Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_WXoeRXJg
youtube.com/watch?v=euIuXcomdNg
youtube.com/watch?v=OqJQEf9q6go
youtube.com/watch?v=ExEj44OoG1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

It's alright. I like Velocifero.

I got dragged to their concert many moons ago and had fun, great light show too. Can't say I really listen to them otherwise though.

I reckon if their older albums weren't so bloated I'd listen on the reg, but I missed Gravity the Seducer when it came out and I really haven't got into it. Their sound is pretty dated to me.

I want to hug Helen

Their older albums have lots of tracks, but I don't mind that: more music to listen to me. They're all really consistent. As for the supposed dated sound of Ladytron: they sound fresh in a retro-futuristic way. Don't forget that synthpop is still fairly popular now. Destroy Everything You Touch or Seventeen or Playgirl could be released today and almost no one would call them dated.

Pop Levi tho

He played bass on Light & Magic and toured with them for a while.

More opinions?

I just remembered they existed last night. They had some good songs but in retrospect fairly inessential.

I'm wondering why they're not that popular. They have a shitload of good songs.

EA FIFA OST-core

A good or a bad thing?

for me it's a good thing

OK. I discovered plenty of good bands through game soundtracks.

Witching Hour is one of the best albums of the last decade for me, that said they can be a bit hit or miss album-wise.

I love almost all of their singles though, specially Blue Jeans

youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_WXoeRXJg

Blue Jeans is such a great tune.

I started listening to Morrissey when I was 10 thanks to FIFA

These game soundtracks have a pretty good selection in general, tbch. I rarely heard a genuinely annoying song on them.

bump

they're good

Women cannot make music

Huh? Are you from the middle ages?

That gif is actually kind of sweet af

yeah dude, it's 2016

everyone is biologically the same now, if you don't like it you wear a fedora

t. gay

Cool gif.

Witching Hour is one of my favorite '00s albums but for whatever reason I don't care for most of the stuff they did afterward. I still put on Witching Hour or Light & Magic from time to time.

Same here, m8.

>but for whatever reason I don't care for most of the stuff they did afterward
Wot? At least did you listen to Velocifero in its entirety? It's not that different than Witching Hour. There are some proper tunes like Black Cat, Ghosts, Deep Blue, They Gave You a Heart, Burning Up, Tomorrow, I'm Not Scared, Predict the Day.

saw them in San Francisco years ago... they were good live but I thought their songs were just an OK version of something Depeche Mode would do. I did like them, though...

I really like Depeche Mode and I think Ladytron are superior. They're just more interesting to me, they have that dreamy and krautrock-y sound that I really love.

Ladytron continued DM's synthpop legacy after the latter lost their mojo post-Ultra.

I thought it was decent, better than Gravity the Seducer at least. Granted, it's been quite some time since I've listened to either. I'll agree that there are certainly a few really good tracks on Velocifero.

thanks for the recommendations...
I've been itching for some new music in this genre.

HA! Can't disagree with that, unfortunately. Because I always loved DM. Oh well...

Any other acts you could recommend?
Generally interested in similar styles.

Thanks!

It's sad that Gravity the Seducer remains so underrated. It's their most understated album, but the songs are still great. Helen Marnie's debut album actually continued and even improved that GTS sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=euIuXcomdNg
youtube.com/watch?v=OqJQEf9q6go
youtube.com/watch?v=ExEj44OoG1Y

I jam to Witching Hour, Velocifero, and Gravity The Seducer sometimes
they're a nice band to chill to

Did you listen to all those synthpop classics (Pet Shop Boys, OMD, Tears For Fears, The Human League, Kraftwerk, Yazoo, Heaven 17, Visage, New Order, Propaganda, Art of Noise) first?

DM still have flashes of brilliance. Shame they lost Alan Wilder from their lineup after their SOFAD tour. They will never be as great as their golden era ('84-'97, yeah I'm including Ultra that was made without Alan).

What about their first 2 albums? They sound more like Kraftwerk fronted by Nico.

not much of a kraftwerk fan desu

OK. Did you listen to their main singer' solo album, Crystal World?

Love Alan Wilder's stuff.
That guy is brilliant.
Also, huge fan of the Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Yazoo and Art of Noise. Holy Wow, do those name bring back memories! I'll check out the rest of your list. Thank you.

Still love that New Order is still churning out stuff.

You're welcome. I could recommend you some newish synthpop: Goldfrapp, Hot Chip, Xeno & Oaklander, Marsheaux, Glass Candy, iamamiwhoami, The Knife, Fever Ray, Mesh, Wolfsheim, Little Boots, Sally Shapiro, Royksopp, La Roux, John Maus, Purity Ring, Chvrches, Tegan and Sara (their latest 2 albums), Cut Copy, Polica, Grimes, Rodney Cromwell, Shura, Priest, Client (earlier albums).

>Still love that New Order is still churning out stuff.
Their latest album Music Complete was actually very good.