If post-punk and art-punk are objectively the best genres, is this the greatest album of all time?

if post-punk and art-punk are objectively the best genres, is this the greatest album of all time?

Yes and anyone who says otherwise is a pleb.

WHAT I WAAAAAAANT

No, the best Art-Punk and Post-Punk Albums are as follows:

Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance
Wire - Chair's Missing
Pop Group - Y

MM has some great guitar work, songwriting, and lyricism I must say. Just not the best.

kys

>Chairs Missing
>not Pink Flag

Fuck, nice trips

That being said Chairs Missing is my favorite Wire album, then shortly after falls Pink Flag and 154

Fuck off, I like to keep my conversation with idiots short. They waste my time

marquee moon is the only good television song

final solution by pere ubu made all of post punk redundant before it even existed

I'm not an Ape you baboon! I'm an Elephant!!!

>on purposely ignores This Heat

154>chairs missing>pink flag

fight me

i dont get how this is considered post punk or even "art punk" it sounds like a regular rock album. the harmonies, guitar work, and songwriting are consistent with a "classic rock" sound

No, they are just trash. I feel like This Heat experiments just for the sake of experimenting sometimes, which kinda grinds my gears. Might as well be Post-Punks Captain Beefheart or something. Terrible comparison, but you get what I'm trying to say. Deceit is still a tolerable record

I won't. A Wire friend, is a friend of mine. 154 is definetely their most underrated release

>154 is definetely their most underrated release
?

>Scruffy
LMAO!!!!

>Prove It isn't great
Surely you're jesting

>implying scaruff mcgruff has any merit
o i am laffin

>your favourite critic
LMAO!!!!

>he doesn't have an opinion of his own so he listens to music critics

this is an 18+ board

yeah i feel like 154 is underrated but chairs missing is amazing also

Pink Flag is Wire's best

The rest of their music is too derivative of Brian Eno to be truly great

>doesnt have an argument so he spouts underage
sad man

How typical, expected nothing more from scaruffags.

yeah I don't give basic explanations to the preschoolers on here sorry

A Bell is a Cup is Wire's most underrated release.
It's also better than Chairs Missing.
Fight me.

EFF
ARR
EYE
SEE
TEE EYE OH EN

154 is a lot more interesting than Pink Flag

>Wire
>This Heat
>Pere Ubu

God. This isn't a Post Punk thread. It's just a thread for giant flaming faggots.

>Might as well be Post-Punks Captain Beefheart or something.

That's the Pop Group. If you had This Heat listed instead of Wire you would've been called out for being a Scaruffi drone too.

but this album (Marquee Moon) is more impressionable than nombrastes.

sorry for my english :$

>i drone scaruffi unironically

Sun Coming Down is a ridiculously good album

>154 is definetely their most underrated release
Newman's first solo record, too.

I think Television did a good job at ripping off The Velvet Underground but that's all they really did. Marquee Moon is a great album but as far as art punk is concerned I think Blank Generation by Richard Hell and The Voidoids is much better and more interesting IMHO.

Mah nigga.' There's hope for this thread yet.

>someone mentions a basic gimme album
>someone else does nothing to contribute the discussion other than a "muh nigga" circlejerk.

No hope. Great music and all. But no hope.

Scaruffi hates wire

>if post-punk and art-punk are objectively the best genres

They're not. The best genre is Baroque.

its a meme you dip

No, this is objectively the greatest album of all time.

proto punk and garage rock + hardcore punk are way better imo. there's no energy in twin lead guitars played clean even if television are a good band.

that's funny because MM is proto punk (and not post punk)

Are there any bad post-punk albums?

i mean television don't really fit into either of those scenes. yeah they were part of the NY underground CBGB scene and they formed their band in the early 70s, but tons of bands from that area around that time weren't punk at all. personally i think marquee moon is a post-punk record because i don't really believe in the idea that a band has to subscribe to some sort of artistic movement to fit into a genre, and marquee moon has way more influence in prog and jazz guitar playing than it does just a straight punk sound

>knowing scaruffi's taste
kek

You'll know what they are if you lurked long enough.

>(You)

mmhmhmhmm they are the best genres, nice pick but i'm not so sure about it he's getting closer to it

echoes by the rapture

anything U2 did