Anyone else from Cred Forums watch this? I personally loved it... also general music movie thread

Anyone else from Cred Forums watch this? I personally loved it... also general music movie thread.

Because there is nothing music related in "music movies"? Or because youre a fucking idiot?

Real men prefer August Rush

Very cool movie. The whole recording studio in an isolated cabin thing was really cool plus Maggie gyllenhaal is oddly super attractive

It's an awful bastardisation of a minor genius's life so that Jon Ronson could go to America and gobble turds from Yankee gutters. 0/10 AVOID

Fucking autism

It's a damn good movie. The last "I love you all" song in the movie was chilling. I did a case study on this movie as it did a very good job of capturing various mental illnesses without specifically stating them.

Frank's girlfriend Clara is an amazing case of borderline personality disorder

wtf are you on about?

Its the "stabbing" thing that does it for me.

I like the guitar slapping bit and seeing Robin Williams as a rape-y music pimp

Last song did it for me too... just seeing MF outside the mask killed me at first because you sort of forget how sick he is. What was wrong with Don? Other than depression. I know the symptom was the whole mannequin thing, but do you happen to know the underlying disease?

Frank Sidebottom, the character created and played by Chris Sievey, was a work of genius. This is a worthless, beige patchwork of outsider artist anecdotes, set in America for no reason, which already destroys 95% of the point of making a film about Sidebottom, an intrinsically Northern English phenomenon.

Also, the music is crap compared to the real Sidebottom records/performances. Imagine a film called The Daniel Johnston Story where the events of his life are all just stuff that happened to Neil Sedaka.

Frank, the movie, is like all those middlebrow artist biopics that imply that being an artist at all is a form of mental illness. Chris Sievey 'became' Frank even when nobody was present but his bandmembers for the same reason children play characters all day and refuse to admit they're themselves - it's fun. Jon Ronson, a coldfish fucking sociopath who understands nothing but money, couldn't get why Sievey did this and decided it meant he was mentally ill. That then becomes the film, which implicitly patronises every halfway interesting artist for not wanting to be Eric Clapton. Fuck the cunts who made this movie.

Is this a Cred Forumsvie thread?

oh internet tough guy

bite me, faggot

Frank seemed to have some form of schizophrenia or schizo-effective disorder. The need for a mask could be linked to agoraphobia but that's a stretch. Dis-associative identity disorder was another possibility.

I think it's really just a manifestation of extreme anxiety like how OCD is

I'm a different guy but I love this movie, seen it twice and never met anyone that had ever seen it

is r9k missing one of their autists?

yall niggas ever seen Bandslam

Most of the movie takes place in Ireland (?) (Svetno). Only the last half hour is in Texas. Besides, I dont think the movie is "about" Frank Sidebottom, it just sort of references the character via the mask.

it has david bowie in it it's bretty cool

Actually you find out from his parents he was always musically talented and the mental illness just happened to occur afterward, try again

quite...

is either of these on netflix? Im looking for suggestions.

i have your IP address
see you in 25 minutes you piece of garbage

bandslam ain't unless it's on american netflix

Its okay, no one wants you here... you lost... now go home. This whole site is anonymous, so you dont need to feel so humiliated.

Is school of Rock kino?

Wristcutters isn't on Canadian Netflix

I actually really like that movie, unironically. Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny is another guilty pleasure of mine.

Shiiiiiet

once i come up there and smash your teeth into your computer you won't be anonymous anymore

The Get Down is a recent Netflix original series and is pretty good

No Vacancy was better than the kids desu

>You have my IP address
Even if I believed you, are you Verizon? No? Looks like that piece of information is meaningless, dipshit. Smell that? We're done here. Go take a nap and feel better, senpai. I truly hope you feel better.

nigga

what the fuck are you even on about. The movie's just about the capitalization of outsider artists and how lame that ends up being. Appreciate them for what they are, but don't fetishize or exploit them to the point where they lose what made them special in the first place.

You do realise the guy isn't serious right?

I really enjoyed Inside Llewyn Davis

Showed what it feels like to be a struggling musician, how depression feels, and set it all in New York during the 60's folk revival.
Also yeah it's just a good movie overall, with great music

once i'm done smashing your ears into your nose you won't care what carrier i'm on because you're going to be deaf to the jaw

this was pretty solid

I liked this a lot.

this was good until the last ten minutes that featured a lot of bassists that don't even come near jaco's level of talent. i mean at least get thundercat to throw some shit down i mean fuck

I found this to be really embarrassing desu. It was like a middle school kid's outlook on death metal. Not to mention all the characters were just bland tropes. If they removed the ostensible metal flavoring it's just another one of thousands of throwaway dumb teen comedy horror flicks.

>Thundercat
>Good of a bassist as Jaco

Next you'll be telling me Kendrick is a better soul singer than James Brown.

The ending left me a bit disappointed. It kind of went nowhere.

jk simmons killed it in this movie

Actually the film steals a man's work and shits on it, try not being a pleb.

>you in charge of reading comprehension

i never said that you fuckin mongoloid. obviously jaco is miles better than him and any other modern bass player for that matter. but thundercat is a hell of a lot better than geddy lee, flea and that fuckin shithead from metallica

Would it be acceptable to you if someone made a wacky comedy about Captain Beefheart, based on stories about him, only not about him, and with shitty music in place of his music, the moral of which was some Dead Poets Society shit for the vapid?

i'm going to break your fingers one by one if you don't calm down fella

really wanna watch this

No it doesn't. You can't become a real person by imbibing $60 million ersatz culture.

I thought it was terrible and I stopped watching in the middle. It was just boring as fuck and really didn't felt like the 60's.

im actually calm as fuck thats whats so insane about this

then take a deep breath for the last time because i'm gonna send your feet are

im gonna fuck you till you love me faggot

Literally, what the fuck am I reading?

I just realized that any movie about music is going to be shit

Then stop watching shit movies. There are lots of great ones about music.

This movie fucking sucks. Makes me hate more folk music too.

I wanted to see this so bad

>lots of great movies about music
>quadrophenia
uh-uh no

Maybe?
10/10 for me personally tho

LOOK NO FURTHER

i think frank sucked lol

control, the joy division biopic, is pretty cool

Yo what the fuck why has no one posted electric apricot yet??

I loved this one. Everybody was a person. So it hit you in the gut when even the antagonists died.

>Death is not entertainment.

I strongly recommend watching pic related

great movie

A deeply wretched movie. I resent being expected to get excited by old druggies' war stories.

the only music movie that matters

This

This movie is pretty groovy

best music documentarys?
this one is pretty good

Always hear about this, is it worth watching if you're not a fan of either band?

blocked. blocked, blocked, blocked, blocked. youre all blocked. none of you are free of sin

This movie is like 10 times better if you're Irish, comfy as fuck

Saw it the other night, loved it.

This is good

also Synth Britannia and The Wrecking Crew