Wow. That sucked

Wow. That sucked.
Please tell me again why this was 2015 AOTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZK2EmmGLNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. Of Montreal - Aureate Gloom
2. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
3. Mark Ronson - Uptown Special
4. Perdition Temple - Tempter's Victorious
5. Marina and the Diamonds - Froot
6. Pinkshinyultrablast - Everything Else Matters
7. Napalm Death - Apex Predator Easy Meat
8. Lucy Rose - Work It Out
9. Bjork - Vulnicura
10. Viet Cong - s/t
11. Built to Spill - Untethered Moon
12. Ghoulgotha - Deathmass Cloak
13. Belle and Sebastian - Girls in Peacetime
14. Unrest - Grindcore
15. Beardfish - Comfort Zone

Kys

die you degenerate leafyfag

Leafy is my Jesus.
Go drink bleach idubbz.

SHIT taste

no u

well lets start at the beginning. Whats wrong with Wesley's Theory? and more specifically compared to the opening song of your aoty

>Leafy is my Jesus.

>Please tell me again why this was 2015 AOTY?
Because you asked an image board with shitty taste what their album of the year was.

>Please tell me again why this was 2015 AOTY?

because white people suck!!! lmao

>abbreviating kill your self is a meme now
Christ, you faggots will ruin anything.

It wasn't even in the top 5 hip hop releases.

Wesley's Theroy was the only interesting song on that album.
The rest of the album is extremely boring.

>immediately agrees it's quality
off to a good start

so especially considering its length I'd like to just judge For Free by comparison although I'm not opposed to discussing it inherently.

so moving along, whats wrong with King Kunta?

My guess is king kunta and Alright were the catchy singles so people can put their attention on the album.
But King kunta is such a boring slow song.
Kendrick is boring. His flow through the song is Boring, also Including the beat. He him Self doesn't even sound that enthused.
If I Dug the album. I probably would have liked it more. But it's just a Meh for me.

>immediately agrees it's catchy

subdued =/= boring

>His flow through the song is Boring
wut I'm listening now and his flow is on point fucking hard. How is this flow boring? and compared to what from last year?

go dirnk bleach idubzfag

ambitious political black rap album with grayscale picture of white house featuring black people wilding out

begins with long excerpt of someone elses song

but the song is "every nigger is a star" so that means it's deep and not stealing

>stealing
any interpolation is paid for and there are surprisingly few of them actually.

What's this monkey shite and who did it?

Are you Anthony Fantano?
Please be Anthony Fantano. I love your review of To Be Kind.

yes and thank you

please check out my AOTY 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=CZK2EmmGLNc

wtf is all this cancer
the bait and the idiots are tolerable compared to the white knights trying to have discussions with them

your aoty lists are going to haunt me to my grave

1. Sia - 1000 Forms of Fear
2. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
3. Mayhem - Esoteric Warfare
4. Flying Lotus - You're Dead
5. Hundred Waters - The Moon Rang Like A Bell
6. Circulatory System - Mosaics Within Mosaics
7. Death From Above - The Physical World
8. King Buzzo - This Machine Kills Artists
9. St. Vincent - s/t
10. Eyehategod - s/t 11. Free Man - s/t
12. Vacationer - Relief
13. Holy Moses - Redefined Mayhem
14. Reverend Horton Heat - Rev
15. Tennis - Ritual In Repeat

I got bored with Pimp halfway through, I still got to finish it. But King Kulta really amused me when I first heard it. I was imagining Kendrick walking down with exaggerated looney tunes legs to the beat. Some one got to make a gif of that.

>Cancer
Hi leafy!

everyone's startin to realize that this was truly the aoty

it does suck

kill whitey

THERE YOU GO. YOU FINALLY SAID IT. YOU SUCCESSFULLY KILLED THE MEME BY ADMITTING IT IS A MEME.

contrarian

actually on this board, people love to hate. Sounds to me like this board would vote for Ghost or some shit by a kpop band as '15 aoty.

Just that it was for virtually ever music critic and hip hop fan the world over.

This I just dont understand. King Kunta is literally the worst song on the album, by a lot. Every single other song is infinitely better than that track. I cant even believe that it made the final cut whereas Untitled 2 did not...

You are all entitled to an opinion, but if you cannot give a legitimate reason why this album wasn't just "not your cup of tea" but why it actually "sucks", then your contrarianism becomes obvious and pointless. If an album is universally loved by critics and g pop alike, it probably has something going for it, even if you cannot see it. Your failure to see whatever "it" is does not mean you are an idiot, but people on this site are quick to judge, so the whole "it just sucks" bit probably isnt going to elicit the effect you really want, at least not from the silent majority who were smarter than me and decided not to feed the trolls.

No way, King Kunta really clicked with me, I think you just to get used to the repetition and just go with the beat, like in that Clpng song Get Up. And also the ending I found very enjoyable. But the lyrics I dont really worry about.

this was album of the year 2015

>whereas Untitled 2 did not
I'm convinced there were interpolation licensing issues which not only dictated the time of its release but also its manner. No particular evidence but thats my personal conspiracy theory.

B8

Do your thing user. Fuck everyone else.

Kunta isn't even in my top 5 tracks for TPAB (I would have put untitled 05 first), but you can't deny it was brilliantly produced, and showcased Kendrick's best flow in the album. Great song for the masses but still a very strong track with respect to the album itself.

what licensing issues, what did it interpolate? I'm curious

>Life ain't shit but a fat vagina
>Get up and wash your ASSSSS nigguh
Wow... So deep... Rlly makes u think

>what licensing issues, what did it interpolate? I'm curious
no idea and literally zero evidence other than I think these songs are suspiciously good and the packaging is suspiciously bare bones despite that making some sense in context. Although taken at face value of almost zero credits in general at all on the packaging does indicate that there are in fact zero interpolations. However I'm still sticking to my gut.

Pinkshinyultrablast, my nigga

yeah I got turned onto them from here. I really need to get the new one into heavier rotation but its been kinda rough especially since I disqualified the best song because it was originally released last year on the 10"

I really don't have a good reason why Everything Else Matters isn't my AOTY but I gotta stop tweaking my list at some point.

thanks, I've kept thinking the next year is gonna be easier but here I am yet again with Dream Theater

2014 I got hammered for Lana

Why is the album good
>It's boring, but doesn't explain why

Typical Cred Forums.

>Leafy is my Jesus.
if you aren't memeing, legitimately end you life

DONT YOU FUCK WITH LEAFYISHERE. WE ARE THE REPTILIAN BROTHERHOOD. WE ARE THE REPTILIAN ARMY, AND WE ARE STRONG AND PROUD.

It doesn't properly fit the narrative I think