When is it acceptable to wear your favorite bands shirts?

When is it acceptable to wear your favorite bands shirts?

laundry day

I am the autistic 27yr old with a cattle decapitation shirt and long hair

When it's subtle and not just a square album cover slapped on the center of the shirt

Any day is a fine day to be wearing a Maiden shirt.

>acceptable
Why, what happens if you wear them at the wrong time?

Better question, when is it okay to let other people dictate what clothes you should be wearing?

At the same time that it's acceptable to wear a striped sweater.

you get arrested by the NOMACs and sentenced to music jail by Lord Nefaryus

Never

depends on the band and the design of the shirt

i'll wear something like pic related because it's not in your face and it's not a band that i think anyone will take offense to

i wont wear, though, my rush clockwork angels shirt because even though i love the band, i'll have middle aged men coming up to me and screaming YEAH REAL MUSIC NEAL PEART IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! YANKEES SUCK GO RED SOCKS!!!!!! and also its a shitty design--just the album cover on a black t shirt

if its fashionable and not gonna cause overt social interaction then do it

Who gives a fuck. Maybe you should listen to k-pop instead if you that insecure

Is all the time!

everybody knows youre a degenerate

i used to wear metallica and dream theater shirts all the time when i was 17 (along with star wars and pokemon shirts) then i realized how fucking stupid and cringey it is. i personally can't look at a guy with a band shirt and think "that's an adult"

the answer to your question is never unless you're a member of that band

The only thing you messed up on was the Pokemon shirts dude. Everything else was fine.

hey Cred Forums I think this shirt looks really fuckin cool, but would it be too cringey to wear in public?

(I would probably wear it anyway, but I'm curious what the average Cred Forumsposter thinks)

Implying that wearing dream theater shirts are acceptable

I honestly don't give a shit what someone wears, but if I ever see someone wearing a dream theater shirts, I automatically assume they browse /d/

Wearing your own band shirts is fucking stupid and tacky, you retard. The only times it would work if it's some time of uniform.

>the answer to your question is never
nah there are some nice looking band shirts, just not metal shirts, tacky brightly colored Cred Forumscore shirts with huge designs on em, or stuff that blantantly screams "look at me i'm so indie and cool but i bought this shirt at walmart" (dsotm and unknown pleasures especially, then some grateful dead shirts that are trendy for no reason). that's gonna be all that anyone who's asking for fashion advice on Cred Forums would consider wearing, so that's what your perception of band shirts is gonna boil down to

should of asked this on /fa/

Yeah, anything unknown pleasures or pink floyd - dark side of the moon is just so omnipresent and generic that I internally roll my eyes super hard whenever I see one of those shirts.

/Fa/ doesn't know anything about casual fashion. They're all pretentious asshole who are always trying to one up each about how unique their taste is. Kind of like Cred Forums

Sorry, but everybody on Cred Forums is 14 and still cares what other people think of their clothing choices

I wear my Metallica - Self-Titled album t-shirt almost every day

>pic related

There's this guy at my calculus class who wears a F# A# Infinity shirt almost every single day, I used to think he was "cool" because he liked an album that I like.

We had to do a group presentation together and he was the laziest and dumbest person I've ever had to do a presentation with on my 4 years of university, so I have to agree with you.

Oh, he also smelled like shit.

Who cares what other people think? I wear this and i don't care.

idk why you'd think anything else about a person like that, 90% of band shirts worn by the douchebags on this board are just shitty fake merch that they bought on amazon because they're too fucking lame to actually go to concerts.

>implying mom and pop record labels don't have great, authentic merch to buy from

Yeah, I wear black metal shirts anyway. I was just throwing a question out into the aether.

Hmm somehow I haven't stumbled upon Striborg before, so thanks for pointing them out to me. On a side note, I now know where the Portland band Nefaria got their band name.

that's what i'm saying though basically. your death grips shirt you bought on amazon is gonna look like shit, while there are tons of good relatively fashionable shirts you can order from local record labels.

i have a snowing shirt from square of opposition and a couple from tiny engines bands and they actually go well with normal outfits that don't make you look like an edgy douchebag.

i wear my sung tongs shirt often dont even care if i'm a walking meme

Kinda want one of these

Bought mine from the animal collective store.
The fabric is comfy, the design is printed great and i get many compliments on it.

No regrets.

You get approached by a pretentious pleb

Thats a Spinal Tap shirt, son.