Can someone explain what pic related is and why its a thing?

can someone explain what pic related is and why its a thing?

where can i find the new album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXZ8LaMf_ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its a thing because white people dont know what memphis rap
they are on the wave of artists like bones/yung lean/chris travis

Wiggers that got big bc of being edgy, just like wolf Haley Robinson

>giving a shit about these suburbanite try hard faggots

Lil Ugly Mane/SGP or bust.

Yeah, except that bones is actually good now

bumping because no clear answer yet

We have, you're just a shill kys

>what pic related is and why its a thing?
fuckboys that rip-off some other dudes

>where can i find the new album?
>bumping because no clear answer yet
that's the weird way of shilling

>can someone explain what pic related is and why its a thing?

21 pilots core

Don't disrespect 21 pilots like that

I actually enjoy $uicideboy$. do i have poor taste?

yeah

explanation? Its kinda nice to bang your head to semi nonsense lyrics and hard beats

dj crest tho

some of their shit is definitely 2edgy but they seem like pretty genuine dudes.

>because white people dont know what memphis rap
aside from being a stupid statement, a very large portion of memphis rap lacks the hard hitting production that these guys and the like have.

don't get me wrong i love memphis rap but the logical progression from shit production to solid modern production makes perfect sense and (often, not always) works well

>try-hard lyrics
>sampling mostly other artists from the same scene
>production is nothing interesting overall
>stylistical rip-off of other people

this

but this is describes memphis rap from its conception

no, as well as it doesn't mean that these dudes are good artists
not going to bump this shill anymore

It's only on soundcloud.

Nice try Otto. Stick to the blog. Shit is cringe-worthy.

>a very large portion of memphis rap lacks the hard hitting production that these guys and the like have

You do realize that they over-sample the hell out of memphios raps. All their big records have had samples lifted off from memphis rap, espicialy the three six mafia.

You have no idea what you're talking about, in fact I'm willing to be your knowledge of the memphis rap scene is limited by that overtly wrong and dumb statement.

not talking about the samples bud. when i say hard hitting im talking about kicks and bass that actually have power behind them and snares that aren't weak as fuck. shit bumps hard. not saying 100% of memphis rap is weak like that but its certainly a recurring theme.

im willing to bet you're pretending to be a memphis rap aficionado to seem cool on the internet

There are some differnces here.

The self-sampling and sampling others within the city was a part of memphis rap culture not to say the the new era cats can't do this, the biggest gripe people have is how they over-sample it instead of creating their own sound.

Here's the thing with them. I don't think I've ever seen them ever give three six mafia or any memphis rap act that they took their lyrics and instrumentals from them and then let their fans know who their influences are. Why is this a big deal might you ask? The simple reason is that the memphis psycho rap genre is virtually unknown to a majoirty of the mainstream hip-hop audience. Mainly people on the interent have caught wind of it. So to most people, this is "new" music. Which is fine but what do you think a fan would think when you have this entire crew who sample three six mafia beats and then have the gall to name themselves scarecrows.

No one talks shit about Lil Ugly Mane, why? Because he made a tape that both honoured the old school tapes that came before him and then took it to a new place.

Same thing with SGP. He started the memphis rap revival movement but he was creating his own new sound with his space phonk.

>when i say hard hitting im talking about kicks and bass that actually have power behind them and snares that aren't weak as fuck. shit bumps hard.

Yeah you mean the speaker breaking bass boosted music that fucking memphis created? Who started with the 808s in hiphop, who created crunk? 2/10 try again.

youtube.com/watch?v=hXZ8LaMf_ac