Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rdQSP7Dhck
twitter.com/AnonBabble

couple good songs rest were trash

worldstar is one of his worst songs

It wasn't.
It was, is, and always will be shit.

You mean so overrated?

I like it but it's not THAT underrated desu. Average 6/10. Fav: Sweatpants.

I think if he removed Crawl and Worldstar it would have been a lot better received.

Two shit songs so early in the album must have put a lot of people off.

It only gets good from The Worst Guys.

why the fuck was "desu" changed to "desu". What is this sorcery??

fuck me

I've never understood why people like this album as much as people do
Then again people won't stop talking about j cole either so I guess normies just like boring poprap

kek t b h

I'm a monkey, I can't figure that out by myself. didn't know "to be honest" acronym was filtered tho

garbage 'white girl turn up' tumblr-core, hashtag rap shit

oh come on, it's FINE

you mean overrated right?

What instrument does he play again?

He sounds like someone trying to copy Kanye. But that's fine with me, musically speaking he's better to listen to than Big Sean. Not saying he's as good of a rapper/lyricist but I feel like he uses his inexperience to his advantage.

Really inconsistent; some parts of the album show brilliance (the first half of shadows, urn, pink toes) while others are actually terrible (the worst guys, crawl). Overall, it's ok.

I don't know but I used to shit on this album all the time until I actually sat down and listened to it in full.

I honestly think its one of the best hip hop albums of this decade.

Oh it sucks, you're just stupid.

why does the second half of shadows exist

I'm all for dramatic switch ups ala Kanye but it ruins the song meng

It's a very good album. Most of the animosity I've seen toward it are from people who just refused to really give him a chance after Camp. They normally say that the P4K review of Camp has nothing to do with it, but they're full of shit and they just don't want to admit it.

BTI is an album you appreciate later on after its release because Glover put so much work into not just crafting a world/concept for the album, but actually bringing it into the real world as well. Through interviews, random Tweet sprees, Reddit and hiphop forum trolling, the clapping for the wrong reasons short film, secrets that could be found in the code of his sites, and his Deep Web tour. STN MTN/Kauai. I feel like whether you like the album or not, you should at least appreciate the time, work, and effort he put into it to make it more than just an album. It was an era in his career.

Who knows though, I'm just some douchebag who listened to this album way too much and studied it a lot longer than I am proud to admit.

It was solid, think the reviews ruined it. Not sure why else it would get the hate it does other than the overblown film concept

>the entire second side
>pop rap

Admit it, you haven't even listened to the album have you?

youtube.com/watch?v=4rdQSP7Dhck

Frank's Blonde album sounds like one of the arcs in BTI.

Fuck, the album is fantastic and you're right.

Exactly my thoughts, currently listening to him on repeat as I'm seeing him live come new year and I always skip those two trash songs

>doesn't realize the vulgarity of his language

First half of shadows is his best song ever. don't know why he added some bullshit Kanye change up at the end, was fucking perfect

Shadows, Urn, Flight of the Navigator, Pink Toes, and Telegraph Ave are all very beautiful tracks. Remember when I heard Flight of the Navigator live. I choked up.

pitchfork and fantano drones don't want to admit they're pitchfork and fantano drones. this album is fun and creative as hell

cuz niggas wasnt ready

/thread