Alright Cred Forums, which one is superior and why?

Alright Cred Forums, which one is superior and why?

Kid A because it sounds better

yikes!

>which one is less bad*

ftfy

also idk, i have never listened to radiohead

Prove him wrong

thom yorke btfo

OK Computer because it has better songwriting.

traditional=better?

>A heart that's full up like a landfill
>A job that slowly kills you
>Bruises that won't heal

The songs on Kid A tend to be fairly monotonous, not that they sound the same as each other, but in the sense of having the exact same tempo and energy through the whole song. OKC's song have build-ups, wind-downs, and other such in-song shifts. Paranoid Android being the stand out in that respect respectively.

Though traditional verse-chorus songwriting doesn't hurt desu.

While I think Kid A is a really good album, and it can appreciate it for the band deciding to take an experimental approach, I certainly wouldn't say it's the stronger album. More interesting, sure, but the music isn't of higher quality.

kid A because it's better

>neo Cred Forums

EXPERT'S GUIDE TO RADIOHEAD
>TIER 0 (SHIT):
The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Hail To The Thief, A Moon Shaped Pool
>TIER 1 (STILL BAD):
Pablo Honey, In Rainbows
>TIER 2 (ALRIGHT):
Amnesiac, TKOL RMX 1234567, In Rainbows – From the Basement
>EXPERT LEVEL (GOOD):
The King of Limbs, Radiohead: The Best Of
BEST ALBUM IN THEIR DISCOGRAPHY: The King of Limbs: Live From The Basement

alright let's try this again without the memes

>TIER 0 (SHIT):
nah
>TIER 1 (STILL BAD):
Pablo Honey, Hail to the Thief, A Moon Shaped Pool
>TIER 2 (ALRIGHT):
The Bends, OK Computer
>EXPERT LEVEL (GOOD):
Kid A, Amnesiac, The King of Limbs
BEST ALBUM IN THEIR DISCOGRAPHY: In Rainbows

One is a 6.5 and another is a 7 so you tell me

both are mostly filler, kid a >>> okc though

:|

kid a because everything's in its right place

In rainbows > Kid A = OKC

Kid A because I enjoy it more

Alright Laptop because I enjoy it more than Hid A what?

OK Computer because it sounds better

How do you like in rainbows but not like a moon shaped pool? Not insulting you just genuinely curious.

OK Computer because it doesn't put me to sleep.

The one that has Let Down on it

The Bends

How does he like Beefheart but not think the national anthem is good enough to keep the album above a 7

OK computer because I can play it around people without looking like a autist

/thread

When I think about my favorite / the best Radiohead albums it's always a really tough choice between these two, but it has to be Kid A.

OK Computer is a great album, but it's not really as cohesive as Kid A. Sure it's a concept album and it does convey its theme well, however there's a lot of tracks that aren't really bad but just feel out of place, or maybe like they belonged on The Bends (Electioneering). Each song on Kid A serves a pretty specific function, even Treefingers honestly. And the opener and closer are a whole lot stronger on Kid A than they are on OK Computer.

And going off of that, Kid A is also a much more bold album in that it's more original for what it is. OK Computer is more of an improvement on their previous sound, whereas on Kid A they were clearly going in a completely different direction and it worked. You also have a nice mix of the traditional rock sounding tracks (Optimistic) and their newer electronic sound, and you don't get any of the latter on OK Computer.

Don't get me wrong, both are great albums, but I really feel like Kid A takes it. That being said, I think the only albums in their discog less than an 8 are TKOL, The Bends, and Pablo Honey. Also coming from a guy who doesn't really appreciate Exit Music as much as a lot of people on this board do so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Dark Side of the Mo-I mean OK Computer

epic