turn on CNN.

NO HE DID NOT!!!!!!!

dont u mean MURDERED? ?? ? ? ? ?? ? ?

John Balance

"Killed themselves"

Me in a second

Elliott Smith was killed by his Girlfriend most likely after an argument.

It's not a meme.

You know, I am suspicious. He reportedly stabbed himself in the chest two solid times. If I ever tried that, I wouldn't even get past the first. Idk maybe I'm just a pussy. Either way, he was very good. I like a lot of his stuff.

it is

I was suicidal once, I mean really suicidal like if I had a gun I would've had no hesitation to pull the trigger. Anyways, one night I was watching a movie (it was Halloween, the worst fucking movie to watch) I got up to headed to the kitchen to stab myself to death. Luckily I had to pass my mom's room which I opened and saw that she was awake. Told her my attentions and helped me. What I'm saying is, some people are fucked up enough to actually stab themselves. Don't do drugs.

Yeah...Of all the ways to go. Stabbing yourself in the heart twice would be painful as fuck. Though, if you've ever been in a really heated argument, things can get out of hand. So it's not totally unbelievable, just really fucked up that sweet, soft spoken Elliott would kill himself so gruesomely. And over an argument.

Yeah... no, thats why he was stabbed to death.

Through his ribs, into his heart? I mean shit, samurai's used to commit seppuku but god dam senpai. It's still extremely savage.

I was planning on just stabbing myself in the neck and calling it a day, but honestly I didn't care what part of me I was getting stabbed in including the heart. I just wanted to end it. It's a really fucking weird experience, I can tell you that. I can empathize with Elliot and other who killed themselves.

I just cried a little

I think he was most deffinately killed, and it is still a mystory, its not like you can try to say otherwise. Chiba was the only one that found the suicide note, not even the police. It was written on a post-it which is something Chiba herself previously liked to use to write positive messages throughoutt her house at times, not Elliott. It is speculated that the actual note seemed too calmly written to be right before a vicious attack on his own self. Also the note seems addressed to people that are in the same room with him or looked like he was forced to write it, it is also speculated. The note was written with this: "I'm so sorry, love, Elliott. God forgive me"

he wouldn't have been able to stab himself twice in the heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=xWsIG5sNq1Q

I love how people think Cobain was murdered when he obviously committed suicide, and think Smith killed himself when he was obviously murdered. Maybe the story of the difference between the 90s and the 00s is in that comparison.

Guy from Lush

MURDERED

Writing that note, he also *mispelled his own name*.

Where I put '*mispelled his own name*', picture me as Chris Walken saying 'driver's licence [starts laughing] in the dead guy's hand'.

He stabbed himself in the chest twice, from a frontal position consistent with being stabbed by somone else, while in the apartment with his girlfriend, who he had just argued with, and after leaving a note in which he mispelled his own name.

It's one for the 'nobody wants to know' file. He was a nightmare to be friends with, keeping people up for hours with threats of suicide, and I think it's partly that he was expected to do it, and partly that it was just a relief knowing they wouldn't be having to keep monitoring his state any more. Nobody could say 'he didn't seem the type', nobody could prove what really happened, and nobody wanted Nick Broomfield to rock up. So they just let it go by.

>Implying

I was surprised by this as well at first, but I found that it was a misspelling by the police when they first reported what was on the note. But it could have been on the note for real, Im not sure.

...But there is not way he would misspell his own name, or he could have been in a hurry and was just overcome with emotion in the middle of writing it.

The name "Elliott" is misspelled as "Elliot" in the coroner's report; however, a coroner informed the Smoking Gun website "that Smith's first name was misspelled in the report", not on the Post-it note.

He definitely did stab himself in the chest, take the knife fully out of his chest while roaring in agony, and plunge it back in a second time, unheard by his girlfriend because she was in the shower, then. Open and shut case.

No hesitation wounds either.

WAIT!

Carpenter or Zombie?

The obviousness is comical, isn't it?

why did dave grohl do it, lads?

There's still a part of me that wishes he just ran off somewhere to live under a new name

Nah, that was a misspelling on the police's report. It was spelled correctly on the note. Even they said so and they've got no reason to lie about that. Also, if his girlfriend forged it I think she can spell her boyfriend's name.

underrated post

El Patuchas, from a spanish group called Pabellón Psiquiátrico

in 2005...

John )=

Jax Teller isn't a musician

ok, courtney

He didn't kill himself, he was just a severely mentally ill guy who had already attempted suicide the previous year that just left his car near a bridge known for suicides and was never seen again.

Seriously though, imagine if something like this happened in Current Year. The Cred Forums threads would be ridiculous.

His wife obviously killed him for cheating on her. Do these look like the eyes of someone that wants to die?

This is an interesting post. I assume you're being sarcastic. What do you think would happen on the threads, and is your first sentence a pisstake of the obsessively optimistic Manics fans who won't call it suicide?

Never seen again in this day in age equals dead. Unless he found one of those obscure native american/African tribes that are discreat and the governments even respect their privacy.

>No women posted

really makes you think

who? the one with red hair?

>and is your first sentence a pisstake of the obsessively optimistic Manics fans who won't call it suicide?
Yeah, and I'm a pretty big fan of Richey myself.
Seriously though, what else could have possibly happened?

I kinda like postulating retarded theories about what could have happened though. Like maybe M15 killed him and hid the body because they couldn't have someone Welsh looking intelligent in the public eye.

Same here, and I agree. The only thing that makes it an odd suicide is his withdrawing all that money.

>I think she can spell her boyfriend's name
i mostly go by a nickname and found out that a girl i was with for about 10 months didn´t know my real name after we broke up

>Unless he found one of those obscure native american/African tribes that are discreat and the governments even respect their privacy.

>tfw Richey is now almost 50 and writing great literature in some African language where it will never reach the Western world.

I was being sarcastic, and he left his passport behind so I doubt he could have left to country anyway.

According to Simon Price's book on the manics, he tended to withdraw and pay purely in cash because he didn't trust cards, and used half of that to buy a £1000 desk or something anyway. Which seems odd in itself as why would someone planning on killing himself do that, but then you have to remember he probably wasn't thinking straight. He was suffering from terrible insomnia at around this time too.

This is true, and it could have been some kind of aimless retail therapy, like iirc there was some phone call where he started enthusing to James in the early hours about some fitness infomercial he'd seen on television, so fuck knows.

yes

sure, courtney

he actually got murdered by some boys

they didn't find any illegal/non prescribed drugs in his system at the time of death lmao

also it's weird that his gf PULLED THE FUCKING MURDER WEAPON OUT OF HIM which she claimed later was just trying to save him or some shit. I'd say there's a pretty high chance she killed him.

Elliott Smith is the Natalie Wood of rock.

I don't mean by this to imply that he was raped by **** *******. Just the fishy death.

so fucking sad

Who's this?

Dimebag Darrle.

Mark Linkous from the band Sparklehorse

Thanks.

Really? I've listened to one of their albums but I never knew he killed himself.

Isn't it obvious? He wanted to be the frontman of a band

Bait or serious?

Fuck, he never had a girlfriend or lover, who killed him?

Most of the greats were more or less self inflicted deaths

yep. shot himself in the heart with a rifle in 2010

I'm still not fully over it, yet

It was a suicide. A real one.

Actually, I heard rumors that he may have had medically assisted suicide rather than continue to wither away in pain from the cancer. He probably wouldn't have had much more time anyways assuming he did do that.

I wondered if this was what the user meant.

gay af

Join me on the couch user

>actual suicide for once
>no one finds the body so its not recorded as such

Almost

That theory makes a lot of sense when you factor in the album release of Blackstar
I'm pretty sure it was an assisted suicide, it's too much of a coincidence that he died days after the release

Mark would never

FUCK YOU BABAK

GOD DAMN YOU HALF JAPANESE GIRLSS

what the fuck was that about

Fuck

kek'd

edge

why

People especially women don't just turn homicidal in the blink of an eye and then fail to show any remorse afterward

Anyone who says Elliott Smith/Kurt Cobain were murdered is a fucking retarded conspiracy tards and closet mysoginists. If you think either of them were murdered, make like your idols and get yourself killed by le evil womyn so the police can cover that up too.

They probably got both murdered.

Nick Drake

Nah he was doing alright up until the last week but cancer can hit you pretty fast. It could have been assisted but I doubt he would have lasted too long either way

i'll blow anyone who heard about this guy before

he was a gentle kind awkward robot tier and let women walk all over him , had severe depression mental stuff ect.

His music isnt perfect but its still one of my favorites

1) He didn't mispell his name.
2) Yes, he had an argument with his girlfriend. Could that be a motive in a murder? Sure. Could that be a motive in a suicide? Sure. This is what we call circumstantial evidence.
3) The conorer did NOT say that the stab wounds were consistent with homicide, the conorer said certain aspects of the injuries were atypical for suicide. This is what you retards have a very difficult time understanding. There is no implication here that it was not possible Elliott harmed himself. This is a procedural report by a coroner who needs to include these details in the event that investigators decide to press charges. The report in itself does not point to suicide or homicide. It could be used as evidence in a trial IF other strong evidence existed to link Chiba to Smith's death. The coroner herself has stated that she has no reason to believe that it was a homicide, not that you spent the time to read anything she's actually said judging by your repeating of the "mispelled suicide note!" falsehood.

Besides, how retarded are you to believe that his fucking girlfriend would mispell his name?

that one eyedeas guy. didnt he intentionally overdose on heroin

His reckless behavior definitely lead to his death

"gabriel Booyd is not homophobic.I cannot support Death in june anymore.I still talk to Boyd.He lets America reflect in himself.It IS complicated.He is the ultimate prankster.Social Dawinism is a dead end as far as I am conc3erned.I d o not like Dawin or his classification system.It is Victorian and wrong.Nature is a language.To qoute one of Morrrisssy/Smiths more profound lyrics.He probably stold it from somewhere else.ee.cumming at a guess.NEO nazism.Boyd winds people up.He is a really intelligent,fuuny and angry person.He hates it when people get rewarded for doing stupid things.So do I.He is a misthapropist.Doug is repeating learnt behavious again and agin. When I worked with him was a long time ago.I wish he would not be so hateful and stuck in the past.Then agin I have just repeated very stupid and dangerous behaviors agin.2 bottles of absinthe in a day.So I CAN SEE THE MODEL.ARE YOU GABRIEL the artist who writes to Simon Norriis.If you are your work is equal to Hans Belmer and I love it.Sory about typo's.I havn.t been to bed and its 11aqm.Due to more silly reactive behaviors.Sleazy and me split up 3 weeks ago.My new boyfriend is as crrul and boossy as me. Poor Sleazy.Im getting a taste of my own foul medecine.I have 20 years of apologies to atone for. HELP. John and Peter,"

give it a year

kek what

what a stupid idea for a photoshoot

>dude cigs lmao

Nice handwriting

before july? come blow me, then.

Haha I have never seen this picture, I didn't think I could love him even more

why, the guys totally alright

Where did you find it?

Lung cancer will get him

>implying anyone would read this mess

learn to format nigger

killing self with the fumes

Ripe In Penis :'(

carl crack

finally

Gays have way higher chance of suicide than normal people so yeah, that was expected.

furniture from back then was horribly bleak looking

I remember hearing an interview with the video director for Blackstar and Lazarus saying that during shoots for the videos Bowie was so sick that it didn't surprise him that Bowie died when he did.

The man did a very good job of hiding it from the public.

He did not kill himself, he traveled to Argentina and lived there until he died.

hope he is doing alright now

>until he died
>implying

Wasn't on purpose though

Fuck off Hitler.

>Hitler
>killed himself
Come on Cred Forums, we all know who REALLY did it

If only he'd had the foresight to kill himself so he'd look more like a tortured artist, less like a junkie

Did he?

From the way Jeff (?) was talking at the memorial concert from him, I think so. I can't remember what he said exactly, but he phrased it as something like "when Bill decided to leave us"

Just looked it up, Jeff said "when he decided to check out," that combined with the secrecy behind the cause of death makes me think it was a suicide.

It's the likely answer. His family asked for donations to be sent to this place

"Nuci's Space exists "to prevent suicide by providing obstacle free treatment for musicians suffering from depression and other such disorders, as well as to assist in the emotional, physical and professional well-being of musicians"

I learned only recently that he intentionally overdosed, possibly the result of not being as good with women as other members of Canned Heat. Shame, he was the best member of the band, and after his death they never put out another good album.

RIP Elliott.. A truly talented and beautiful artist. He will be missed.

Forever missed...

not yet but mark my words

How many Cred Forumscore artists have killed themselves in that last 10 years?

kek

3hunna

i've just gotten into these guys and all this richey stuff makes me really upset and anxious. there's no closure whatsoever on what happened, i mean we can assume it was a suicide and it may well have been but we'll never know and that makes me anxious. whatever did happen to him, it's a shame cause he seemed like a great guy

>i've just gotten into these guys and all this richey stuff makes me really upset and anxious. there's no closure whatsoever on what happened, i mean we can assume it was a suicide and it may well have been but we'll never know and that makes me anxious. whatever did happen to him, it's a shame cause he seemed like a great guy
I know what you mean. It always bothers me that he'll probably never have a tombstone or burial.

If you haven't, just wait until you read/see interviews with the rest of the band on him.
Until a few years ago, I swear Nicky Wire seemed like was practically about to cry every single time the topic came up.

Will he make it guys?

i've read lots of that stuff (i get really into stuff really easily, and right now i'm super into these guys) and it's honestly super heartbreaking. i can barely even bear to read some of the interviews cause it makes me so sad

Why the fuck do these posts keep getting dubs?
He's genuinely going to die isn't he?

Yeah, I'm kinda like that too, when I get into something I just devour all the information I can get my hands on about it.
One other thing that made me really sad about it was reading his unedited lyrics for JFPL. He seemed to be experimenting with different styles of writing, and it really gets to me that we'll never get to see what he could have done.

i think a lot about what his writing would be like if he was still around. like, how would he speak about current day issues? he had a lot to say about what was going on when he was alive, so i assume he'd have lots to say about the present day.

Took me a while to see the dick.
And didn;t he die from heroin?

yeah he was partying after a show and took too much

His twitter account, if he would have bothered, would have been interesting. Well, I can imagine him going down the shitpost route too, tbqh.
Probably get into a lot of trouble/generate drama for not being politically correct though.

good joke

I normally hate these types of theories, but this does sound sketchy as shit.
Wasn't there something odd about his suicide note too?

Initially it appeared as he had misspelled his own name, but it turned out to be just an error in the police report transcription

yeah, the assisted suicude theory sounds kind of questionable. I read an article recently that visconti said Bowie had called him a few months prior saying that he was going to release one last album, and that he thought he had more time than he did

>10800 ▶
>yeah, the assisted suicude theory sounds
*suicide

also found the article
http: //www.rollingstone.com/music/news/david-bowie-planned-post-blackstar-album-thought-he-had-few-more-months-20160113

Should all artists kill themselves?

I'm glad he survived, hope he's doing better.

They should kill themselves after doing their best work, and before become old twats

Stabbing yourself like that through the chest seems like a very odd way to commit suicide.

Did he self harm or have any prior attempts?

yes, he has a daughter

did he?

On wikipedia it says
"In 1998, after the success of Either/Or and "Miss Misery", Smith signed to a bigger record label, DreamWorks Records. Around the same time, Smith fell into depression, speaking openly of considering suicide,[31] and on at least one occasion[11] made a serious attempt at ending his own life.[36] While in North Carolina, he became severely intoxicated and ran off a cliff. He landed on a tree, which badly impaled him but broke his fall.[11] When questioned about his suicide attempt, he told an interviewer, "Yeah, I jumped off a cliff, but let's talk about something else."

Sounds more like he was just lived recklessly, he wouldn't have spent the whole day trying to recover stuff to pawn if he was just going to off himself. He was probably just drunk and disoriented from the diving

are there any decent sources on it?

He also apparently tried to overdose a few times, or took a little more heroin than he was used to on occasion hoping he would die.

In addition to what everyone else said, in his biography it says he was also known to self-mutilate with blades and he wore wrist bands to cover them up.

a lil of both, there were those rumors of assisted suicide

If your story was "I stabbed myself in the heart once, but I could see doing it a second time if I were more upset" it would then be relevant to this argument.