What does Cred Forums think of Blondie?

What does Cred Forums think of Blondie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love their first 4 albums. This is their best.

I don't care what others say, Heart of Glass is their best song

Better than channel orange

heh

Debbie Harry is the most beautiful woman who has ever lived

Clem Burke did Keith Moon better than Keith Moon

They had their 5 seconds of fame but went kaput once the Reagan years started. More popular in Britain than their homeland.

Rockbird [Geffen, 1986]

It's her achievement and her curse that just listening to the record you'd think she never went away. Vocal technique and vocal identity are sharper than when she withdrew from the fray five years ago, and the songs are brasher and more insouciant than on The Hunter or KooKoo or Autoamerican. If the sound could be a mite fresher, that's because the world is now overrun with the dance-rock Harry made possible--just as it's overrun with cartoon sexpots carrying tunes, whose collective existence give her a larger identity problem she refuses to confront. But it's also because the late '70s were Harry's heyday. Not too many pop icons get more than one of those. B

Funniest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony

Uh huh. Debbie was pretty fresh and novel in 1977, but ten years later Madonna et al had surpassed her.

She does seem kinda butthurt about Madonna if you read her interviews.

"They came off as typical punks--they wanted to get rich and have their songs on the radio, but they didn't want to have to work too hard."

-- Mike Chapman

She's a gilf

My cousin was like 13 when Blondie were at their height and he was all like "Holy fuck, Debbie Harry is 33? She's fucking ancient!"

One Way or Another is such a fucking annoying song. I hate it.

This. I love Blondie, but that is the one song I really can't stand.

A great group, blessed and burdened by having the sexiest frontwoman of all time.

They're pretty great

Are Blondie, Television and Talking Heads the least hated bands on Cred Forums?

shhh, as soon as you say something like that the avant-teens come out of the woodwork
but yeah probably

I don't think anyone hates Weezer.

No they suck too.

that would be correct if rivers cuomo died after green

Rush Rush get the llello

The Curse of Blondie was okay, but they really couldn't muster that youthful dynamism they'd had on the classic albums.

She looks stoned.

Anyone remember that pic of her performing without any pants on?

And then Raditude happened...

They were almost retro in a way, recapturing 60s Spectorian pop and pre-psychedelic rock numbers like You Really Got Me.

And of course Gwen Stefani, another of Debbie's many disciples.

Just as Madonna is butthurt about...seems to be a chick thing because I've never heard of, like, Mick Jagger being butthurt about younger bands that took his spot.

All the oldies stations at every office/department store/ public place cut out the last minute of drumming on heart of glass. God, I hate that. It's a god-tier drum outro. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. FUCKING NORMIES!

On one of their Greatest Hits compilations, Christgau complaints about the absence of the extended length single version and it had only the shorter version from the LP.

[[[[TRIGGER WARNING]]]]

YOU NOT READY WHAT IM ABOUT TO SAY

BRUH

Blondie

was the

THE

First

RAPPER

KID

youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g

get blown y'all that's wild

My dad showed me this.

Hey dad. Did you get the smokes? Where have you been?

I left yo dumb with yo mom to fuck my boyfriend. I'm never coming back.

I left something in your behind your xbox or wtr

see you later nigga

fuk u dad

bamboozled again