Jazz music has to be listened to live. Otherwise it is not Jazz...

Jazz music has to be listened to live. Otherwise it is not Jazz, it is just sound that was once jazz turned into 0's and 1's and turned back into sound.

it's nearly the same shit if you have a good setup, stop being a fucking autist

It's really not. The performance makes it Jazz. A picture of a pie is not a pie

I actually agree regarding the drummer if they're doing crazy shit like one guy I saw was actually taking apart his kit and putting it back together again literally as he played. All kinds of shit like found object stuff etc. I really think its intended to be seen.

A video of your mom sucking my black dick isn't your mom sucking my black dick, but she still did it.

fuck off nigger

haha

Do you guys play instruments? Visuals are the icing on the cake and nothing more.

yes and I insist the crazy shit I've seen jazz drummers do is intended to be seen.

i try to explain this shit to my friend but he thinks it's an excuse for not listening to jazz music

im having a difficult time comprehending how autistic you'd have to be to actually have this idea, type it out, and then post it on everyone's favorite weeaboo shitposting forum

Here's (You)r reply.

(talking about jazz) Live albums are usually... bad albums. The improvised format rarely yields good music. A studio album has been made (hopefully) by selecting the best takes of a piece. The odds that a live version is as good as a studio version are rather slim. Which is exactly what I keep finding in live albums: bad versions of studio cuts.

Scaruffi confirmed for being a phony who has literally no knowledge or appreciation for jazz

I'm always impressed by how much Scaruffi excels at contradicting himself and saying retarded bullshit to appear edgy.
Most studio recordings are the first and often only take and improvisation is one of the only defining characteristics of jazz. A lot of the most significant recordings in jazz are live albums or live tracks that got put on studio albums.
To say "The improvised format rarely yields good music" is almost equivalent to saying jazz is rarely good music. Which is fine if he thinks that but he also claims to love jazz.
Does he just like the heads of pieces? What about all the free jazz he listens to?

Words have to be read live. Otherwise, they are not words, they are just squiggly shapes on a surface interpreted by our brains to have meaning.

Live music is never actually live anyway, not only is there usually some form of amplification (a signal path not unlike that of a recording)

But also it's not even live, you're hearing it a few milliseconds later because sound takes time to reach your ears

Without actually being inside the instrument there is no way to hear music live, live music is a myth perpetuated by the music industry

>live music is a myth perpetuated by the music industry
cute

>it's nearly the same shit if you have a good setup

what do you mean by this?

Are you dense? I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic.

you're really reading a lot into just one word

Do Live albums count? That's the majority of jazz I listen to, it's 10x better than studio albums.

Then what genre is A Love Supreme or Bitches Brew?

binary

pay attention

That is not a genre of music

What are you getting out of this

movies havee to be watched live during the filming. otherwise it's not film, it's just the perfomance that was once film äturned into 0's and 1's and turned back into film

Books have to be read from the original manuscript. Otherwise it is not a book, it is just text that was once a book turned into 0's and 1's and turned back into text.