Does anyone still make music with heavy guitars (and optionally guitar solos)?

Does anyone still make music with heavy guitars (and optionally guitar solos)?

Basically stuff like Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Ten-era Pearl Jam, etc.

Or perhaps more recently, bands like Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Creed, Three Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, Staind, Seether, Daughtry, Nickelback, etc. which lack the guitar solos but still feature the heavy guitars.

I remember there was an band called Airbourne about a decade ago which was basically a carbon copy of AC/DC.

Basically I'm talking about anything more heavy than say, the Beatles or Matchbox 20.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxE6kaNuNB8
youtube.com/watch?v=4qHeC4h4ckY
youtube.com/watch?v=YFSP_n3llTU
youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I
youtube.com/watch?v=m1gqZRHLnVU
youtube.com/watch?v=1PWhMXgrxUk
youtube.com/watch?v=q8e3pv6MKjw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=IxE6kaNuNB8
Published on March 17, 2016

Avenged Sevenfold is probably the most currently popular band doing that style, with flashy solos and everything, but they're not very good.

>mfw OP has never heard of metal

>Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Creed, Three Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, Staind, Seether, Daughtry, Nickelback
You've provided enough rope to hang yourself here

youtube.com/watch?v=4qHeC4h4ckY
Published on March 6, 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=YFSP_n3llTU

youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I
Published on Aug 18, 2016

Um.... wow. I didn't think it was at all possible to be this new. Just.. wow. Is this your first time here? Or are you just a complete and utter fucking retard?

youtube.com/watch?v=m1gqZRHLnVU
Published on March 12, 2015

Everyone in the future will regard Nickelback as patrician. Screenshot this.

Most of the "recent-ish" heavy bands I listed are alternative metal. I also like SOAD, RATM, Korn, and Tool for example (although the latter two are more nu metal which is a subgenre of alternative metal).

If you go back a few more years then grunge metal was pretty awesome but it's pretty much dead as a genre. I like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Candlebox, Audioslave, etc. as well as regular grunge which tends to be quite heavy as well. One of the more obscure grunge metal bands I like is Mother Love Bone.

And before alternative metal and nu metal and grunge metal, there was glam metal which was the first type of metal to emerge from the original heavy metal/hard rock of the 70s. There are too many bands in that scene for me to list here but the 80s were probably a time when hard rock/metal and guitar solos were at its golden age.

So yes, I love metal - along with many other music genres such as pop and rap, but while those are still well and alive, metal/hard rock seems to be quite lacking these days - hence this thread :)

They're a bit of a step down I agree and as a group they tend to sound the same, yes but so did the glam metal acts of the 80's. There doesn't seem to be any new players in the scene which is a shame. And many older bands (e.g. Puddle of Mudd and Staind) haven't released anything for a long time or disbanded. :(

oh fuck, I got the quotes mixed the wrong way round lol.

Is this a new pasta?

Thank you. I will make sure to give these songs a listen. :)

my pleasure, hope you find something you like

Maybe try going backwards and seeing the bands that influenced those bands?

Try The Wipers, The Melvins and Mudhoney

Also Electric Wizard sounds up your alley probably

>Linkin Park
>bad

When wil this meem end?

although the melvins are still going strong. They've put out two albums this year. You want heavy guitars? You got it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1PWhMXgrxUk
youtube.com/watch?v=q8e3pv6MKjw

Damnit I just called Tool nu metal. That should have been Limp Bizkit. Tool of course is alternative metal. Also I forgot industrial metal (e.g. NIN) which was also popular in the 90s. It was never as big as alternative metal and again, very few guitar solos but lots of heavy guitars throughout. And Godsmack should be there as well although they're just plain alternative metal.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of the Melvins and Modhoney but am not really familiar with the other two. There are probably many older "heavy" bands which I don't know about yet (although I feel I know most of the major ones by now).

These niggas True Widow but it's like softly heavy.

This board is 18+

oh really? new album on Friday

>still telling people Linkin Park is a bad band to make you feel good about your "true patrician taste"
>18+ board
Ya better scoot then little man