My favorite band ever is Sex Pistols. Am I fucked, Cred Forums?

My favorite band ever is Sex Pistols. Am I fucked, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u6dAjXi9PlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, the Sex Pistols are a great band. One of the best of all time tbqh

>are
They broke up years ago

if only your favorite band was PiL. we could have been best friends OP.

so close yet so far

They were popular for being shit

I totally second this statement. What the hell is up with Cred Forums today?

They were innovatively horrible.
Take that as you will.

Sex Pistols weren't a band, they were fashion models.

I like how John Lydon has kept on shitting on glorifications by musicians and media people of Sid Vicious, and at the same time "selling out" and doing a butter commerical.

great guy, love watching his shit on youtube

>today

>inb4 "real punk fans" come in and tell us all about how the Sex Pistols were commercial posers even though they themselves are posers who only care about how "punk" something can make them look without considering their (great) music

I think any dedicated punk dismissing the SP as just posers would be missing the point.

Sex Pistols are irredeemable garbage

Exactly. The Pistols shook up a stagnant music industry, scared the shit out of the Queen and influenced just about every band from Hanoi Rocks to Lush. If you can't appreciate that then I dunno' what.

>She was a girl from Birmingham

PiL are great too.

The fact that people like you still get triggered over the Sex Pistols prove they were good

their music isn't great and that's the reason "real punks" shit on them you ass

as I have said every time some autist makes the "lol '''real punks''' are the actual posers!" argument, their music literally just is not punk. Not on some hamfisted childish ideological level, but musically it is not punk. It's just fucking bad.

I'm not "triggered", their music is just limp-wristed boring garbage. It's bad, and not "so bad it's good" or "raw" or anything like that; it simply holds no listening value.

punk is my favorite genre; Sex Pistols musically were not punk and weren't good at what they did.

What?

Sounds like you're biased against them because they're popular, any rock and roll fan should recognize that the Sex Pistols made god-tier rock.

What punk bands do you like?

>Sex Pistols musically were not punk and weren't good at what they did.
Wow. Congratulations. That is without a doubt the stupidest statement I have ever seen posted on Cred Forums. And I've been here awhile.

>What the hell is up with Cred Forums today?
>people are posting opinions I don't like ugh

No. People agree with me, you moron.

No actually, it doesn't

>people like you

people on Cred Forums? lol what

american punk>bongistan punk

my guy it's just mid-tempo pop rock with no energy and half-assed hooks

see above

are minutemen better than sex pistols?

>Sex Pistols
>no energy
dude they were catchy they must have been bad

Yes. However the clash are better than both.

I'm genuinely curious what punk bands are your favorites

they weren't catchy, read my post retard

catchy things are good; sex postols are not catchy and failed to make up for it with energy

kek

>just mid-tempo pop rock with no energy and half-assed hooks
Yup all the British grannies in '77 were listening to Anarchy in the UK and God Save the Queen. You continue to post emmy award winning comments for stupidity. To say the Sex Pistols lacked energy!!? Come on.

Sorry
*better than both combined.

youtu.be/u6dAjXi9PlQ

So according to this thread musically this is not punk, it's soft pop rock, lacks energy and they were'nt good at what they were doing.

What punk bands do you like?

pls tell me

My favorite Dad Rock band of all time. (Although with each passing day they will soon become a granddad rock band)

Are you English?

I'm mot gonna list off a bunch of bands just have some jackass highschooler dosmiss them because they don't have 30 years of rock journalism telling them to like said bands, but if it will sate you, I've been digging Warthog and associated NYC bands lately

yikes

Did you get dubs?

You're okay. Public Image Limited is better though

If you don't think the Sex Pistols classify as punk you have a shaky definition of what punk is

Listening to them

Wow they are truly bad

nice taste

punk isn't about sound. it's about ethos

nar youre cool man

>You say the sex pistols have no listening value but listen to warthog
Imagine being this stupid