Why is her singing so annoying? I cannot for the life of me stand to listen to her

Why is her singing so annoying? I cannot for the life of me stand to listen to her.

Have the normies learned to employ some kind of autist filter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ky9Ro9pP2gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I actually find her voice beautiful, mesmerising, unique. No autism filter needed.

That's because you're a normie. You slide right past the autist filter and rematerialize on the other side.

N O R M I E

I never even considered the fact that people may find her voice annoying until I saw someone posting about it on here.

How is finding an "inaccessible" voice beautiful a normie thing? Is Merzbow for normies because high pitched screeches can be annoying?

These. I didn't know her voice was considered annoying until I was reading about her.

The normies hate her, why are you talking about?
The only patrician ITT

merzbow is normie noise

It's not just that the voice is annoying it's that it doesn't fit in with the melody. It may just be because I'm autistic enough to get caught in the autist filter but all I hear is some random melody combined with some improvised out-of-sync singing in a fake voice.

I don't know how to explain it other than that the singing is too uncalculated.

Can you post a specific song that makes you feel this way? I'm a lil baffled

she tries to sing like a child. it's extremely annoying.

It's every song. I just listened to this to reconfirm my opinion. youtube.com/watch?v=ky9Ro9pP2gc

>Have the normies learned to employ some kind of autist filter?

What the hell are you talking about? Have you considered the fact that you might actually be 100% musically illiterate?

There's a woman that comes into my work often that looks like a chubby version of her, except she talks like a wigger

She legitimately has a beautiful voice IMO.

And disliking her just because of her slightly unconventional vocal timbre is one of the most normie things ever. Go look at the comments of any of her late night performances.

What the fuck does this even mean.

You legitimately sound like you have no idea what you're talking about and
just threw in a few vaguely music related words and hoped that it made sense.

dude what

>Have the normies learned to employ some kind of autist filter?
Dumbest thing I've read all day.

Her music and songwriting/composition is good, but her voice is trash. But it's not unbearable or anything. But then again, my voice is trash and I still sing, so who am I to talk

Meant for OP, soz

Eh, I like it :) Newsom's music isn't for everyone, that's obvious to me. I still don't understand how her voice sounds improvised, fake, or uncalculated but that's ok. Who are some of your favorite vocalists?

That bloke in Built To Spill

I think she seeks to use her voice in such a way that it acts as a unique instrument, with different timbres. It spices up the singer-songwriter genre and also keeps us interested throughout a long song because of the frequent timbre changes.

The fact that you find it jarring is a popular feeling, but try to see past the vocals for the moment and read along to her songs, or listen to the harp arrangements. There's some seriously great music being played here, and downplaying an artists entire discography based on a single 'different' component is faulty.

Respect. Martsch also does unique vocals, I enjoy Built to Spill very much

It's mostly on songs like waltz of the 101st lightborne where she's doing this really weird sound almost like a baby where it sounds like she's singing from the back of her throat, that and how she intentionally cracks her voice into oblivion on the first syllable on some words, aside from that she's accessibly beautiful (and I like some of her less accessible techniques it's just those are the two things I'm sure people don't like)

oh boy, you must love Milk-Eyed Mender

I like her singing on Milk Eyed Mender and Ys, but it's pretty annoying now.

>I think she seeks to use her voice in such a way that it acts as a unique instrument, with different timbres

This, the idea that Joanna is some untrained amateur is really annoying considering how she's practically been a musical prodigy since a chi;d. She knows exactly what she's doing and uses her voice to express things in ways you wouldn't be able to do with a more conventional timbre or intonation.

I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME
BELIEVE OUR TALK
OUR FLOCK HAD CAUSE TO LEAVE
BUT DOOOOO WE? DOOOO WE?

best song on the album desu

god awful. objectively too