What does Cred Forums think of this?

What does Cred Forums think of this?

>inb4 gb2reddit gorillaz fanboy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ln3jMCh2f_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My dad really likes this album.

it's good. There's a reason its on one of the Cred Forums hiphop charts.

first song best song

Never surpasses the benchmark set by the opening track imo, but still pretty good

beat me to it

It sounds catchy but I can't get over all of the "futuristic" words that are packed into each song

Just a few sample words/phrases in opening track, 3030:

Neuromancer, perfect blend of technology and magic
Cyber warlords are aggravating abominations
Now we just boarded on a futuristic spacecraft
My ears morphed to receptors that catch your every word about gravity control
On the run with a handgun, blast bioforms; I am warned that a planet-wide manhunt with cannons ... fuck dying, I hijack a mech
Control it with my magical chants, so battle advanced

It makes it really hard to listen to because it sounds like he's trying way too hard to make sure you know it's the year 3030 and things are TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU GUYS than the modern era.

One of the best hip hop albums apparently

>literally what is a concept album

I agree that 3030 is unbeatable but the whole album is solid, particularly Positive Contact and Mastermind imo

>concept album about the future
>complains about actually using futuristic themes in the lyrics
kys

Positive Contact is nostalgic as fuck for me, Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX and Tony Hawk's Underground are both staples of my childhood

one of the only hip hop albums i can get into

need more of those fucking beats man and the lyrical themes are also great

but of course i would probably appreciate the genre way more if i actually paid more attention to the lyrics in general

if you need more of those beats you should look for some broken beat stuff like Lack Of Afro and Smoove + Turrel. You should also check out Kid Koala's solo stuff but i haven't listened to it so i can't speak about it

3030 is an excellent gateway to hip hop man, it's a really rewarding genre if you can get past the Cred Forums memes. I'd say listen to some Wu-Tang and listen to the lyricism, it'll blow you away

i've listened to at least 70 hip hop classics but thanks man

its just that my focus lies heavily in the instrumentation like my brain is hardwired

i just feel like i could like the genre so much more

Yeah, I get it's a futuristic concept album but it's way too on the nose. I feel like he's busy telling me how futuristic it is instead of actually showing me.

Packing bunch of futuristic buzz words into your songs isn't going to bring me into your album, it's going to make it feel cluttered.

hey its made by a nigger what do you expect

upgrade yar gray matter

cause someday it wont matter

you don't like madlib or mf doom? I'm awful with paying attention to rap lyrics, but those two make it not matter. On madlib's side it's more about his laidback tone to ease you in, and on doom it's fine to listen to the flow if you don't want to decipher anything.

Fucking love the song 3030, recommend me some other songs by Deltron 3030, thanks!

youtube.com/watch?v=ln3jMCh2f_4

I love it
Replace Pinata with Madvilliany

sheet and a nice trip down memory lane too, tnx user

Madvillainy came out in 2004.