Why does Cred Forums hate him? Is it the whole black pride thing that annoys you so much?

Why does Cred Forums hate him? Is it the whole black pride thing that annoys you so much?

He's too preachy

Liked Good Kid M.A.A.D City. Hated To Pimp A Butterfly. I to Kendrick For bangers not Black Pride anthems. GKMC was pretty much all bangers whereas TPAB only had Wesley's Theory and Alright

This is just one of those areas where Cred Forums goes too far in the other direction and ends up being overly critical to the point of being autistic. The general refusal on this board to even acknowledge the significance of Kendrick, even if they think it's undeserved and overrated, is a fucking riot, and one of the key reasons Cred Forums will never be taken seriously when it really should be.

Kendrick is good, but he's been becoming synonymous with the "I don't like rap but I like X" people and Cred Forums just cannot be associated with anyone like that.

What about King kunta?

Fuck you talking about all bangers? GKMC is mostly not "bangers" mostly story songs and depressing shit.

I just hate niggers

TPAB way overrated for the wrong reasons
GKMC undeniably good
Section.80 way underrated

I'm a huge Kendrick fan and I totally get the hate; the amount of love TPAB got for an album that isn't even fun to listen to is ridiculous.

But the music itself it excellent, all bangers regardless of what he was rapping about

Yeah, that too.

Yeah, on tracks like Sing About Me, Poetic Justice and The Art Of Peer Pressure there are feels to be had but Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe, Backseat Freestyle, Money Trees, Good Kid, Maad City, Swimming Pools, and Real could all be classified as "Bangers" and they take up most of the track listing.,

At least you're honest

This is the real reason. No one's going to deny Kendrick has bars, but any time a rapper goes conscious you end up with "real" hip-hop fans and backpackers fucking it up for everyone else.

Ok by banger I guess you mean good. When I think banger i think loud and hype and like two thirds of that album is pretty subdued.

Fuck off to Cred Forums fag

What lame parties do you guys go to where Kendrick qualifies as a banger? Gay clubs will put Bad Blood on and King Kunta was hot for a second with some DJs but you don't turn up to Kendrick.

Agreed

>using homophobic slurs against da ebil nazis

Loser

>Bitching about 'fag' on Cred Forums

I suck dick and come here to get away from white knights like you

I am gay so just fuck off m8. And he isn't evil just annoying so I encouraged him to head back to the containment board.

UM

fear of the black planet, Black Messiah, To Pimp A Butterfly is not enough. The wold needs more pro-black albums.

Consequentially Kendrick needs/will do more songs about this, this is necessary what most of "real hip hop" should be, black male empowerement.

I like the boasting of TBAP but i hate the "uh i'm a victim" part of it. In this sense i like more boasting like Kanye's megalomaniacly "I'm A God" and "H*A*M", JayZ's " Nigga who nigga what" and Drake's "Forever".

Initially i though that TPAB would be an homage boast type album, cause Kendricl was paying homage to old Dirty Bastard and Method Man, but it turned into an political musiqué.

Listened to TPaB again yesterday, it's a fucking masterpiece. I got bored of it after half a year and thought it grew old, but it didn't. It still sounds fresh as fuck. It will be a definite classic in the near future.
Also gkmc is a masterpiece as well and section 80 is very decent. Can't wait for his next full project. One more album like his last two and he will achieve legend status.

that album was hailed as the best in hip-hop for a long time here

I dislike rap and I dislike Kendrick.

Cred Forums is Cred Forums, you retards.

i agree that GKMC is superior to TPAB, but GKMC hardly has any bangers on it. it certainly has more than TPAB, but it's not back to back bangers. swimming pools, backseat freestyle, and maad city would be considered bangers, depending on how liberal we're getting with the definition of "banger" then maybe money trees and poetic justice too.

would also like to say that before TPAB, kendrick was nearly universally praised on Cred Forums. i've seen GKMC in the "sub Cred Forumscore" section on a few Cred Forumscore charts, and i still think it belongs there. a number of factors came together at the same time and these brought his reputation here down.

I really liked GKMC, but TPAB was just alright. His whole "WE WUZ KINGZ" approach is already really old.

This pretty much

>he unironically believes this
o i am laffin

but tpab is totally about how evil white people are, I swear!

To Pimp a Butterfly is a perfect album.

>I want nigger to make songs for muh lit parties and not about self love and issues in society that actually matter
kys

thanks fantano

>Backseat Freestyle
>Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
>Swimming Pools
>Compton
>The Recipe

I don't like his voice tb h

>implying there isnt feel good music

>>The Recipe

I dont hate him I honestly think that GKMC is a masterpiece the problem is that just like so many other artists nowadays when they sky rocket to popularity they tend to become full of themselves and start to think about themselves as "artists" which pretty much translates to poseurism. GKMC was real and thats why it was si good where as TPAB was just him justyfying himself as an artist. This is the same case with Kanye's Yeezus and Ocean's Blond but unlike the other two Kanye nailed it

agree completely

I think Kendrick nailed it too; sure he spent his time on TPAB justifying his artistry, but he still succeeded: TPAB showed that Kendrick's able to come up with a great and cohesive metanarrative about the pitfalls of fame, hypocrisy, lack of empathy, and poserism, and the stages of a journey of self-discovery involving moving forward as a person while adhering to his roots, demonstrated in both his lyrics on some of the songs and the production style. Even if the album is more Kendrick trying to tell a story and exploring political and social issues rather than focusing on himself, I felt that there were some songs that felt very personal and about Kendrick, like u, i, Momma, and some bits of Mortal Man, along with the overarching poem. I think of it as Kendrick still exploring reality, but a more general, country/race-wide one, rather than just his own.