in 98 it was horrible, then back to decent in early 2000 however after that it never recovered

understandable since the band had gone to shit and he probably knew it was the end

Yeah GMEX was fucking great, but by 98 his voice was in shreds and he had to stop singing songs with higher notes in them. And yeah, it was pretty good again (but noticably deeper and gravellier) in 2000 for the first run of gigs, but by the time they played Wembley, it was fucking horrid. His voice never recovered after that.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=BPdRDYK6RLk

youtube.com/watch?v=6X9GFDVYIWw