Why does it seem that most emo bands are only capable of releasing one good album? Honestly...

Why does it seem that most emo bands are only capable of releasing one good album? Honestly, Sunny Day Real Estate is the only emo band I can name of the top of my head that has released more than one album that I like.

Mineral

because you emo's cry about every tiny change

Most emo groups arent made up of career musicians theyre people with real jobs and lives. Ussually these smaller bands will break up when just one member has to go off to school/move or whatever.

Because they grow up, professionalism and adulthood really destroys the feelings and mindset of an emo group, they lose their "magic" and pass their angst phase

Cred Forums never actually really liked this album anyway, they're just hyped that there's a new album coming out.

Cred Forums always liked this album. I've only started seeing hate pop up because of the new album coming out.

this

I'd think that too if Iistened 3 emo albums and tried to judge the entire subgenre.

Still, at this current date, American football has released one album so far, why the fuck is that cover in your post.

Brand New and TWIABP

You're kinda right, since those two are not a "just one good album band" because they don't have a single good album.

This band is definitely the biggest offender.

IDK if this counts but Jank's two records are god-tier

AJJ has several good albums

Nouns
Brave little abacus (entire discography)

because the best emo bands break up after one album

probably why adam left lol

Kek

>"wow what a cuk ecksdee"

kys senpai

both are solid counter-examples to OP's claim

also, Algernon Cadwallader has not released a single bad song

Brand New.

/thread

Jimmy Eat World had a good streak going from Static to Futures

>Jimmy Eat World
>emo

Static Prevails and Clarity can certainly be classified as emo. Everything after definitely isn't.

Futures totally is Emo, and Bleed American is more power pop

Emo is an inherently mediocre genre at best, and total shit at worst. Even pic related is bland and overly repetitive.

This has been huge here forever. People only started hating it because there's a new album coming out.

DCfC

wow this thread is filled with shit bands
I'm linking this thread to the emoe discord so they can laugh at you people.

shut up Mark

Not emo and not good

u must b a tru patrcin

the promise ring have 2 really good albums

actually 3 but Wood/Water isnt really emo, but w/e

Not trying to be patrician, but if the style is very restrained to moping about girls in soprano and guitar noodling, it's probably crap.

yes

You're right about TBLA since they have a perfect discog.
But Nouns have only 3 good songs on the dog album and the other one is pretty bad.

hahaha

Hotelier
Modern Baseball
TWIABP

Nah mate, Belongs to the Dead and Charmer are real good. Not as good as S/T, but still solid

When is somebody going to post an emo record
Sad indie rock isn't emo
On The Might Of Princes has two great albums btw OP

every drive like jehu album is god tier

Sports AND You're Gonna Miss It All were great.

not emo

nor emo

this one too

I think they were influential on the emo genre, as well as screamo to an extent.

not really

Not the same guy but you're a faggot

care to elaborate?

because emo is a shit term for what are essentially indie rock bands

the whole scene is deplorable and just awful
the bands that strive for that "emo" label are the complete worst
same goes to math rock

what youre thinking of is midwest emo it is different

Mentally deficient.

Can confirm, I really fucking hate going to any shows in this genre as their fans are deplorable.

Also, Tiny Moving Parts peaked with Couch, everything else is meh.

nah, midwestern emo is merely a byproduct of what i'm talking about

it sucks that the whole emo revival whit is being "forefronted" by american football's influence because american football is just a good indie rock band

idk i don't even like that band. It all sounds the same to me. Same goes to anything on triple crown records.

im not sure you know what youre talking about

whatever i'm drunk and i hate "my local scene"

I want pizza now

The Front Bottoms' self titled and "Talon of the Hawk" were both really good. Also, Jimmy Eat World's Static Prevails and Clarity were both awesome. They kind of went downhill after that, admittedly, though. Every subsequent album had a smaller and smaller number of good tracks.

new tiny moving parts record is real good though, i'd say better than couch (which was a step down from Moving To Antarctica) imo

indie rock is not a genre though, it's a horrible label and lumps the sound of all kinds of different bands like DIY punk groups and post-hardcore bands into one shitty term that is filled with major label signees that contradict the term

and american football are definitely emo as are cap'n jazz and owen, mike kinsella has probably agreed with that label for the former two at least longer than you've been listening to music

I wish someone told me sooner that this album is clearly a masterpiece.

HellooOoOo~
We're called American Football.

Moose Blood

we are metallica

underrated