youtube.com/watch?v=O8KVfOpBsO0
youtu.be/xKZ5MvX8tPQ?t=90
vocaroo.com/i/s0xqzaShOFAR
clyp.it/tjacv3cg
youtu.be/kqyFsuC9fk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice

DUBS THREAD KEEP IT GOING

What have y'all been working on? I've been listening to the glow pt. 2 a lot lately and I really like this thing I've been messing with but I'm afraid it might sound too similar

vocaroo.com/i/s1STIBco3maH

Are Elixir strings GOAT?

As you wish.

>tfw play the ukulele, the ultimate patrician instrument

i doubt it. i just buy d'addario since they're usually the cheapest out of the non-garbage brands.

Are there mass produced 7/8 string guitars that have a thick neck?
Thick like a 57 tele U-shape neck

at least you got something now.

>spedtest.net
Fuck it, I'm off to go full on nut job autist on my ISP representative.

Nite nite /gg/.

>"needing" more than one or two electric guitars

Explain yourselves, /gg/

cont.

template?

naw

Make it yourself fool

favorite dirty bass tones?

Just put this together dudes, what do you think?

I'm not a fan of gold hardware but it's alright here

I like E standard, Eb standard, D standard, C standard, drop C#, drop C, drop B, drop A#, drop A. the least used and more memetic can be replaced with a capo or Digitech Drop, but it can only go so far, as I can bend on a capo, and the Drop cuts too much treble (tuned to E with Drop set to D vs same guitar in D).

Post you favorite chord progression!
GO!

i-V-N6-vii*7/III-V-i

>randy rhoads did it better
0/10

>thick rubber washer on the strap button

if you only use standard/drop tunings maybe you should get a polytune

*that should be a seven fully diminished 7th of five
vii*7/V

>buying/installing/dealing with strap locks with a fucking piece of rubber is just as good

*when

I did it the best

>builds partscaster
>won't spend extra $10 for straplocks
That's not even what I was referring to though, most people would have used a simple white felt washer where you decided you needed a gigantic black rubber grommet to protect the finish. Very strange.

>walnut-y stain
>paf in a hss strat

my nigga

Tuning the guitars is not the problem. Keeping a consistent tension across them, so the playing is comfortable either in E or in drop B, therefore using different string gauges in each of them consistently, as to not fuck and warp the necks due to shitty hyper humid climate and tension changes, is.
I actually have a polytune as my tuner.

>humbucker mounted backwards

Sounds incredibly better my man.

I got you senpai

>What have y'all been working on?
Sporadic chugs accompanied by cheesy virtual piano to be honest

clyp.it/peccqakx

my boss fight theme

"dream" = what i'm realistically saving up for. the only real indulgence here is the julia but it's quite unique/versatile.

Nice plywood

you'd probably break even selling that 6505 and getting the or15

I like you babe

>muh tonewoods

thx user-kun

That wasn't me btw. Its just a placeholder atm dude. Not hard to change out later. Also missing a gold neck plate because they were out of stock.

CBA to fill in template:

Current gear:
Fender Squier Telecaster Custom
Blackstar HT-1R Amp and head in bronco
Boss Super overdrive pedal
Capo

Dream gear:
America Standard Telecaster / Les Paul
Bretty happy with my amp desu
Rasputin Fuzz pedal
Any of the Abominable electronics stuff
Boss RC-3 looper pedal

Rate my wants/10???

Hi, /gg/!
I just got my new guitar! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

my.mixtape.moe/bpatqo.mp4

any canucks here want to recommend a noob a first acoustic guitar?

looking at the simon and patrick songsmith

Rad sounds, song???

I'm sure Seagulls are super cheap there. The S6 is probably the best value acoustic out there and definitely cheap enough used for a first guitar.

Current gear:
Cheap
Dream gear:
Expensive

I don't really pine for anything that fancy. I feel uncomfortable owning expensive/delicate things.

it's 400 at a shop

haven't been able to find any used yet.

there's a fender CD 60 AM NAT for 200 listed near me though... are they any good?

Has anyone ever tried to dial in a ping pong stereo delay?
Is it possible to do with a BOSS DD-500?

No idea. I'm just familiar with Seagull because my mom plays one.

You can do it with a DD-20 IIRC so I'm sure it's hidden somewhere in the 500.

Playing guitar made me want to suck dick really bad.

I actually think that was just you being a faggot, unrelated to the guitar.

Current gear:
Epiphone SG > Boss CS-3 > ProCo Turbo Rat > Boss DS-1 > MI Audio Pollyanna Octave > OBNE Procession > Akai Headrush II > Marshall Valvestate 80

Kinda tossing up which order to have the Procession and Headrush in. Is it better to delay the reverb or the other way around?

no no. i definitely recall these desires starting after picking up a guitar.

the seagull looks pretty good from what i can see online

made in canada is a nice touch

Unfilled wood grain triggers me

question guys/gals:

i live in a dorm and dont want to raise hell with my noob guitar practice, but i'd like a creative outlet.

can i practice proper strumming technique etc on an acoustic guitar without it getting too loud? or are they on the basic same volume all the time? especially if im working with a full size dreadnought

nice tiddies

cover the hole

I just saw a video of this on clean and it sounded beautiful, does anyone have any experience with them i.e. do the pickups handle hihg gain/fuzz from a Big Muff Pi well like any other guitar? Mostly just want to know if they are versatile in general.

play wonderwall

with what?

Paper and tape

Slack the strings and stuff a sweater through the hole. Covering the hole will help but there is still the hollow space to reverberate. Filling the chamber cuts the volume.

I dont need or have 2 but i want 2. Id like to learn to tune without a tuner first though. Just some rando shit i find that sounds cool, nothing in particular or thats flashy. One in drop C one in standard E so i dont have to do the hassle... I just wanna be able to if i have to

Or you can get one of these if you want to spend money.
guitarcenter.com/Sound-Hole-Covers.gc

I just cut out a piece of paper and tape it neatly.

thanks

idk if thats such a good idea tho

It is as legit as the paper trick I'm doing but it's more work though could look nicer if you have a nice sweater compared my ghetto-way.
You could also put cloth on the saddle, just before the strings meet the saddle.

Or play everything in palm mute lol

>single coils
>humbuckers
>short scale
>semihollow
>different tremolo systems
>different wiring
need more?

>wiring
What does this mean?

Im vaguley interested

What made you start playing, user? No wrong answers

My parents got me a pawn shop guitar when i was 12 and i learned 2 songs and stopped for 8 years.

I heard God Is On the Radio's reprisal solo from QOTSA and thought it was the best fusion of blues, psych, and rock and roll id ever heard. I still blast that part every time it comes on. It was like finding a niche id always been looking for, and i bought a guitar and equipment a month later after a shitload of research into QOTSA's sound (found the general along the way)

Its now my goal to get that kind of performance and feeling to a moderate sized live audience at least once

Also id like people to boogie

Your turn

out of phase wiring, killswitches, coil tap/split, special coil combinations...

Waaaa I want to learn a song so badly but its so hard ive been on it for over a week and havent even finished the third bar of tab

Inherited grandpa's guitar. Now I just his other one and I can die happy

my father always wanted me to play an instrument, anything i want. my answer was always drums but they always pretended to not have heard it. then some day i said i want to play guitar and 2 weeks later i got my first guitar and amp. i was 8 years old iirc.

>I want to learn
>tab
chk'd

The scientific method of guitar learning and general memorization:

1. One bar at a time. Lay down and close your eyes. Play slowly first until you complete bar at what you think the tempo is. Work your fingers until you can do it decently. (Skippable if you have no problems getting around a fret board)
2. Sit up and do it again, eyes open. This is cool because seeing myself doing it gives me a confidence boost. "My bitch slappers couldnt do this last time i looked"
3. Do it again standing up.
4. Repeat for 4-6 bars daily (or until end of sections/parts). Each time you add a bar, you preface it with the bar(s) you learnes before.

how can I learn to play without looking at the frets all the time?

Look at your right hand. Rhythm is just as important. Muscle memory will guide you increasingly with practice of a song. Not looking at the guitar at all is something pros cant even do

made a passing mention to my mum that i was interested, and she got me a guitar that christmas (2006)

always thought I'd eventually move onto electric but turns out I prefer acoustic, I don't play at all the sorta stuff I'd imagined myself playing before getting the guitar

Maybe in the older Schecter models ? I haven't tried any of their old ergs but their old 6 I tried had a stupidly thick neck. Radius will be small though.

I want three.
H/S/S; JM Singlecoil/S/JM Singlecoil; Vigier Surfreter
Ideally the two first one would be either 7 or 8 strings, but I have no idea who makes extended range 7 string JM pickups.

Darkglass B7K.
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ
Also the bass tone on this album is fat af
youtube.com/watch?v=Kli8SAeE2M0

my friend played black metal on his acoustic guitar and when I tried playing his guitar I thought it was cool, so I went ahead and bought a cheap guitar.
Also I'm vastly better than that friend now, because he doesn't practice. Not that I'm pretentious, he just isn't that good.

Post favorite guitarists

thanks, onii-san

Good choice

This or howlin' wolf because he was sloppy and its hilarious. I mean that in a good way

>Not looking at the guitar at all is something pros cant even do

99% of non disabled pros

How can you play the guitar without looking before even practicing the song

>What made you start playing
I used to mess around with my dad's acoustic guitar when I was young by laying it flat on my lap and fretting and strumming with just my thumbs. He was excited to get me learning so he bought me a little 3/4 size acoustic. I always saw it as a toy and never wanted to properly learn anything. Until Guitar Hero 2 came out many years later. It's lame, but that's what sparked my interest

?

Any pedalboard power supplies that handle more than 12 9V pedals?

Thought about it after i posted

Edit:
Step 0: bumblefuck your way through 1 bar until you at least know the notes youre going to play in that bar.

know your fretboard
and I don't mean just "know what note you're hearing and playing", I mean know your guitar's neck so good you can feel where you are just from the width of the neck and the tension of your string

You sound like a loser

Other than the Walrus Audio Phoenix one

what is this, fucking alesana

the proper term is Nerd you filthy poseur

I stopped drawing for a year after falling into a rut, and I no longer had a creative outlet. I originally wanted to learn bass because I wanted to do some crazy funk slap shit, but never brought it up to my parents about getting one.
Then my best friend started playing and wanted me to join his shitty highschool metalcore band and I thought "ye sure"
>i was also extremely envious of this dude who played our teachers guitar in class and I wanted to be better than him

clyp.it/wrlkykyy
i found the wrong time to post this riff as a guess the riff thingie
easy mode i guess

Ugh, lads I literally JUST bought a used bass from a private seller on CL the other day, and later that SAME DAY a slightly used MIM Fender Strat (about a yr. old, no damage) pops up for 300.

I want it so bad because it has the aesthetics I like; I've played the same one at GC and it was great, but can't justify it for their price of 599 (not even at their sale price of 100 cheaper, either). It'd be the perfect template for me to mod as well with my ideas.

And you might be thinking "just get it!" Well I'd be over budget then plus I'm travelling this weekend so I need some money.

Comfort me, /gg/

>I'm travelling this weekend
faggot

Does building guitar pedals make you want to become a woman?

Theres a bunch of transexuals in pedal building I noticed
Devi Ever, Frantone Fran, the lead dude at Earthquaker, there was some other dude way back in the 90s I remember one of the first boutique people

Is this a good deal?

donedeal.ie/guitars-for-sale/fender-strat/13410270

irish racist

Is it worth buying this Epiphone Special II if I can get for under $150 in my local currency?

>donedeal.ie/guitars-for-sale/fender-strat/13410270

>Nip made
>90s QC

No

I build my own and I have no desire to pretend I'm the opposite sex.

Maybe they didn't have proper ventilation and inhaled too much lead solder fumes.

Yes its a good deal. Looks like a 62 reissue

yeah but those transexuals make really good pedals

well devi ever ones are complete garbage but sound cool enough to override the horrible stickers and soldering

>tfw playing on a electric after only using acoustic guitars

It feels so smooth and easy

wat

I thought the Japanese made great Fenders?

Would this be comparable to a mim or a squire? I already have a 90's Korean LP custom which is pretty decent so I think it would be a nice match.

>I thought the Japanese made great Fenders?
That was my impression, too. Not quite MIA but better than MIM

For an assignment for class we have to write a letter to a company and to get an A you have to get something back for free

I'm thinking of doing something guitar related. Any gear companies I should try? Would I be pushing my luck if I wrote a letter to Ibanez or fender or schecter or something like that?

Yes, talk to dunlop or planet waves and see if you can get some plectrums

i should build pedals

JMs are beautiful user yes, hopefully the indie-fag-must-play-offset-omg meme will die out soon.

The Jazzmaster loves high gain pedals, the string length will give you lots of really cool overtones depending on the fuzzes you use. They can do surf tones, alt tones and really nice clean neck sounds so I would say they're pretty versatile, not as much as a HSS Strat though.

Do play one before getting one cause it takes a long time to get used to the bridge and the neck, most people even prefer swapping out the bridge to one of their liking. Also it does generate a lot of hum when using one pickup since they're single coils.

>Does building guitar pedals make you want to become a woman?

yes actually

Cliff Burton blew my mind away with his bass solos and then I found punk and noise rock and I knew I wanted to be able to make some nice ass noise like that.

I told me parents I wanted to play an instrument since finishing middle school, but since they were busy with their divorce and we lived in a 3rd world country learning arts was not important to them cause I had to learn something that would translate into a 9-5 job. After I got expelled from high school and had to get a job I bought my first electric bass and started getting taught by an older friend who played jazz in my free time.

I learned a little from my grandpa when I was a kid but stuck with clarinet cause i was good. My dad played accordion and my mom was a drummer. My grandpa and dad died. Became depressed for a summer. I really liked Alice in Chains so I decided to do something less faggy than mope around. Now I make alt-country and play power pop.

>devi ever
>literally didn't pay taxes to have penis cut off
>had to sell company due to Console fiasco and taxes
>started shit with Billy Corgan (ugh) because of an anecdote about him not wanting to have sex with a tranny that fooled him into getting in bed with him
>started making (super shitty) indie videogames and blogging loudly about gamergate
>is now making pedals again

please just shoot me

wtf I love Smashing Pumpkins now

I had to look this up and found an article where people are seriously calling Corgan a skinhead.

the top-most bone in my pinky finger hurts like a motherfucker whenever i press on the tip

what the fuck gives? i'm getting flashbacks to my guitar teacher who lost control of his pinky due to practicing too much too fast

finger aids

thats probably whats happening to you right now

but i'm not practicing too much rreee

It's a shame you didn't get drums. Drums are the best

billy corgan had sex with devi ever?

i thought billy corgan got really buttblasted because he paid devi ever like 300 bucks to make him a fuzz pedal and when he got it he didn't like it and then shit blood all over because he was all buttblasted he spent 300 dollars for a shitty fuzz pedal

Please help me /gg/

is this your first guitar? its going to be fine youll upgrade later anyway.

Anyone have recs for a simple open chord song? I have to play a song along to the music in an hour or so and I want something nice and easy to just churn out. I was thinking maybe NMH or REM just for simplicity's sake but I was wondering if you guys knew anything both equally simple and also very easy

only if it's your first guitar

I will never not like Jazzmasters.
It's the indie bullshit inside me.

No no.

devi was riding the whole "this pedal will make you sound like SP" until eventually Billy Corgan got wound of it and decided to try out the pedals, he liked them so he gets devi to make him a pedal

devi being the talentless hack she is gets another pedal maker to make the pedal for her from an idea she drafted up

sometime after delivering the pedal Billy Corgan is interviewed and he talks about a time where some (other) tranny tricked him into getting in bed w/ him and how he freaked and shoved the tranny or something, devi finds out and takes it personally for some and starts writing shit all over twitter and facebook

Corgan reacts by calling devi pig disgusting (I shit you not) and calling off their agreement and saying that she has no talent and literally paid someone else to design the pedal for him

I guess the punchline is that devi had to sell the company due to ineptitude and Corgan now manages the shittiest wrestling company in history

Yea, first electric. I'm sorta poor and can't really spend shit tons to get something decent to start new

My parents have played in bands for a long time, and I really liked music, but I was about 11 when a close friend of mine brought fucking Guitar Hero 1 from London (it hadn't come out where I lived).

Not only was is really fun to play, I got to hear a lot of cool rock songs for the first time as well as getting hit with that first cheesy "rock and roll superstar" vibe all little kids love.

I started out on the guitar, sucked hard, and went on to drums, my main instrument. About 1 year ago I picked up the guitar again so that I could write some songs on my own. It's an instrument where I'd really like to excel at, in the future.

How can I achieve the sound of DFA1979 with a standard amp stack? I want to create the kind of screaming and fuzz of Jesse's bass without ruining two shitty amps all the time.

Patrician

what does the smoke pedal do?

Look for a pacifica instead, yamaha makes great guitars for beginners and cheap epiphones tend to have a lot of problems

NMH for sure

those are pretty shit
pacificas as said are pretty nice.

where are you from?

>fell for le tribal tattoo meme
i doubt those things will be "cool" again anytime soon

It's a bass fuzz, a modified Zvex Woolly Mammoth schematic.

It sounds like throat cancer.

South Hobbitland, NZ

Everything is expensive as shit for instruments locally

Thinking about getting a Jackson Adrian Smith signature model.
Are they any good?

>Would this be comparable to a mim or a squire?

It'll be way better.

you absolutely need a solid-state amp, try finding an old Acoustic head like a 270 or a 450 or something and crank it up. or one of those old ass Peavey Mark III's

He doesn't really use fuzz so much as he just really really overdrives his amps

You're also gonna need a chorus pedal and a wah

i know that feel
pacifica 112 is a great starter model, if there isn't one available squier standards are nicer than those epis imo

I saw a cheap pacifica awhile back and I still kick myself for not jumping on it. I was probably pretty strapped for cash then

They show up pretty often. Just be aware that pacifica is a pretty broad line of guitars. The cheapest ones are still great bang for the buck, but don't expect too much. They look nice compared to strats too.

fantastic

I heard that he faces the amps toward eachother to create the max overdrive, any way to work around that? Or a way to avoid having the amps blow out too quickly?

chill, they aren't rare or anything
they're just a little better than other starter guitars in my experience, but anything not total shit will do for learning

Also what's the best bass for this sound? I'm pretty sure my Rick would be too clean sounding.

you could use an overdrive pedal with very little headroom, I'd recommend a DS-1 since it sounds like shit or a Moog Drive

again, most of his sound comes from the fact that they're overdriven solid state amps being played through shitty speakers

uhm a Rick is pretty much what he used...

Noted, thanks. I'm writing this all down.

I'm pretty sure I'very seen him use some kind of Fender mostly. Maybe I'm having a memory lapse.

>signature
no

It's pretty much a Charvel but with Jackson's name in it, I saw it being played at a store and it sounded very nice. You might need to think about wanting the Floyd Rose bridge first since they're hard to maintain.

>You might need to think about wanting the Floyd Rose bridge first since they're hard to maintain.

lol

Why are some people so averse to signature models?

What's the alternatives of EHX Freeze? Or what pedals include the same functionality?

Im a beginner and i find it really hard to keep up with changing cords and finger picking at the same time how do i "fix" this problem?

Yes. They last longer and feel better under my fingers because of the coating. The acoustic ones are too expensive though.

play slow and work your way faster

you practice

also what are the things i need to learn right at the beggining, im kinda lost learning by myself

All of you spoiled little shits.
My parents gave me a Target First Act $20 toy guitar at age 10 after I begged for a Squier and then told me I wasn't allowed to play it in the house. I actually learned to play on that piece of shit. Didn't get my first strat copy until age 12.

I'm sure I'll get shit for this, but I was really into John Mayer as a teen and his acoustic EP is what ultimately led me to getting my first guitar. My older brother had already been playing so I fucked around with his squier strat, but it wasn't until I got my first acoustic a few months later that I really started taking it seriously.

Not as bad as learning with a mexican $10 plywood acoustic guitar

It's not always practical, but sometimes practicing each hand individually before trying both simultaneously can help: practice holding the problematic chords for a few seconds, play them just to make sure you're getting a clean sound but otherwise don't bother with the right hand. Then start practicing the transitions between them, begin slower, one finger at a time and then start trying to do it faster.
For the right hand just practice the picking patterns over the open strings or a chord.

And of course, always practice on a slow tempo you're comfortable with and then work your way to faster speeds.

Post your pick.

thanks for the advice

What are some fun songs for a begginer to play? Maybe songs that you played when you started out
I'm alright with barre chords

>guitar wankery
>no wind instruments

Just got my first stompbox and figured out it's actually mono. Does that mean I need to buy another one if I want stereo? Or are there stereo stompboxes as well?

Huh

what

only a few stompboxes are stereo not all of em m8

Anything The Cure, like Just like Heaven or Boys don't Cry

What are you doing

Most Tom Petty is easy as fuck. Free Fallin' has 3 shit easy chords repeated over and over for the entire song.
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison is easy as piss too.

please stop

Just get a Fender.

With signature models you're paying out the ass for nothing more than the name on the headstock. Sometimes as much as 1000+ extra for the name on it.

Lay Some Happiness On Me by Eddie Arnold, it's literally just G C and D7

I emailed the guy about this Japanese strat, he says in the ad it needs some work but I know a pretty good luthier

I bought this recently. How did I do?

I love that guitar, so easy to play
How much did you pay for it?

No store around me sells sharp triangle tortex (delrin) picks so I took one of the standard ones with my favorite thickness and shaped it to this.

$820.
It plays like a literal dream and arched top RGs should be the new standard.

Don't listen to the other guys you can definitely do that.

But first you need a pedal that lets you split the signals like this one.

sweetwater.com/store/detail/M196

So you would run your guitar into this box, then 2 cables into the two pedals and then into the amp. Actually let me draw it for you.

This is an example of how you could set up a stereo setup with the pedal you have. You have to get 2 or more if you want the same sound to go 2 amps.

>nobody tried to guess the riff
is my playing that bad
clyp.it/wrlkykyy

Boss tuners have two outputs. I know that's not stereo. You could make extra outputs with three jacks and some wire. The buffer inside some pedals will help getting signal to both outs.

Pretty cool, thanks.

So /gg/, say I need help figuring out a solo by ear (no tabs, I've looked). Would be okay to ask here? I don't browse Cred Forums very often.

post solo and shut up

the influence is there but musicians show their influence all the time and its all a part of developing your style, I wouldn't worry about it

>those metal zones

kek

>that Iron Label RG
I own the non trem version. The killswitch gets me everytime. It's completely worthless as a killswitch because it's a switch and not a button.
Not sure why Ibanez still uses that one.

youtu.be/u_zuLGYzd-U?t=127
>inb4 weebshit
It's a nice tune and I'd like to be able to play it.

>not available in my country
Well then

>Not available in your country

baka.

idk Bongripper something on hippie killer

holy shit, my new dream rig

>6x metal zone
>line 6
>confed flag

top zuz

those klon tones tho

literally 3 seconds searching
youtube.com/watch?v=O8KVfOpBsO0

next

>nigger
>weebshit
Can't say I'm surprised.

Need some advice, which is the best value for money Jazzmaster i can find????? played the road worn and i liked pretty much, so should i buy the Squier Vintage modified version better or wait until having more monies and go for it??? Haven´t play it as they didn´t have it in the store but they have it in the warehouse.

This post is satire.

H-hey, you've hijacked my request. Oh well, oddly enough, the song I want help with is also weebshit:

youtu.be/xKZ5MvX8tPQ?t=90

I found the initial progression kinda hard to figure out as I seem to have trouble listening out for the lower notes. Pic related is my take so far, I think it's close, but it sure ain't perfect. The tapping solo has me stumped as well, could use some help with that.

Indeed the killswitch is pretty much useless. I considered changing it for an actual button, but eh, I don't like the 'strobe' effect that much. It is handy to avoid hum while not playing, and that's about it.

Wait until you can afford one.The squire isn't worth it.

I buy old shitty basses, fix them, and sell them for profit.

I now have enough money to get two basses.

I've already identified my next 'project' bass but I want to get a good all-round comfy versatile one to keep and play as well.

What does /gg/ think of the P-bass special (horrible colours aside)?

J Mascis Jazzmaster is pretty great.

>Squire

read a book nigga

Im an offset guitar newbie so i didnt have listened offset guitars before. I guess is the road worn than the squier gonna be built better but what about sound??. Are the pups that different??? I played the jaguar VM which i though felt good and sounded okay but then the JM roadworn 60s blew it away in both playability (as expected) and sound.

>Im an offset guitar newbie so i didnt have listened offset guitars before

I heard the pickups are p90s in that one and not really JM pickups

i have hear them i guess but not really "listened" and played them with attention as the bands that usually use them doesn´t have usually anything interesting to say with them.

for 1000 bucks just get a Lacquer JM or try for a used AVRI or MIJ + pickup swap.

Correct, they still sound pretty ok and you can find AVRI Jazzmaster pickups for cheap.

I'm surprised someone with some knowledge of instrument repair would consider a fender over a chink p-bass. I also repair old instruments, I tend to work on expensive instruments a lot but my main axes are all sub $200.

If you just want something new and nice as sort of a treat for yourself, I'd go with musicman stingray. If you get the alnico pup they tend to cover a little more territory than a p-bass and are much more comfortable.

You have to be 18 to use this website, please fuck off

salty

I've heard good things about musicman's (musicmen?).

My uncle had a Fender that I played a bit as a kid, so maybe there's some nostalgia there.

I'll probably end up getting a gookbuilt P-bass and replacing the pickups just to save money, but I still kind of want the Fender.

MIMs aren't bad at all. It's just the quality control that sucks, provided you play it before you buy, you can get a damn good guitar for a steal

if you looked up cocaine in the dictionary...

Pff, only six strings

How much should I be looking to spend for a used MIM tele standard?

Some guy is asking $300 for a 2001 sunburst.

try learning the rhythm guitar parts to a song all the way through, and practice playing the whole way through

keep doing that until you have a decent little repertoire going. by then you'll be familiar with chords and you can start learning some scales to practice some fill licks, or just keep learning more and more challenging songs.

250-300 is pretty much standard fare for used MIM stuff.

bretty gud

>MIM

Made in 'Murica

>'Murcia
user please.

Yea

Doesn't matter IT HAS TO GO BACK

worst you're looking at is fretwork, everything else on a strat is easy to fix. Plenty of aftermarket parts.

>'Murcia

Did I fucking write " 'Murcia " you stupid pleb.

The key to not feeling like you're shortchanging yourself is to get a feature or specs not common or expensive in fenders. Maybe you want a 12" radius, a narrower bridge string spacing, or a 32" scale(great sound for Ps). A lot of Chinese P basses will stick to a "modern C" or "D" neck contour which is great for bass compared to fender C. There's certainly a huge variety of finishes and other cosmetic factors among the larger pool of instruments that is the combined versatility of every company that isn't fender.

I think any time you get a cheaper option you are going to get the impression at first, right or wrong, that you are shortchanging yourself. For me, I felt that pretty strongly so I was sure to improve my bass to the point that it outperforms fender. What I found when I did so is that it doesn't take much to get there at all.

So I was tasked with writing a "super generic" rock song for a low budget film a friend of mine is making. The scene this is for is a biker bar scene and will play in the background. Thoughts? Is this generic enough for a shitfilm?

vocaroo.com/i/s0xqzaShOFAR

things that piss you off about guitars
For me it's the E major and e minor strings. E major makes that buzzing sound when you strum it too hard and it makes me loose my rhythm. And e minor hurts like a bitch. I just started learning, and i'm having fun doing it, but holy shit is it annoying.

Guess I could get the frets polished cheap enough, havent heard back from him yet

I think you nailed it. Maybe the part where you sustain that chord should be longer and followed by another sustained chord rather than back into the rhythm. I assume you're gonna add drums or bass to this so normally you'd expect some sort of changeup from elsewhere. The drop lets the tension build longer which is more typical of classic rock. Eagles did this constantly.

That buzz means you either play jazz or your guitar's setup is ass.

Yeah there's gonna be drums, bass, and vocals. Thanks for the input senpai.

Kek I don't care what they are. You guys can write the lyrics for all I care.

That's an issue with you and your guitar, not with all guitars and guitarists. You're probably digging in too hard on the open E string and you might have some minor fret or nut problems.

no its literally just your guitar

DESU it probably is.

>tfw can't write generic bar rock like this

I actually kind of like it.

Used elixirs for 5 years. Then 4-5 sets in a row broke/wore down really quickly. Felt like their quality went to shit. The high E-string in particular broke multiple times from the tailpiece end which was weird to me.
Switched to D'addario NYXL's and they're great. Still miss the coating and the crazy long life elixirs used to have even tho NYXL's are great too. Never broke an nyxl string during the 6 months I've been playing with them.

I'm getting some Van Halen, Santana, and Eagles feels from this. I think you about nailed the feel.

She was hurting my heart
'Cause she looked so sweet

I don't care if you try to tease
I'm gonna take her down
Downtown
Downtown

You could tell right away
She was a bitch in heat

She don't know, that she got me
She's a block away
Downtown
Downtown

Aaannnddddd I have my lyrics.

I've got your OR15 user, ready to sell

>12" radius 32" scale modern-c

Pic related.

You've motivated me to out-build the Fender. Thanks user.

I own two Gibsons with humbuckers and a coil-splitable jazzmaster HH.
One Gibson at home, one at my bands rehearsal place. One is the main guitar during shows, the other is a backup.

JM for more Fender-y and single coil sounds. I use it all the time for recording.

Also the JM has the JM tremolo system, my SG has a Bigsby and my RD has the standard stop-bar tailpiece, which are all different.

Also guitars are beautiful and nice to have.

Idek user. I got mine for 70 used, and had it set up, it plays very well, sounds pretty good for what its price is. Fuck it, I say get it.

>He unironically wants a les-paul

You probably play a babby hand indie jingle jangle shitpiece

clyp.it/tjacv3cg

>Having to change tuning and intonation and truss rod every time you want to play in a different tuning

>Only having one style of pickups

Yeah what a loser, he want's a guitar with great sound and good looks that has good playability and is reliable.

Man, he could be playing with a cheap chinese Ibenhad crap like you do. What a shame

>browsing classifieds for cheapies
>click promising link
>see this shit

wew

lol what

i understand

But I dont

What guitar?

You wanna sing on the track? How bluesy can you get your voice? I only got paid $500 to do this but I can kick you some of the cash.

The best there ever was.

The one I got is a fender m.i.c. acoustic. A Gemini II I think the model. The one I'm trying to obtain is a Gibson 1996 es 175 reissue.

Nah man, just wanted to demo how I more or less pictured the vocals. I can get pretty bluesy after I warm up but I don't own a decent mic.

>only room for 3 pedals
lol

That's not a problem. I can just add a filter that makes it sound like you're singing through a harmonica mic. If you wanna do it there's $200 in it for you seeing as you wrote the lyrics and all.

>Les Paul
>Good looks
>Great sound
>Implying I play Ibenshit

Washburn masterrace.

Recording King RPH-05.

need help identifying this strat. fender stopped making it a while back and I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere by a model name. Only found some crappy photos online.

Well shit. I'll give it a try after warming up and doing a couple takes. It'll be pay what you want, when you want as well. I wouldn't want you investing into this before you get payed in case the guy flakes out. Let me know if you want another verse or an amendment to the lyrics while I get ready. I'll probably amend the lyrics a tad as well. I understand that as background music they are not so crucial but hey, I have fun with it.

I might be wrong but that does not look like something fender would make

Reverse image search shows results for "fender strat without pickguard"

I've never seen a fender guitar with a flame top its always some shitty paint, unless this was some kind of experiment

Alright lads. So I tried to modify my Dunlop crybaby, and I used the simple true bypass/led guides you see all over inline to figure out how to solder and also get something I want done for my pedalboard. Although the LED works fine, the wet signal simply makes a screechy white noise when the wah is withdrawn, and it goes away when I push it to its down position. I believe I did a good job, and I don't think it's broken. Care to help at all? Thanks in advance

Doesn't look like a fender at all to me. There's nothing on the headstock?

They definitely made it, it's a real Fender product. But I recall it was very short lived.

I can't seem to find a pic of the headstock. I'm going to look at one second hand later today, it's a good price but I want to be educated on it before I make any decisions.

Looks like something Kramer'd make.

did you just botch the 3pdt switch wiring?

poast schematic and mods

Someone please persuade me that my 330 is better than the 325

I was looking at people playing the 325 and I kinda wish I bought a second Hand one instead of this 330

youtu.be/kqyFsuC9fk4

Here is another pic. I know it's basically just the first one sideways but I am beating my head against a wall trying to find info on it.

Yeah sounds good. Send the file to [email protected]

Keep in mind I live in Denmark so response might be a little late for you if you live in US.

Found a hss version

Very close! 60th anniversary would have been about the right time period that I last saw these pop up. I'm gonna do some searching around that keyword.

Multimeter verified all the switch connections were ok

Ha, I think I found it. It looks like a 2005/2006 'special edition'. Fender had a 1-2 year fling with using no pick guards on strats.

curl of the burl

what are you playing on? sounds like industrial metal aka garbage

>the patrician choice

Turn off at least 4 of your MT-2's and try again.

How much did you pay for the 330?
I've been looking for one at a decent price.

are you playing with more than 2 pedals?

you made the wrong choice. i made a similar decision with a $500 gretsch over a $400 version. really just paid to have the pearly frets because i thought it looked better

330 is a higher number.

is there a tonal difference between cutaway and full body acoustic guitars?

Anyone have one of these on the reissue? I really love the look.

the problem with these diagrams is that the switch is square. Electrically it matters which direction you face the lugs. So make sure you didn't face it 90* off.

what the fuck is that

I KILLED A MAN CAUSE HE KILLED MY GOAT

You're putting an unnecessary rest in there by the way

Bought this a week ago. Funnest guitar I have ever played :)

>muh djent
>muh 20+ strings

'61 Les Paul Sideways Vibrato with the tail piece removed

I'm fairly certain I did it correctly, horizontally

I found the issue! It was a poor connection here. I just dont know how to put the wire in there.... Any help?

Forgot image

Fixed it. Thanks lads