Reddit's posting their favorite albums. >

Reddit's posting their favorite albums. >reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/53hvgl/what_are_some_of_your_1010_albums/
Do they have taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.icheckmovies.com/lists/reddit top 250/?showall=true
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/53jwlh/what_is_your_favorite_board_on_Cred
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/53hvgl/what_are_some_of_your_1010_albums/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who cares, fuck off

>lol reddit likes mainstream music, isn't that so hilarious!!!

yeah that's embarrassing, but there are worse things 15 year olds could be listening to

like Death Grips

None of the albums they listed are an objective 10/10, aside from Revolver, Kind of Blue, or very very debatably Is This It.

As far as taste, it's normie but it's not like they really picked "bad" albums or anything.

Don't know, don't care. Why are you telling me about this? If I wanted to know what reddit likes I'd check out reddit, you dumb fuck.

Why is reddit permanently 16 years old? These are all so entry level and they never seem to evolve

it's mostly because people who actually have insight to comment know they will be wasted on the masses. it's a symptom of the upvote system

Go ahead Cred Forums. Name your 10/10 albums.

why

You can't get anymore plen than that list.

DR. STRANGELOVE OR HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB.
Am I doing it right? XD

well it says a lot about Cred Forums, which just consists of people circlejerking over the same 10 albums. if you dont like that one talking heads album or that one my bloody valentine album, youre not part of the club.

its funny because theres a whole world of music out there and people seek approval on an anonymous posting imageboard by telling themselves they have to like the handful of albums the rest of Cred Forums have a raging hard-on for.

atleast at reddit theres not much pretentiousness about what constitutes good music. you like what you like at the end of the day

Cred Forumscore is not any better than redditcore

actual music fans listen to classical

while it's true that Cred Forums in general always talks about the same 10 albums at any given time, individual taste in general is not limited to those 10 albums

lol kys

an underrated gem called "slint - spiderland"

Lel it cracks me up how pissed off people get when I DONT LYKE THREAD GUYZ HURRRRRRRRR

proving his point

Well most of listed albums are frequently posted on Cred Forums so I don't know what you're laughing at.

hahamad

>you like what you like at the end of the day
i wish that would be fine with most people

who?

True. It's just strange to not see those 10 albums in that thread. Also, it's really strange to see people calling some of these 6 or 7/10 albums 10/10. Some of these picks are just down right cringey, but some are genuinely interesting choices. What a strange place the internet is.

i guess a lot of people associate music to a time or place for them in life, which isn't in itself a bad thing. but they often don't think critically about what they like in music, so they never dig deeper

ha ha mad boi !

After looking at that thread, I can say that you're absolutely right. All of the albums listed are either albums that are considered nostalgic or generic answers like ok computer/kid a that you would expect to see in any thread like this. On here in chart threads you'll see top picks for favorite albums are probably apart of Cred Forums core, but you'll probably also see other strange albums you might have never heard of before that are actually interesting to listen to. Whereas on reddit you'll just see albums by bands that are popular or surface level within a genre of music. So you're totally right, user. I guess they really don't dig any deeper.

They have better taste in music than they do film, I can say that much

don't they mostly like saving private ryan and forrest gump?

Moving Pictures is a good album but not a 10/10...

delete this

>this is not any beter that that
>but this is

alrite lads

why do people on reddit talk like this? no one on Cred Forums would ever write this kind of shit

the easy answer? they're faggots

/tg/ fags would

>Is This It
>even close to the musical heights of kind of blue or revolver

Kek. It's literally an overblown average garage rock revival album

because they are normies. here on the Cred Forums you have the privilege of being able to call people who type like that faggots. being the normies they are, they arent used to being insulted like that on the internet. so they all flock to reddit to be with their own kind where they can post retarded shit like pic related and upvote eachother. an even more interesting thing is if you browse something like /r/Cred Forums. a subreddit like that attracts normies who arent quite autistic enough to visit Cred Forums, yet they want to make themselves feel like they are. so they try to talk like they are on Cred Forums but end up sounding like even bigger faggots than they normally would.

If you asked Cred Forums as a whole what their favorite albums are you'd probably get similar responses.

Go look at the /r/indieheads essentials list, it's more or less the same as the Cred Forumscore stuff that gets posted here.

Get over yourself. You're not special because you browse a different website to shitpost about memes.

holy fucking shit dude

if you refer to yourself as an indiehead you should kill yourself, that alone makes this website better

Oh my. Lots.

Oh, my. Lots.

>Kind of Blue
>not the most basic Jazz album in existence
saying it's your favorite jazz album is like saying "idc about jazz"

what did they mean by this?

to be fair I don't think Cred Forums would come up with anything better

and frankly reddit-core is not far removed from Cred Forumscore

I believe it's ironic

You know, like 90% of posts on Cred Forums

who's going to post the inevitable avant-teen albums

>musical heights of revolver

kys holy shit and stop pretending you know anything about jazz

>sonically on point
wdhmbt?

this is literally exactly like mu

i fucking hate normies

why

>likes a single Jazz album
>Tells others they don't know anything about it
kek
oh and you also like The Beatles
lmao

This is the kind of shit that made sure my temporary excursions to reddit were just that. Temporary.

Jesus fucking christ who in the fuck would ever think this shit is funny? It's so forced and fucking stupid it's unbelievable. And this sort of vain karma circlejerking that is known as keeping the unfunny ball of shit rolling is prevalent in literally every subreddit you stumble upon.Why would anyone subject themselves to such dehumanising shit? How the fuck can someone contribute to such cancer and not feel the overwhelming pain of losing all of their dignity? Talking about dignity even crackwhore are more dignified than these fucking animals.

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Dio - Magica

this is a bit of an overreaction, but I agree

>Hahaha well I've tried to get into MBV's Loveless a ton of times and just can't and I wasn't particularly fond of Godspeed You! Black Emperor so I'd like to think I have some level of independent taste lol

Why does mu care so much about people's taste in music? If it's not obscure, mu-core, or pitchfork-approved modern rap this place is going to be smug af about it.

pic related

21P blurryjizz

Destroy All Monsters - 74 76
Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort
Tangerine Dream - Zeit

He means the whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

didnt click but I can safely assume their taste is a bunch of inoffensive just slightly out of the mainstream bullshit

I like many jazz albums actually and I don't like the Beatles and you're a fucking ignorant pleb for shitting on Kind of Blue

because its fun to make fun of shit taste you chode

lets do drugs together

beta.icheckmovies.com/lists/reddit top 250/?showall=true

Today I learned that Reddit talks shit about Cred Forums the way Cred Forums talks shit about Reddit.

my man

Which is hilarious considering their taste and this place's match 1:1.

You know Cred Forums, acting like they're above people who go to reddit only works for other boards when they don't share an identical demographic. This posturing coming from you guys is just low.

Oh fucking hell, they're kids, why mock kids

Revolver - The Beatles
The White Album - The Beatles
Abbey Road - The Beatles
Dookie - Green Day
American Idiot - Green Day
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix- Phoenix
Hot Fuss - The Killers
Raw Power - The Stooges
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
Dark side of the moon - Pink Floyd
Just to name a few. I can listen to all of these albums all the way through and enjoy every song.
my god

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/53jwlh/what_is_your_favorite_board_on_Cred Forums/

so?

so are you agree?

it's not popular because it's basic you fucking retard, it's popular because it's fantastic

>actually believing anything scaruffi says

No it's not. It's a pioneering modal jazz album that radically strays from traditional jazz harmony.

Why redditfag are going to Cred Forums ?
reddit doesn't satisfy them?

iirc the name was a joke on /r/hiphopheads

Fuck off rebbitor

Or you could fuck off

Whilst you were temporarily visiting reddit, I studied the blade

While you studied the blade, I was getting doubles

At least someone brought up Chairs Missing and Psychic... Powerless... Another Man's Sac

god, this thread is full of idiots from both boards, why the fuck do you morons care so much about board wars, get over it and go on with your lives.

Fuckin sick dude

Dubs decide what we upvote to the top of /r/music

checked

explain

>title - artist

why people do this

Remain In Light and On Avery Isle are the only Cred Forums albums on there

we've been infected

Didn't see The Glow Pt 2
Still only 3

Glow pt 2 is Cred Forums

This is wrong.

10 10/10
German Oak - German Oak
Lucio Battisti - Hegel
Tom Waits - Sworsfishtrombones
Hampton Grease Band - Music to eat
John Paul Jones - The Thunderthief
Cheveu - Cheveu
V.A. - 1970's algerian proto-rai underground
Botch - American Nervoso
Krzysztof Komeda - Polish Jazz Vol. 3
John Mayall - Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton

their dialect is so cringy. how do you faggots use that site?

wut

roll

>ctrl+f
>death grips
>no results

i thought you retards said death grips were reddit?

The Velvet Underground & Nico

Bottom guy is right though
Wouldn't say it's a 10 but whatevs

and SILY, Feels and Benji

Reddit is the Internet equivalent of small talk.

As an album it comes together very well. It has a bunch of dud songs but the good ones are pretty good.

Raw Power is great and the rest is trash

Judging people's music taste by looking at askreddit would be like judging Cred Forums's taste by browsing Cred Forums.

You're really only going to get decent taste on specific genre subeddits like hiphopheads or something. The defaults are fucking cancer.

>wow user, ur a fag u browse reddit

Well yeah that's true, but you do too. I just don't hide it.

>Go expecting to see "almost popular" rock and dadrock music, mixed with some white people hip-hop
>It's just like Cred Forums mixed with some white people hip-hop

checked

that's one of the funniest movies ever made though fuck you
t. no a kubrick dick riding pleb

>projecting this hard
Most Cred Forumstants don't browse reddit because reddit has nothing that Cred Forums doesn't except they talk like fags and have the retarded voting system

I want to die

It's because /r/music has a large userbase and therefore more normies and dadrockers. Smaller communities like /r/indieheads are far closer to Cred Forums, but focused on indie stuff.

nah /r/indieheads and /r/letstalkmusic are still faggy reddit boards

Cred Forums is miles away in terms of culture. It's also easier to go against popular consensus than on reddit. Reddit is very insincere and disingenuous because nobody wants to lose their sweet Internet points.

Of course Cred Forums is better but half of /r/indieheads and /r/letstalkmusic are on Cred Forums anyway.

What did they mean by this?

I honestly didn't realize how terrible the favorite albums of reddit would be until this thread

It's all the favorite albums from Cred Forums though

>german oak

Holy shit, I thought I was the only person who fucking knew about this album. I ran into this album by accident ages ago.

>in terms of culture.
Not relevant

We talk about music here. if you are interested in Cred Forums culture then

oh fuck off
there's people on Cred Forums who have said worse things
there's plenty of faggots who love mcr in here

It's like looking at a slightly better version of Cred Forumscore

I'd take Floyd, Rush, and NiN over Radiohead and Neutral Milk Hotel

ugh you just proved his point

we used to say "my sides" that's pretty bad

your life must be real sad my man

>It's everyone else's fault they aren't autistic like me!

>tfw read about how Reddit is utter garbage for years and years
>actually visit the site for once
>It's basically like Cred Forums except better
Music for this feel?

he mean that Kamasi's album made him feel the same way he did after listening to miles

Oh, my.

>It's basically like Cred Forums except better
Did you even read the link in OP's?

You mean the one that discusses basically the same albums Cred Forums discusses but in a more civil and civil manner?

Yes.
Maybe it just speaks the unhealthy amount of time I spend here but it's refreshing to see people who enjoy music without feeling the need to be obtusely contrarian at every opportunity, to the detriment of their own taste.

Find the 0/10

It might be more civil. But some Cred Forums discussions actually changed your opinion on albums and art. Can't get that from reddit.

>who like rock

None of them.

maybe try the link in op

umm well idk if you know this album haha its like a weird kind of rock XD. its called loveless by bullet for a valentine, an absolute classic!

So? it's a rock album.

>But some Cred Forums discussions actually changed your opinion on albums and art
If your opinion is so easily swayed by trolling, perhaps you shouldn't be listening to music in the first place.

redditor here

we make fun of y'all all the time
we mainly laugh at y'alls nability to have a decent conversation about music
and also your obsession with obscurity
and how you need to make fun of other people's preference to feel better

you're like if Cred Forums read pitchfork

truly pathetic

>ReDDit

reddit and Cred Forums are literally the same place now.

At least we listen to better music.

>y'all

fuck outta here hick. go choke on trumps dick

Not really see

no we don't man
on average, we listen to the same
you're just proving his point

i'm a democrat

Even more so choke on his fucking cock

ugh ok man

comfy, the album

>and also your obsession with obscurity
I think you have the wrong Cred Forums

at least my taste isn't shit

Enjoying your first day on Cred Forums?

It's a joke.

You don't actually think this board listens to obscure music, do you?

Holy shit.

it was ironic. now we say kek, which is kinda bad

>animeposts
>makes fun of people on reddit

perfect

this is my least favorite fucking meme. Cred Forums's taste is far from perfect, but reddit's taste is 1000000000000x worse. it's absolutely terrible and you know it, so stop saying theyre exactly the same when maybe like half of Cred Forumss userbase browses reddit and the opposite isn't true

Not what I said.

Try again.

delete this

This is already a normie filter by asking them about their favorite ALBUM. If it instead asked for their favorite band, the results would probably be worse.

Incorrect. See

according to Cred Forums the only thing worse than dad rock is shit like brokencyde. im not sure reddit is down with that

noice

Well what did you say? You should really learn to communicate better, by the way.

Glenn Branca - The Ascension
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Diamanda Galas - Plague Mass
Peter Brotzmann - Machine Gun
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
DJ Yo-Yo Dieting - Dormant Mirrors / Drum
Fela Kuti - Roforofo Fight
Sun Ra - Space is the Place
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Doji Morita - A Boy
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Sade - Love Deluxe
The Residents - Not Available
Venetian Snares - Rossz csillag alatt született
Orchid - Chaos is Me
How did I do, Cred Forums?

>HHH has good taste
Jesus fuck

Volume VI: Days Have Gone By
Tilt
Cornflower Suite
I Speak Fula
14 Dub Blackboard Jungle
Wilde Blumen
Astral Weeks
The Peach Orchard
Tribal Ghost
Exuma

The worst part is someone lists 15+ albums that they think are 10/10. It's like they're handing out the 10 willy-nilly

why else are you here?

I think you're confused, there were a bunch of bands that recorded albums called "The Beatles" as a tribute a while back

did ocarina of time's ost rip this off?

The worst part is its all wrong generation music that gets 10/10. They feel superior having pink floyd, rush, nirvana, the beatles as their favorite albums, and think they are special snowflakes for liking them

It's literally 90% Cred Forums core hip hop, especially in the daily discussion threads. I don't get this site war nonsense on these boards sometimes. Most dudes on hhh even openly talk about posting here so we're on here whether you like it or not anyway.

HOH SHIT

Melt Banana - Charlie
Gorguts - Obscura
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Venetian Snares - Rossz csillag alatt született
Orchid - Chaos is Me
Car Seat Headrest - How to Leave Town
Pat the Bunny - Probably Nothing, Possibly Everything
Health - Death Magic
Ariel Pink - pom pom
Mount Eerie - Lost Wisdom
Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid
Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete

Y'all bitches must really love reddit to keep this thread alive so long

top two is reddit left to their own devices

bottom is what happens when a plebbitor starts lurking Cred Forums

I wish we had a way of disallowing them from browsing here so they would have to come up with their own memes and tastes (which has proven to be a disgusting parade of mediocrity)

cringed kys

reddit sucks ass this is objective fact

reddit mod here! I have been notified of the existence this thread and found that it is against our community guidelines. Whoops! I will have to get into contact with the board moderators and have them delete it asap. Hope you understand.

Deerhunter is good though

that's virtually the exact type of humour that's popular on this board tho

and kys

>trying this hard

This can't be real, this is master bait

Noticed.

Entry level but not bad music per se, they're juts normies with normie lifes. I'm patrician but i spend the whole fuckin day alone listening t music

>calling yourself a patrician

see the problem yet?

No mr redditor, i see the problem in your comment: you're missing the point.

the lonesome crowded west

Good lord, user

charge your damn phone

why do people on the internet pretend to get triggered by this?

Do I even fucking need to remind you about hid a what

>reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/53hvgl/what_are_some_of_your_1010_albums/
daily reminder that when MCR reunited Cred Forums had a thread dedicated to them that went in the hundreds of posts

That's why I came to Cred Forums. I haven't been on Reddit in months.

Fuck, yes. That did not come to my mind. Normies actually don't listen to albums, I always forget. I'm scared to think what would a thread about bands look like.

/r/letstalkmusic actually has standards of discussion though. discussion rarely happens on Cred Forums, it's over 90% memes

roll

>reddit is very insecure
on an Cred Forums thread dedicated to laughing at other people because they like different music to you

It is a good album though. Why do people in these threads try so hard to hate everything. The self titled is fun radio punk with some experimentation mixed in. It works really well for what it is.

god, you just proved his point

>all these rebbitors falling for this b8

This.

KING OF GETS, IT'S TIME TO DDDDDDDUEL

Kino - 45
Siouxie and the Banshees - Juju

There have literally been dozens of pop punk and my chemical romance generals on this very board. Don't act like you're above it.

The reason why all these reddit threads are shit is everyone here desperately pretends the screencaps are the stupidest opinions ever even if the exact same thing is posted on here every week.

There's a 'albums only you like' thread up with people talking about how well American Idiot holds up.

I guess these threads are more of a bonding exercise for Cred Forums than anything else but they get pretty boring after a while.

This thread needs more plebeian

The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
Karnivool - Sound Awake
Dick Dale - The King of the Surf Guitar
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Alter Bridge - III
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out
The White Stripes - Elephant
Powerman 5000 - Tonight the Stars Revolt
The Protomen - Act II: The Father of Death
The Darkness - Permission to Land
Richard Cheese - The Sunny Side of the Moon

The worst thing about you faggots is your more obsessed with an arbitrary number rating than the music itself.

It's all cancer. Another reason why I'm quitting this shit house website. Everyone is so severely insecure about their taste here. The fact that all this shitting on everyone else makes them look even more pathetic.

Can't wait till I leave this shit hole permanently.

>powerman 5000
that one was too far

A lot of those bands you mentioned are incredible.

The Black Parade is a decent album tho
MCR are decent.
a lot of Cred Forumstants are clost MCR fans.
pic rel

no when Cred Forumstants post shit like that, we tell them: raw power is decent, rest is trash

>posts good and obscure albums
"back to Cred Forums with you"

>Richard Cheese - The Sunny Side of the Moon

ITT: a board that has daily grimes generals tries to be judgemental

Not to mention fucking Drake or Death Grips lmao

A lot of people including myself love My Chemical Romance too. The insecurities on here are crazy.
Also good artists that I enjoy. No point in having shame over music that makes you happy.

Whether you enjoy them is irrelevant, pretending these are anything better than whats posted on /reddit/ is the hypocrisy

Calling people a "cuck" all the time is 10x worse.

I was pointing out Cred Forumss hypocrisy. Everyone here seems incredibly insecure about their taste. They mock them yet the demographic is pretty much the same, and the favourite albums are pretty much the same too. Hell, go to /r/indieheads and it's clearly full of Cred Forums posters. It's easy to tell by the way people write their sentences.

>we
>hhh

>Hell, go to /r/indieheads and it's clearly full of Cred Forums posters.
No one's talking about indieheads in this thread though, we're shitting on r/music, and if you think based on what's been posted that there's much overlap you're fucking insane.

Not seeing the difference between here and there

kys contrarian

Most of it's still the same shit that we all talk about. Cred Forums has pretty much talked about every band ever at this point.

>overblown average garage rock revival album

Did you even listen to the album before you started posting memes?

>Cred Forums has pretty much talked about every band ever at this point.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

funniest post of the month

>weezer
>gorillaz
>mgmt
>creedence
>dj shadow
>dance gavin dance
>streetlight manifesto
>alice in chains
>red hot chilli peppers
>bucket head
>serj tankian
>nas
I've seen every single one of these artists at least a dozen times each on Cred Forums.

Wew lad.

Death Grips started here and everyone liked them. Now suddenly they got more popular and the wrong people (reddit and other various internet spergs) like them so they get shit on here. Boy what a coincidence.

>everyone liked them
>everyone

lel

I was generalizing faggot

Normies can't handle bantz

But Creedence Clearwater is decent.

The rest is entry level however.

I can't stand this shit
I realize it's autistic to get upset over this but seeing a bunch of fuckers think they're so clever for recycling memes at each other grates on me like nothing else

Yet still posted here plenty too

I dont have a personal favorite album. I listen to whatever genre I feel like listening too. Sometimes I binge for hours listening to new stuff and rarely stick with a single album for more than a month.

>/r/AskReddit

That's barely any better than /r9k/... but it's still better than /r/music which is basically a well mannered Cred Forums that happens to like music.

/r/indieheads isn't so bad... but yeah they're total cucks and it's reddit... so yeah

I prefer Cred Forums as a place for musical discussion. Reddit is for the masses by the masses, so if you want to discuss an obscure/unknown artist, it's not going to get much attention. Here atleast attracts a variety of different music listeners, so even if you find a lot of reposts, circle jerking and pathetic behaviour, there's still more room for decent conversation.

this.
Where else am I going to find those who appreciate the beauty and tranquility of the noise and field recording genre?

>Cred Forums as a place for musical discussion
Besides the fact that it's 95% shit posting, bait threads, k-pop and fighting?

but you still have moment, at 3:00 AM, no kids, no shitposting, great discussion
>no seriously this place is actually good when there's nobody here to shitpost

>dying a cancer

Haha what the fuck

definetly
GOAT ALBUM th

Reddit is actually not as popular and well known as you might assume you'd be surprised, I think we are the same

>kpop general

Shit taste

kys

>Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort
Mah nigga denzelwashington.jpeg

>The Beatles
ok...
>THREE TIMES

Revolver is the only 10/10 there. White Album isn't far off. Everything else is cringe. He could have at least posted the best Floyd album, aka Piper.

>I don't know how to read
>some reason it's the other guys fault!
Cred Forums has an obsession with obscure music, regardless if it actually is or not.

If you make shitposting threads and go into shitposting threads expect shitposting
Start some discussion yourself at no-kiddie hours

>He could have at least posted the best Floyd album, aka Piper.
good post my dude xD

Underrated

that is quite accurate

wtf i hate Cred Forums now
>now
but seriously, this place is like 80% shit but still better than any other place n the fucking internat, i'm happy here, away from normies

what reddit app do you use?

You can avoid shitposts on reddit though.

>mu-core, or pitchfork-approved
how pedestrian.

I'm post-smug apparently

>at least posted the best Floyd album, aka Piper.

I keep trying to remind myself that this meme must have been funny at one point. But it's getting harder and harder every day.

Sleep - Dopesmoker
Not one mediocre song

>Not one mediocre song
Yeah just one shit song amirite!??!! xD

like Cred Forumscore?

fuck off with this shitposting