FUCK

FUCK

OFF

TEENS

"I’m so sick of / (Fill in the blank)" or "It’s more than you bargained for / But it's a little less than what you paid for" are more than smart, edgy slogans. Over the course of Teens of Denial's 11 songs, Will narrates a journey with his mysterious companion/alter-ego Joe that addresses big themes (personal responsibility, existential despair, the nature of identity, the Bible, heaven) and small ones (Air Jordans, cops, whether to have one more beer, why he lost his backpack). By turns tender and caustic, empathetic and solipsistic, literary and vernacular, profound and profane, self-loathing and self-aggrandizing, he conjures a specifically 21st century mindset, a product of information overload, the loneliness it can foster, and the escape music can provide.

“Fill in The Blank,” the mission statement of the album, kicks things off — it’s a fist-pumping anthem about feeling lousy in an ill-defined way, the fear of settling into a routine of futility, and not wanting to deal with it. Although it’s oddly joyful sounding, Toledo considers it the introduction to his angriest record yet. In that vein, “Vincent,” “Hippie Powers,” and “Connect The Dots” are about both fighting to hold your place in the crowd and to hold your drink, as well as DIY college house shows, and having no one to dance with, respectively. Initially similar, "Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales” veers off in surprising directions, each piece flush with huge, irony-free hooks.

Teens of Denial refracts Toledo's particular, personal story of one difficult year through cultural touchstones such as the biography of Frank Sinatra, the evolution of the Me Generation as seen in Mad Men and elsewhere, plus elements of eastern and western theology. The whole thing flaunts a kind of conceptual, lyrical, and musical ambition that has been missing from far too much 21st-century music.

hi will

did he really write a song about Cred Forums?

Stop posting this faggot already

this is the epitome of numalecore

Yes

I remember him calling me a loser for no reason. Still have no idea what that was all about.

shut up loser

fuck off will

>gets famous because of this board
>has obvious connections to this board
>still is accepted, praised, and celebrated

what went right?

They really fell off when they got signed

What went wrong?

>The whole thing flaunts a kind of conceptual, lyrical, and musical ambition that has been missing from far too much 21st-century music.
this is largely wrong, and people need to abandon this mindset asap

otherwise sure whatever

Fuck off Will you pretentious fuck

was this guy a Cred Forumstant? did he use a trip? i dont remember him

Oh will

why do people think will wrote this it was obviously matador's pr

you know i've fucking had it with these snide opies, they always try to come off as "oh LMAO if i trigger this albums fans i'll get a fuckton of (you)'s" but no, not this fucking time you faggot. i need you to get a life because it's not me and the fans who have the problem, it's YOU AND YOUR INSECURE SHITPOSTING. i need you to take a gun and shoot yourself with it. i need you to j-j-just FUCKIGN DIE YOU SICK FUCK I NEED YOU TO JUST FUCKING DIE you fat cunt you're probably in some fucking basement akin to a 3rd world country just sitting there like "oh if i project my feelings onto these kind Cred Forumstant's i'll just make a big meme thread with 200+ replies and become a legend in community all i gotta do is muh projection, insecurity and shitposting" AGAIN I WILL SAY IT FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

FELLOW Cred ForumsTANT'S BAND WITH ME AND DEFEAT THIS FUCKING CUNT, TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE Cred Forums A NEW WAY, A BETTER WAY, THE BEST WAY WE'LL EVER HAVE

fuck teens, am i right?
i know i will

at this point they just want more reasons to hate him

cannot be denied

what do you mean by this? that it doesn't have that ambition or that it's wrong to say that kind of ambition has been missing from 21st century music?

nope, never leaving ;)

This. I hate these cheap threads with one sentence baits

Still impossible to discuss CSH on mu?

Jesus, you guys.

>was this guy a Cred Forumstant?
maybe but no one really knows
>did he use a trip?
no and no one has actual evidence that he ever shilled his music or posted here at all because 4chin is anonymous

At first I thought it was pretty great, but after giving the album some time I just can't get over how much of a step down it is from twin fantasy or how to leave town. Compared to those, teens of denial just feels so generic

He played up to the "indie rock" label after he got signed and all the accompanying connotations.

There's a couple songs I really like, vincent/ballad/drunk drivers, but even those feel over-cooked and it's really a running theme through the whole album. It just doesn't feel as effortlessly charming or interesting musically as his older stuff

"Hello my friend, we’ve been waiting for you for a long time
We have reason to believe that your soul is just like ours
Did you ever get the feeling you were just a little different?
Well, here’s our web page, you’ve finally found a home

I feel so empty trying to explain this
His name is William Onyeabor, he’s from the 70s"

>praised