Rei Ayanami is so beautiful and amazing, Cred Forums

Rei Ayanami is so beautiful and amazing, Cred Forums.

What music do you think she listens to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V5FmFaK7pMU
youtube.com/watch?v=g-CFbhCZdw4
youtube.com/watch?v=fTlw3T44ynk
millennialdreamcorp.bandcamp.com/album/drake-josh-josh-drake
youtube.com/watch?v=8OgsVwLdW8I&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God I love her.

Do you think she likes post-punk and new wave?

pen pen is better you fucking pleb

Ambient Glitch, like Alva Noto's Xerrox's Series

I've never watched NGE before.

Should I? Is it worth it?

whatever weebs listen to

Eleh

nothing else

come to /lat/

>Having any waifu from NGE that isn't Misato

Neck yourself pedophile.

no

Why would rei listen to music. This thread stinks

link me to them
too lazy to look for it

she's shit-tier
the only non-shit one is Rei, and that's not a big accomplishment to be honest

only as a prerequisite to watch the end of evangelion (movie)

CONGRATULATIONS

Kaworu though

rei a shit

delete this

now, objectively speaking, Rei might be the best character of Evangelion, followed by Shinji. Everybody else is irrelevant.

/lat/ is boring now

hmmm
no

not its really shit but it has one really good movie

are you willing to watch 13 hours of shite for 1 hour 46 of something good?

Word

Text

>seriously not liking Kaworu
Disgusting

only what she is ordered to listen to

>being a homofag
fgt me fgt

Jazzy music, classical, some electronic music (the not-so-dancey genres).

I think I'd go insane doing that.

>not being a homofag
Get with the times bitch

None of the characters were likeable
>muh likeability

I know, I know, but I really didn't care what happened to anyone on that show I mean I can see why people like it but it's definitely overrated desu

>faggot me faggot

what did he mean by this?

I think Shinji is at the very least relatable

Whatever it was that it played when she was onscreen

It's really overrated.

And weebs will throw a fit if you tell them that, but the only reason they love NGE so much is because it has a crazy story behind how it was made that they think adds to the depth of the actual show.

Anyone who has seen a few actual good TV shows and/or films knows that NGE is just pseudo-intellectual trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=V5FmFaK7pMU

Somewhat, but the whole show is
>I don't want to fight
>I'm not gonna fight
>They're making me fight
>I'm depressed/mad that they made me fight
>Repeat
It's really tiring

The symbolism was thrown in there literally because it looked cool and nothing else. The show's message was very straightforward too. And this "pseudo-intellectual" thing is really annoying. Since when is TV an intellectual thing? I don't get what you're trying to say here. Cred Forums loves to meme about it but you're an idiot if you took that seriously. This board does the same thing, just in a different format.

Any real person would be afraid to fight though. I don't think Eva is perfect by any means but it's not just about the action

Yes it's not super slick but it's fucking awesome, people who think they're too cool for school love to dump on it though so of course most responses on fucking asshole central Cred Forums are going to be negative

>shits on Misato
>is a Reifag

nothing to see here, i bet you like fucking rebuild

>Good guy
I'm not the spergy type but that hurt

Rei doesn't listen to music, it's the point of her character to try and suppress expression or emotion because in doing so she'd become more human, making her repeated death and personal insignificance all the more painful. The only way she can continue to cope with living is to live as a doll for Gendo and the interests of SEELE, carrying out orders. Anything to make her feel would only bring unimaginable suffering, so she chooses to live in a nihilistic vacuum as much as possible

[spoiler]I guess I lied about not being the spergy type[/spoiler]

Hideaki was depressed af when he made Evangelion. I think the whole show is based on what he feels..

lmao well robin williams IS a weeb though

>you
>het

>he's a good guy

I guess if you hate Asuka they kinda are

Idk the action scenes are pretty central to the whole show. But feels forced in every episode like the action was only included because the Japanese audience needed to see a fight with a new monster every week. I'm sure it was cool as it was airing but it gets old quick when you marathon the whole series in a couple days

It's just a japanese cartoon though, maybe I'm thinking about it too much

That's a good point.

Ya I know he was depressed but it doesn't make his depiction of his own depression any less obnoxious.

It's funny desu talking and thinking about it more is actually making me like the show less and less lol

>mfw Asuka throws yet another tantrum

that's alright

But she is Japanese, not a weeaboo, learn the difference.

Whatever pleb music is on the radio.

As a person that actually likes anime and manga, let me assure you that Evangelion is shit. The only people that like it are those that have basically watched no anime at all. It's pretty much just a ripoff of Zambot 3 and is a "deconstruction" based on uninformed opinions such as "mecha anime is all about kids winning fights with no effort and being super happy," even though Mazinger Z disproves this thoroughly and is the progenitor of all piloted super robot anime. It also involves the "mecha pilots are all normal guys that never look sad or soldiers that are perfectly balanced mentally" which again, is a bunch of bullshit, in the case of the former, as Amuro Ray already shit on that concept back in the first Gundam from the 70s and the latter was already covered in Getter Robo by the protagonists being insane in most versions of that story. Eva has literally done nothing new in any way and is only enjoyed by people that think they know shit about anime, but really understand nothing about it.

goodish for the time

>Mazinger Z
omg is that the one where that one robot has like missiles coming out of her tits?? thats fuckin gold, I loved it when I was a kid it was always on t.v.
along with Voltes V

honestly dude no one beyond the age of 13 cares about your fucking robot cartoons, give it a rest

Were you born in the Philippines or Italy? And yes, Aphrodite is from Mazinger.
What 13 year olds know about robot cartoons from the 1970s? Even most of the fans of Evangelion aren't underage anymore since the show is like 20 years old.

I like Eva. I don't care about your fucking weebshit and I don't care that Eva is a "deconstruction" of it

idk, does every element of a story and its presentation have to be original and groundbreaking to be enjoyable? nah.

Misato god tier.
Getting movie blu ray to watch her on the big screen.

man, who doesn't know Optimus Prime?

>eva
>not weebshit

>mfw my dad is nowhere to be seen and my mom attempts a murder suicide

I'd be a little bit peeved too desu :)

PH

the nostalgia is real ..
youtube.com/watch?v=g-CFbhCZdw4

Yep, there's the eva fan. Actually dislikes anime, but somehow thinks this one shitty example is better than the rest for arbitrary reasons.

Yet Rei never had any parents to begin with, but I don't see her complaining, even though she's also a total wreck inside. Once Shinji got a better sync rate than Asuka, she slowly started to lose her shit until she couldn't even pilot her Eva anymore. She's that weak. Oh, and Shinji lost her mother too, and his father is a piece of shit to him too.

>6XiRgru.png
redid

real weeaboos actually hate it, as seen here Or maybe that's just /m.

Fair enough and also true, but let's not pretend that most people don't believe that Eva is a 100% original story.
leddit likes anime?

apparently

Since this thread has attracted a lot of weebs, anyone know any good slice of life/romance anime? I'm tired of watching depressing shit and I need something to balance it out.

Junjou Romantica

Its the best TV series ever made, with the exception of Classic Era Simpsons, Pat Buchanan Era McLaughlin Group, and Mustache Era Jeopardy

kare kano

>random gay anime is better than Star Trek TNG or OZ
Come on, dude, I like it, but let's be serious

>person that likes anime
>writes a paragraph about how shit one anime is

>calls it random gay anime
>I like it
Well what is it

>evangelion
>random

eva is art fag get rekt

>random communist inspired sci-fi is better than Pat Buchannan and Mort Zuckerman yelling at each other about NAFTA

not romance but very comfy same w/ the soundtrack

>Aria: The Natural

"b-but without my deep knowledge of action cartoons made for 12 year olds how can you judge anything at all?.."

Toradora. The dub is very good if you can get past the minor roles and one teenage girl that sounds like a 40 year old lesbian for some reason

Watch Honey and Clover

you forgot the reddit arrow

I'm not allowed to like gay things?
Let's not inflate the importance of a series most people haven't even seen. I also like Yugioh, but I'm not going to deny that its shit from a storytelling perspective.
A lot more people know about and respect TNG than Eva

yuyushiki

d
p
d

Thanks anons, gonna watch these and see If I'm being memed

did you really just try to compare eva to yugioh

BITCH ILL FUCK YOU UP NIGGA COME FIGHT ME

>guy has only listened to 3 albums
Hey, that Imagine Dragons band is pretty good. What? There are other bands? Like I give a shit about that gay dadrock faggotry.
>guy has only eaten McDonalds his entire life
Hey, this big mac is awesome. What? There are other foods. Like I care about your stupid French shit.
>guy has only read young adult fiction
Hey, this Harry Potter guy is pretty cool. What? Who the fuck is Ulysses?

Of course I'm going to take the opinions of people that have seen like one or two examples of a medium less seriously than those that have seen more. Not even saying you have to like them, but being informed sure helps.

None of those shows have Eva's art design, or Anno's direction, or were animated by Gainax, or depict depression in the way Eva did. Eva is more than just "mechs + sad"

Why do people ITT try to pretend some anime are better than others? It's all the same shit overall. No idea why you think your retardation about guys in giant robots (completely unrealistic) fighting angels (nonexistent) is better than Pokemon or Yugioh shit

He's right, though. Do you really think my dad or your dad is going to know/care about the difference between DBZ and Now and Then, Here and There?

>Why do people on Cred Forums try to pretend some hobbies are better than others? It's all the same shit overall. No idea why you think your retardation about guys playing instruments (completely retarded) singing (nonimportant) is better than Vidoegames or Anime

pee pee into ur mouth

This is actually true. In the end, your hobby doesn't matter at all and whether you like Meme Grips or Memebob Squarepants is irrelevant when you're dead.

Seconding the guy that recommended Kare Kano.
Thats a very comfy shoujo show.

Unless you create something or share your hobby with people who enjoy them thus leaving a legacy either through your work or by inspiring people

Why do people try to pretend some life are better than others? It's all the same shit overall. No idea why you think your retardation about living life at all (completely retarded because you're going to die anyway) every life (doesn't matter) you're no better than any other human being.

rei - probably nothing
misato - 70's-80's new wave and post punk
asuka - i really cannot think of what asuka would like
toji - lindsey sterling
kensuke - autechre
shinji - swans and radiohead

>Cred Forumstants
>creating anything worthwhile
Also true. Obama and his African cousin Jomo are equally irrelevant, as 2000 years from now, nothing either of those niggas did will matter to people outside of historians.

asuka > misato > rei > POWER GAP > literal shit > kaworu > more shit (again literal) > ritsuko

historians are literally the most important people on earth you fucking moron. they can either make you immortal or erase you from existence.

typical fucking american.

>asuka - i really cannot think of what asuka would like
Wolfshiem

>shinji - swans and radiohead
You missed the one thats actually canon

Kek, you will not be immortal. You are dead and buried in the ground with no way of knowing of your legacy existing. You could have been the greatest man in all of human history, but if the liberals don't like what you did, then they'll pretend you didn't exist at all and no one will remember you. Of course, that's all entirely irrelevant since you won't be around to appreciate either outcome.

>Wolfshiem

Dangerously accurate

>muh mediums

You know I've seen TV shows and movies before and even read books? Like I'm familiar enough with the concept of fictional stories that I can judge one even if it's a Japanese cartoon and I haven't seen many of those specifically. I'm also disinclined to want to listen to you (and most anime fans because honestly they're the same) because you clearly care more about cultivating good taste as a signifier than actually appreciating art on it's own merits and are therefore incapable of actually recommending stuff in good faith and the idea that that's what you're trying to do is a joke. Why do you think Cred Forums has the reputation it does?

oh oh OOHHHHH SORRY BRO

i really didn't know i was dealing with a fucking facebook mempage-tier NIHILIST teenager

my bad nigga

Shouldn't you be shortening your lifespan with cigarettes and pretending to read a book so that people think you're an intellectual somewhere else

But yeah, revisionist history is poison

Grindcore, powerviolence, hardcore punk, harsh noise

XTC was the obvious answer i'm trying to spice it up here user
there's some official artwork of shinji with a guitar case, and on the case are stickers for some record companies. i remember one was for the one DJ shadow released endtroducing on, so that too.

Can you name a few animes better than NGE that came out after 2000?

sword art online

But after you die literally nothing matters. Nothing. What you did, what you were or how embarrased you felt that time when you were 14. Whether being remember or not matters to you is something entirely different. Personally I think it doesn't make sense to care about that. You won't even exist so what?

>Tfw all human history is fake
>Tfw the true history is mythology

It's one of my favorite shows i've ever seen. Cozy, vulnerable, imperfect. Get's pretty postmodern towards the end. End of Evangelion is amazing. I'd certainly watch it. its 26 episodes of 25 minute shows, not that much of an investment.

kek

see the end goal of your life should be transcendence, if you really don't think anything matters or won't after you die, you should really kill yourself right fucking now

underrated post

>animes

>hating liberals
>nihilist
I bet you also believe in racial pride or some retarded shit based on what your grandpa did you had nothing to do with and wasn't actually an accomplishment of your own
Sounds like someone played too many video games.

Stop posting pictures of my girlfriend on the internet, anons.

shut the fuck up gendo

Kaiji. It's the tale of a failure neet that does crazy gambles with his life to get out of debt.

Fullmetal Alchemist - It's the tale of a guy trying to use alchemy to solve his problems and find the philosopher's stone to save his brother's life.

Gurren Lagann - Yes, really, it's funny as fuck, and doesn't have its head as far up its ass as Eva.

Wow you sure got me with your nihilist meme. It's not about nihilism, it's a fact of life that you die and you don't exist anymore. You won't feel or perceive anything anymore. You will return to the ground and become flowers, trees and little worms in due time.

>the end goal of your life should be transcendence
You know, if anyone is posting facebook-tier shit, it's you.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>it's an eva on Cred Forums thread
well no better time to dump these

>Asuka appears with Kaji
>Mana appears with every guy because she's a little non-canonical slut
>Rei appears with ???

I know you're obviously kidding but as someone who doesn't watch much anime, a friend recommended it as something he really loved. I couldn't make it past mid-way through episode 2 because of how horribly written and directed/acted it was, and it turned me off from anime entirely for a while because I assumed it was all like that. Thankfully I saw most people ended up realizing it's indeed shit.

It's not shitposting. Being better than Eva isn't exactly hard. It's like someone recommending Steven Universe over Johnny Test. Sure, they're both shit, but one is less so.

It's not even funny as ironic shitposting
Go ahead and an hero then, christ
Most of the best stuff was in the 90's, the work of Satoshi Kon was strongest then, but post 2000, Millennium Actress was excellent.
Other than that, Studio Ghibli films are very high quality, Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade rode the line in November of '99. Other than that the Industry has just trended towards selling more merchandise and getting risk averse, all the experimental stuff doesn't bring in revenue so it's rarely funded
This is either extreme bait or very misplaced

who even mentioned liberals? check your autism bro

I mentioned liberals in the post before that and I'm sure it's going to trigger someone that doesn't know how history books work.

>you clearly care more about cultivating good taste as a signifier than actually appreciating art on it's own merits
Welcome to Cred Forums, kiddo

>anime
>nihilism
>liberals
Jesus what the fuck is this thread?

I don't know if you're fucking with me or not. I watched and enjoyed all of those shows, but I still think NGE is better and it remains more memorable for me. For example, Gurren Lagann is fun and looks nicer, but is not written nearly as well.

My fucking sides

Welcome to Cred Forums

>art on it's own merits
Eva is far from art and is full of problems in its own rights. Its derivative nature is just the piss icing on the shit cake. If it were actually entertaining, I wouldn't care nearly as much. For example, I like Oz, a VERY inconsistent show, due to the presentation being good and it having good characters. Eva can't even manage to do that correctly.

>You made me doubt, you made me fear
>But now I 'm not the same
>You took my wife, my unborn son...
>Torn into the deep of the ocean
>I don 't pretend that I love you
>'Cause there is nothing left to loose

Art in a contemporary sense is 100% interpretation.

Art circles are masturbatory and are largely friends helping friends to inflate the value of poorly done work.

It's been a racket for a while.

Eva could be art, it was a creative effort, it reached a wide audience and through the use of visuals stirred emotion in the viewer and took them through a narrative full of relatable human suffering.

If your argument is that something derivative can't be art than you better start learning greek and latin because everything you read and watch and listen to is derivative of ancient cultures you schmuck

are you having fun?

yes, we like to have a good time here on Cred Forums

Funnier ythan I thought they would be

cool

but why the fuck isn't asuka the one talking about soundcloud music

This, I think it's backwards. Still funny.

i don't know famalam i didn't make them

Rei probably listens to Lester Young and McCoy Tyner. Good to see good taste on Cred Forums for a change.

Who said that I think that art has to be original? I don't even think of shows I like, e.g., the aforementioned Oz or Mazinger aa "art" as it's a meaningless buzzword, as me smearing my shit on a wall is art to someone. Keep in mind someone payed money for a Cred Forums post that declared itself art. Honestly, you just sound upset that I don't like your favorite one shitty anime and are pulling nonsense out of your ass to defend your terrible opinions. I mean, here, you're basically saying
>y-you hurt my feelings so I'm not going to acknowledge your superior taste! Why are you making fun of my shitty anime you w-weeaboo!

Like you were really going to listen to anything I said if I phrased it in a nice way, as people like you don't learn and don't want to learn. And you know what? That's actually fine. But don't get pissy just because someone didn't fall for the hivemind.

>loud yelling over the internet about facebook
and you call him an American

last one

agreed

you guys want the drake and josh Cred Forums thing? it's funny, i have the first two parts.

Jesus Christ, we broke Montie
Post the Drake & Josh thing it's been a while since I've seen it

Series is pretty good.
End of Evangelion is god-tier.
This desu senpai

dumping about to commence

recommend watching this beforehand
youtube.com/watch?v=fTlw3T44ynk
and listening to the drake and josh themed vaporwave album Cred Forums made while reading
millennialdreamcorp.bandcamp.com/album/drake-josh-josh-drake

that was the wrong one hang on

momrock

She's just a fucking shell of a human being.

Asuka >

She literally has no soul. I'm sorry.

Plain wrong on all of these. Kaiji is pretty badly directed desu.

I disagree but at lease these are respectable choices.

Oh god I'm dying

samefag

wtf I love autism now

end of part one
anyone interested in the second?

Yes. Yes. Yes. That was absolutely beautiful. Please continue this saga.

Holy shit i love memes now

And yes desu

go on i love seeing these

alright boys i'll dump part 2 after a short break

vaporwave

part two start

Ahh memes

if i remember right part two is a little longer than part one

nevermind a little this is actually like 60 slides, the first is only like 20 or 30

"it's always meme time" should be our Cred Forums cup motto

rofl

this thread is fucking cancer and i wish for it to die

please post qt reis

fuck off megan

fuck off megan

neck yourself you stupid weaboo

who's megan

>whining about weaboos
>on a site whos first board was literally an anime board
Nice one lad

what a fuckn thread
Asuka best gril

>2d women
disgusting. Real men like 4 dimensional women.

>all of these buttblasted meme weeaboo replies
And now we see what happens when a real autist draws his blade, 10/10 bait, you are a true hero.

Cancer

4DPD, Rei is a god and is effectively a 5D being. She is clearly shown in the first episode and EOE as being able to transcend the barriers of spacetime

all me btw

>4d
>not 5d

>5d
Fucking pleb. Everybody knows 6 dimensional girls are is best, but you're probably too much of an autist to get one

maybe you should go post your drivel on that board then? you seem to have forgotten that this is Cred Forums and not Cred Forums, fairly standard error given how fucking autistic the average weaboo is

reddit please

Oh please, this is an anime site through and through, matter what you dislike.

we may hit the image limit at this pace boys

go back to your fucking containment board /m/ no one cares

Nice meme

kay

Ready for that banalan, famalam?

Better start going back to /r/eddit because that's where you belong

ty

Is it possible to appreciate an underage character's cuteness without it being misconstrued as sexual

wew lad

>kay
You're such a fucking faggot. Get on my level pleb. I have an 7th dimensional gf. You can't even get a 1 dimensional one.

good shit user keep going

lel

Fuck I already replied to you but I remembered I had pic related

>not getting a 0 dimension gf
0 is justice

i will but unless gook moot raised the image cap from 150 we're gonna hit that

>0 dimensional
How much of a fucking beta are you? Get a 8th dimensional gf you socially inept queer

if you can, continue in a different thread, i love this

>898989
memes confirmed for not cool in public

and literally none of those sites operate in the same fashion as Cred Forums

why are weaboos so pathetic? is it really too much to ask for you to stop posting off topic garbage and shitting up the entire website with your shit taste? my god, I don't go on /ck/ to post fucking death grips related pictures and posts because unlike you I realize how autistic and pointless that would be. we already purged the majority of /mlp/ from the rest of the site, weaboos shitpost just as much as they did and deserve similar treatment but I'm sure you haven't been on here long enough to remember what that used to be like

>implying bans mean shit

i'll unplug my router for 10 minutes and be right back at it

either way I'm not losing anything by not being a pathetic loser like you dumb NEETs

i have em all saved user your art will live on

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
gb2 cripplechan, cucklord

yeah i think i'll just start a new one to finish the dump, give me a minute

it's not mine, i just repost it a lot

these are old af dude..

oh, it's a horseposter
back to /qa/ tard

>not shitposting other boards memes

i'll start dumping in the new thread in a minute

14 year olds listen to kidz bop and shit you dumb fuckers

I don't agree nor disagree entirely with you, however you should remember that you entered a thread about an anime character and you shouldn't be surprised that that's exactly what's being posted.

Yes, this is the music board. Here's what you should have done: report the thread and hide it. Not much else you can do about it. Complain in the thread? You are only going to incite people to post more. Nobody is going to change their opinion on the matter at all. At most you can make people get somewhat riled up. I mean, it's the internet and nobody really gives a shit.

I genuinely have romantic feelings for Rei. I get butterflies when I see her...

I fucking love music man. Rei is my favorite NGE character.

same and same
high five

Misato best girl

Robin>>>

Same

>tfw no rei gf
I am 100% convinced she is the most beautiful and amazing girl in the universe. She is so loving and caring and kind and gorgeous and fuck I love her.

Sometimes I feel sick to my stomach because of how much I love her, and get a weird nagging feeling in my chest. Seeing pictures of her pushes me over the edge; I feel dizzy with lovesickness.

Nobody understands just how much I love her. She's so amazing. I'd give anything to be with her.

Honestly, Rei is the reason I get up in the morning. She gives me hope. She gives me purpose. She gives me positivity. Rei is so beautiful in every way, inside and out. Few people are switched on enough to recognise this. Rei is a miracle of the universe!

Best NGE girl, best key girl, and best girl to ever girl. I love you so much Rei.

Rei is murdered by Sakura and Asuka is raped by her brother. At the end Shinji rises above it all, kills the big bad boss (his resurrected grandfather), and marries Rei. You're welcome.

>/m/ character
youtube.com/watch?v=8OgsVwLdW8I&feature=youtu.be

Probably O Wave.