youtu.be/Hwe7OHxPABI
youtu.be/o61PVkg7dzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn Kurt Cobain got old.

and he stayed in 4 stars the rest of his life

eddievedderin20years.jpg

Hey, Neil is one of his heroes.

literally who

I don't really like Neil Young anymore, he's lost his creativity and just uses music as a template for him to bitch about things he's bitter about in a really unoriginal way. This is coming from someone who has an obsessive knowledge about his life and career and was inspired by him as a person in my youth. It's incredible disheartening to see what old age has done to a lot of people I've looked up to in my life. I guess this is what thirty-forty years of people kissing your ass and calling you a legend will do to you. He also doesn't seem to have a problem with writing off autistic people as the result of pesticides, even though autism is probably the reason why he still does stupid fucking bullshit like making entire albums about Monsanto and charging six hundred dollars for a music player that makes no sense and only shows how little he knows about digital music.

>I don't really like Neil Young anymore, he's lost his creativity and just uses music as a template for him to bitch about things he's bitter about in a really unoriginal way

You know who else that sounds like? George Carlin.

>and charging six hundred dollars for a music player that makes no sense and only shows how little he knows about digital music
I think he forgot how most people in the 70s didn't listen to music on high quality equipment, but very often tinny portable AM radios or cheap department store turntables. He has a rose-tinted romanticism about the audio gear of that time which doesn't correspond to reality.

George Carlin? Why? And who do you consider a good comedian, besides the obvious (Monty Python)?

>George Carlin? Why?

Do you know anything about Carlin's last 10 years? He was just a grouchy, get-off-my-lawn old jerk complaining about everything.

It would be hard for anyone to top the sheer in-the-gut force of those 70s records like On The Beach and Tonight's The Night, recorded when he was struggling with depression.

Why did you ignore the second part of my question? That's what I'm more interested in.

I don't really have a "favorite" comedian, I just said Neil Young reminds me of Carlin at the end when he was just using his stand-up act as a vehicle for whatever he was butthurt at.

youtube.com/watch?v=1LTiKJlB62g

Eh, I'm nonplussed. For a guy in as much pain as he apparently was, he doesn't quite inject it into his music. I mean, damn, if I were suicidally depressed, I'd expect more loud, heavy riffs, frenzied solos, death metal screaming, etc.

Let's be honest--Last Resort is a much more effective song at conveying the feelings of a depressed, suicidal individual.

You must be 18 to use this website.

Are you actually being serious?

That's kind of what Time Fades Away was, the first installment of the ditch trilogy, done when everything started going to shit. The brief piano ballads are strikingly beautiful in the context of the more bleak, abysmal electric tracks that dominate the record. It's actually my favorite album out of the ditch trilogy, and, in my opinion, his best album. Too bad he can only see it through the lens of his emotions at the time and can't see it for the masterwork that it is.

>complains about neil young not expressing himself well enough
>posts one of the greatest most beautiful neil young songs

It is compared with Neil's 80s albums where he's mostly just dicking around and trying to annoy David Geffen as much as humanly possible.

Come on, Landing On Water was good and you know it.

Which Neil Yong albums should I get into? He has like 42 albums it's hard to just listen to all of them.
I've only listened to some of his popular works on youtube.

None of his Greatest Hits compilations feature more than like 1-2 songs from the 80s.

It depends, who are some of your favourite artists?

For what it's worth, I think every album from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere to Zuma is worth a listen.

keep listening to after the gold rush, every song (except maybe one) is beautiful
then on the beach, harvest

Lucky Thirteen consists entirely of tracks from his Geffen era.
Broken Arrow is among his best work with Crazy Horse, it really depicts Crazy Horse in their rawest form, and the album has an organic and ethereal atmosphere. The first three tracks on there are musically some of his most polarizing tracks and contain some of his more involved musical passages, and at times sound ghostly, with the vocals fading in and out of focus. There are moments on that album that evoke a feeling of being half lucid. Even the more straightforward tracks on the second half have this sort of ghostly, mystical essence. I really can't speak highly enough about this album, it's hugely underrated.

>Neil Young's fading away instead of burning out
POETRY

the message doesn't deserve this crappy song

Wow...

Give the man a break he's had to give up the ganj

after the gold rush is undoubtedly his best, don't let anyone tell you other wise.

after that you should listen to on the beach, rust never sleeps, everybody knows this is nowhere, harvest, and whatever you want after that.

also watch the last waltz if you haven't already

youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q

post favourite songs

youtube.com/watch?v=Vef03k5i8VI&ab_channel=WarnerBros.Records

GOAT pop song

youtube.com/watch?v=ELakJxPiieU

I love his short 'pop' songs, like
Love In Mind youtu.be/OFjqKSR-HlY
Till the Morning Comes youtu.be/Hwe7OHxPABI
My Heart youtu.be/o61PVkg7dzc

It makes you appreciate the songs more when they're 2 minutes or under - and it also means when he does a 9 minute song it's completely necessary and considered

I'm gonna update this chart with new releases, lives & compilations, any comments?

Amazing, good job.

that's a really really good chart. cheers