How come a continent be so devoid of talent?

How come a continent be so devoid of talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJxd0nIY1oA
youtube.com/watch?v=dK3Jt44-6UI
youtube.com/watch?v=TKoq4KOHUEU
youtube.com/watch?v=DdKAlGlNZd0
youtube.com/watch?v=0z_W8nF8P7M
youtube.com/watch?v=_mLyle7B7n4
youtube.com/watch?v=0aX4iqovUj8
youtube.com/watch?v=PA7vEIj6Lzk
play.spotify.com/album/2sKugNxLqatBLc8oDQzbQr
youtube.com/watch?v=jy7KmriL2fI
chicodub.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fN40nSauWjE
youtube.com/watch?v=8wpeY5cvO2E
youtube.com/watch?v=J7DPA2-8Okc
youtube.com/watch?v=wDC2TJRpF_0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipys2__2g8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uUyvtwSV6A8
youtube.com/watch?v=DuoCd7UEkpc
felixylosclavos.bandcamp.com/track/sensacional-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brazils got a decent amount of good psych/jazz/bossa nova
but thats really it desu

>How come a continent be so devoid of talent?

nice bait

Fucking triggered

>Not liking MPB and Andean folk music
Get this hothead outta here

I don't know, everyone here keeps saying "THERE ARE GREAT BANDS ON THE UNDERGROUND SCENES" but I've never seen one that was more than decent.
And the ones that are decent are copycats of international bands.
Also we are like 10 years in the past in terms of sound, like, most bands want to be the strokes.

how does one music fan become so devoid of good taste

I like Mexican Classical music

youtube.com/watch?v=aJxd0nIY1oA

youtube.com/watch?v=dK3Jt44-6UI

youtube.com/watch?v=TKoq4KOHUEU

youtube.com/watch?v=DdKAlGlNZd0

youtube.com/watch?v=0z_W8nF8P7M

youtube.com/watch?v=_mLyle7B7n4

youtube.com/watch?v=0aX4iqovUj8

youtube.com/watch?v=PA7vEIj6Lzk

Could how post 1 stupid be so?

C'mon tons of Bossa and MBP Artists that were fantastic in the 60's and 70's. Os Mutantes were the best foreign Psych-pop band ever. "Cumbia" is also a cool genre and I suggest you listen to Ondatropica - Ondatropica, which is pretty fantastic. Anthony Fantano gave it a 9/10 on his channel a few years back, it's worth a few spins.

This is mostly true though, much of South America is really into the whole EDM/American rave culture right now

Carmen Miranda
Juan Garcia Esquivel

Thoughts about this?

I find it pretty chill

play.spotify.com/album/2sKugNxLqatBLc8oDQzbQr

OP: Please spoonfeed me good music from this continent

This and Arrigo Barnabé - Clara Crocodilo.

Latin American rock is 99.99% shit because it's basically a "poor man's version" of the American or British band they are imitating.

The best Latin American music is either traditional or takes from traditional styles. That's not the kind of music Cred Forums cares about which is why it's never discussed.

they produce mostly trannies and drugs
checkmate atheists

>Latin American rock is 99.99% shit because it's basically a "poor man's version" of the American or British band they are imitating.
(not true, by the way)

Central and South America have a lively music scene. The dance music is great, assuming you aren't afraid of "vapid" spic music ruining your self-styled image of musical listening professional lol. Not to mention the dances themselves are so much fun.

Cuba alone has more talent and culture than most anglo nations

aside from psych (that maybe is on the same level), he is true.

There are good Latin American rock albums, but yeah, most of them are derivative (in the same way, I don't know, Parquet Courts or Car Seat Headrest are derivative).

Yes, but we do have some non-psych stuff that is worth listening to like Mutantes, Bacamarte, Felini and Ruído/mm.

Implying latin america doesn't have the best pop music.

>Tango in Argentina
>Bossa Nova in Brazil
>Afro Cuban Jazz in Cuba and the Caribe

how come an user can be so devoid of culture?

This is pure kino:

youtube.com/watch?v=jy7KmriL2fI

it is strange that south american musicians are always confined to threads about why south america doesn't have any popular international artists

Mexico is part of north america idiot

no, that's because most of people who post here are ignorant about latin america and it's music

Only Spaniards aren't ignorant about Latin American music

where's the Reggaeton section?

Reggaeton is shit

great metal comes from tehre

good list I rec

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LISTEN TO THIS NOW

chicodub.bandcamp.com/

AMON TOBIN
M
O
N

T
O
B
I
N

youtube.com/watch?v=fN40nSauWjE

youtube.com/watch?v=8wpeY5cvO2E

youtube.com/watch?v=J7DPA2-8Okc

nice bait user ily my man

this board is honestly the largest congregation of legitimate music fans on the internet. just saying that everyone here is "ignorant" makes me laugh

Is no one going to point out the fact that there are two continents in this picture?

>this board is honestly the largest congregation of legitimate music fans on the internet.
Woah, I never thought of it like that but you're right

youtube.com/watch?v=wDC2TJRpF_0

youtube.com/watch?v=Ipys2__2g8Y

youtube.com/watch?v=uUyvtwSV6A8

Sorry, but I'm not saying everyone is ignorant about music, but come on, have you seen a daily post about latin american music? About tango or bossa nova? Everytime someone rec something from Argentina, Brazil or anywhere, people just ignores it.
And don't tell me please latin america's music is bad or talentless.

triggered

Is this allowed?

That doesn't mean Cred Forums doesn't have massive biases in general.

It's not that we have no talent, it's just that we are poor and the majority of people here don't have money to buy musical instruments. If you see the majority of famous Mexican, Argentinian, and Chileans bands are made up of upper class faggots.

Not really a huge problem here in Brazil, a biggest problem here is getting your music released, because we pretty much have no record labels

Cumbia, salsa, bachata, lando, samba, MPB, tropicalia, tango, Nueva Cancion, etc

What? Anyone can upload their album to bandcamp and share it in social media to get famous

come on now
in Brazil most of the bands at least want to be the Arctic Monkeys, get on with the times

Here's the thing: nobody would give a shit. Like, if you don't make blues/prog/jazz/fusion, sound like The Strokes/Arctic Monkeys/Current hot indie musician or are a poor man's Rolling stones, you'll have no public.
And even if you do any of those, you'll probably get big after ten years of playing or something like that.

hahaha holy shit. you can't be serious.
the only way anyone could think something as idiotic and ignorant is that, is if their only experience with music fans was from youtube comment sections.

In Argentina they want to be both, but the bands that copy them mostly try to do the garage sound of the first album.

Yeah, but it's different
The brazilian society, even the people that you'd expect to be into underground stuff, they don't look for music
Because we are so used to seeing only the 2 sides of it: It's either what's in top 40 stations (which is even more popular here because most people don't understand the lyrics) or the very cheap. very commercial genres that would be sertanejo, pagode, electrofunk
So if you don't like one of those, you must like the other
It's been like this since the 80's

Brazil has the shittiest underground music scene now. It's so fucking sad.

>salsa

Invented in New York.

recommend me some Andean folk albums please?? I heard it at a SA fair recently and really enjoyed it

good argentine albums? don't worry about the genre, just post good music from the artists that live/are from there please.

Here you go bro

youtube.com/watch?v=DuoCd7UEkpc

you have to be 18 to post here

He asked for Andean folk music and i delivered.

Vainica Doble - Heliotropo

>How come a continent be so devoid of talent?
So you hate acoustic guitar like many people out there??
Because brazil is considered to have the best musicians on solo acoustic guitar without vocals and human percussion music

Vida - Sui Generis
Dynamo - Soda Stereo
Cancion Animal - Soda Stereo
Bocanada - Gustavo Cerati
Almendra - Almendra
Alberto Spinetta - Artaud

Those are "the basics", you may like Aeroblus' self titled (but it could seem a bit generic), Pappo's Blues Volume III, Miami, Jessico (Babasonicos), Divididos por la felicidad (Sumo).

HHHH - Intro

Brazilians only know how to make easy-listening jazz
They suck at literally everything else

More recent albums that you may like are:
Bestia Bebé - Bestia Bebé
Él Mató a un Policía Motorizado - La Dinastía Scorpio
La Ola Que Quería Ser Chau - La Fuerza Del Cariño
La Perla Irregular - América
Los Espíritus - Gratitud
Humo Del Cairo - Humo Del Cairo
Divididos - Amapola Del 66

(Most of them are nothing special, but...)

>Él Mató a un Policía Motorizado - La Dinastía Scorpio
>La Ola Que Quería Ser Chau - La Fuerza Del Cariño
Don't listen to this faggot, he has the taste of a prepubescent ''indie'' girl. Those two bands are some of the most bland and generic ''underground'' groups of untalented musicians.

Congregación - Continuará
Tiro de Gracia - Ser Humano
Teleradio Donoso - Bailar y Llorar
Pánico - Subliminal Kill
Pedropiedra - s/t
Los Ex - Caída Libre
El Sueño de la Casa Propia - Historial de Caídas
Los Tres - Se Remata el Siglo
Fulano - Trabajos Inútilies
Los Bandoleros - s/t

Enjoy

>Amapola del 66
>Not La Era De La Boludez

why so pleb

Thx, weird you didn't put Bestia Bebé and Babasónicos there.

What???????????

Control machete-mucho barato

>most of people
>everyone here
do u even read

There's a ton of good music that comes from Argentina. Also surprised no one here has mentioned Cafe Tacvba, Reves/Yosoy is a great album.

I've never listened to Bestia Bebé, but Babasonicos is alright for a mainstream pop band, nothing good but nothing bad either. Also I guess I'll contribute something

Defórmica - Defórmica (argentine math)
FoneZ - Adhesivo De Contacto Espacial (argentine kraut rock/psychedelic)
The Holydrug Couple - Noctuary (chilean psychedelic rock)
Joakin Bello - Detras Del Arcoiris (chilean ambient)
Resplandor - Pleamar (peruvian shoegaze)
HHHH - Intro (argentinian glitch/shoegaze/electronic)
Juan Ravioli - Álbum para la juventud vol. 1 (argentinian folk, kinda like Elliott Smith)

Even in spite of that most people on Cred Forums are extremely biased towards certain kinds of music and the mediums which goes a long way towards discounting huge amounts of everything else

I'm willing to bet the average person who ACTUALLY posts on Cred Forums is more likely some meme kid who thinks he's into music because he listened to the essentials chart than any real music fan

Forgot to mention these are all Chilean bands, all different genres.

Also check out Felix y los Clavos, great Argentinian band.
felixylosclavos.bandcamp.com/track/sensacional-3

PLEASE let me suck your dick.