Grime

Why does the British media act like grime music is some kind of incredible gritty underground rebellious youth political revolution subculture - while praising it and giving it prestigious awards like the Mercury Prize - when in reality it's an extremely basic watered down version of hip-hop which is absolutely terrible 99% of the time?

Not to mention one of its biggest stars is arguably the biggest industry plant of all time and is only famous because he's being shilled like crazy by a German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures sports shoes, clothing and accessories.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2016/aug/19/novelist-review-xoyo-london-grime
youtube.com/watch?v=4bwrO23csTs
youtube.com/watch?v=5mOIXdC4rgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Example:

theguardian.com/music/2016/aug/19/novelist-review-xoyo-london-grime

>the 19-year-old Lewisham MC Novelist is trying to change that by leading 800 Generation Z-ers in a riotous summary of the Brexit vote. Their chant consists of three magic words: “FUCK! DAVID! CAMERON!”
>Novelist has been trying to marry his rhyme schemes with politics by sampling cabinet members’ speeches and making frenetic beats with titles such as David Cameron Riddim, as well as publicly joining the Labour party and tweeting Jeremy Corbyn with the message that “the mandem need you”)
>The set has overrun and there won’t be any more songs. The crowd begins to boo, until Novelist gives them a message: “Fuck the Tory government, yeah?” The boos turn to rapturous cheers.

bruv if you deny that Skepta, JME, Bugzy Malone, Chip, Yungen etc are sick then you have a completely different taste than me

also Stormzy is wet, nobody rates him

Grime is fucking shit

Grime is literally brits trying to do trap rap/death grips

even though grime has existed long before both trap and DG?

I WANT A SKENG THAT'S LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

>long before
cmon, lad. it was only last decade

youtube.com/watch?v=4bwrO23csTs

if it wasn't for MCs, grime would be the best new(ish) electronic genre out there

uh no?

Because it's the only thing musically that the UK has accomplished in a long time

Jesus christ what have you done. Underage grimefag snowflakes will inevitably get angry at the truth and bring in the (you)s

I genuinely believe grimes is for people that think they are "above" top 40, so they go to another artist made specifically for people like them- mainstream, certainly has ease of access and popular appeal, but simply pretends/uses an image implying otherwise so they feel special and unique about themselves.

>what is dubstep
>what is garage
>what is jungle and drum and bass
>what is hardcore

>he starts off his defense of british music with dubstep

What's wrong with dubstep then?

Dubstep =/= shit like Skrillex

->

I'm serious. Can you provide me with an actual answer or are you just an ignorant american who doesn't know what dubstep actually is?

yes, Grimes fucking sucks

Get educated cunt. This is dubstep:
youtube.com/watch?v=5mOIXdC4rgA

grime predates death grips u spacker

Skepta sounds like an old man trying to imitate rap to insult it.

"Yo yo yo I rhyme so sick and I gotta big dick.
Hippity hop, bibbity bobbity boo,
I sag my pants and I'm gonna shoot you"

No that's dub

Who are you quoting?

Your uncle

who else remembers when boy better know launched their own pay as you go mobile network

>muh dance music
When will this meme die

What meme exactly?

dance music

How is that a meme?

How is it not?

I mean is the meme supposed be the term dance music itself or that people like dance music or what?

top quality discussion like this is what i come to Cred Forums for

it's dubstep you silly cunt

Akala is pretty good.

lol dubstep and hardcore, great argument "bruv"

it's dub with bass oscillation over it, just like jungle is sped up dub. brits don't make interesting music "lad"

That's not dubstep faggot

All england does is rip off American musical inventions like hip-hop, EDM, rock or Jamaican reggae and shit.

konnichiwa was better than blackstar desu

when they rip off rock they do it better but the other stuff is pretty shit

Nah British rock is crap

mfw the brits were butthurt because Drake was "copying" their jamaican shtick