Post albums that you've been meaning to listen to but just have never gotten around to...

Post albums that you've been meaning to listen to but just have never gotten around to, or have never been in the mood for and Anons fill you in an encourage or discourage you

Pic related.

It has some of their best tracks but as an album it's not as cohesive as Aenima or even 10,000 Days. It's pretty standard Tool, in all of its corniness, so you know what to expect.

Hey thanks man

Raw Power
Certainly something you have to be in the mood for. Expect riff after riff after riff with chanted vocals about weed.

Probably my favorite album of all time. It's pretty grandiose and uses crescendos in a non-abusive way, leading to incredibly powerful moments. If you like their other output, you'll probably like it. If you're more a fan of Talk Talk-style post-rock you might not like it as much.
10/10 desu

the opener and the title track are great, don't miss out on those if you care about modern prog or alt rock even a little bit. it has a couple other good songs that you could take or leave depending on whether you like the band's sound in general

Anything from Midnight Odyssey really.

Not a bad album, some songs are great while others drag on for too long.
Great album. Listen to it when you have an hour to spare.
Listen to it when you're in an emotional state. Very beautiful and power album, really worth listening to.

ambient black metal, but in spaaaaaaaacceeeee

Just wanna share my modus operandi of late.

I watch about every football match live that I can every weekend/during the week, and since the Euros I listen to the albums I haven't listened to yet while a match is on, to rate the songs and get them into my smart playlists.

So far I've listened to 187 albums. It's pretty goddamn comfy.
8802 out of a total of 26k songs have been rated. Still a bit of work ahead. Next is some classic shit like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd's albums I haven't heard yet.

Wait, 26k songs in 187 albums? where are these 140 track albums I've been missing out on?

26k songs in total are what I have on my HD smartypants.
187 albums I have listened to recently, there's a total of 1628 albums on the HD now.

The Queen is Dead

i don't really have any idea to expect from jangle pop

Aaah Parabol/Parabola was my jam

Two hours. 28 songs. Finishing Gish and Siamese first.

forgot pic

I have never finished it in one sitting, but I love it.

I wish I could be you and listen to this album for the first time again. This is a hell of an experience, just a like movie passing through your head. Once you feel blue, go ahead and listen to this! keep attention to every single moment, it will all be worth, I promise.

Finished Undertow finally. The instrumentation and atmosphere was on-point. I know Maynard's lyrics aren't supposed to be taken too seriously, but I can't really listen to them without thinking it's edgy. Is there something I'm missing?

It's incredible. Do it.

It's great, one of the handful of prog metal albums that is insanely complex without devolving in mindless wankery.

Lateralus is songwriting/song-execution perfection, and probably one of the most interesting songs ever.

Also the bonus or hidden track is fucking insanity.

60 minutes of the heaviest fucking shit you will ever listen to, being stoned af isn't necessary but definitely wouldn't hurt. The lyrics are great especially if you like sci/fi fantasy epics. Some of the best vocal delivery ever too.

An emotional rollercoaster, the only time i've ever cried over just an instrumental track. Beautiful soundscape stuff, with great vocal samples.

Get to it.

SWANS ARE DEAD.

I bought it, and it's just sitting there. I need an hour to listen to one disk and two to listen to the full thing.

Also Oiseaux-TempĂȘte - Utiopa I heard it was like F#A# but I haven't found the time.

and Megadeth's debut.

One of the definitive and versatile rock albums of the 90s, keep in mind you will never hear it for the first time ever again

There are some cringe worthy lyrics and a few skippable tracks but overall it's a great album, one of SP's best for sure

I like McCartney, I love plunderphonics/sound collage type stuff, but I never got around to this one.

bump