What's your honest opinion on the Artic Monkeys?

What's your honest opinion on the Artic Monkeys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=38KhEhRKmhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trash

Elaborate?

OVER RATED AS FUCK FAMALAMA

they became american

Yeah their new stuff is kinda samey but honestly a lot of their old music is good, if nothing else give "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" a listen, probably their best album, if that's up your alley I'd also recommend Favourite Worst Nightmare, my second favourite album by them.

Gotta say they look like a bunch of cocks in that picture though.

favourite band
humbug is god-tier

that's all i have to say

they alright
Basically starting point for indie kids but still enjoyable

they were alright but their last album made them tumblrcore so mu hates them now

Humbug is objectively their best albums and one of the finest from the 00's.

Their first two albums are pretty unique and bombastic, though they get old pretty quickly.

AM is pretty good, although it probably has Turner's worst lyrics. It would be great if he came back to the more surreal lyrical style of Humbug, since he's pretty damn good at it.

SIAS is garbage and just watered down Humbug.

They aight, their work is fun when you don't wanna think too much and just chill. But the people that are hardcore fans of them is annoying af, they think they are listening to the greatest band of the 21st century and wanna compare them with actually good bands.

despite being handsome and hot as fuck the lead singer is an arrogant cunt

Who do they compare them to?

Humbug is the best for sure

used to get them and vampire weekend mixed up lol

A Punk definitely sounds like early AM tbqh

this.
First album was great, second album was ok and then they start getting worse.Always loved their lyrics

>whatever people say
15 year old me's favorite album and still a solid collection of catchy tunes
>favourite worst nightmare
decent follow-up, some of their best songs on it (505, teddy picker)
>humbug
strong singles, some other good tracks, but they are leaving their energy behind. still can dig some tunes
>suck it and see
hey can we go back to the early days i don't really like this new stuff and-
>AM
no, just fucking stop please
>i see them live, now in my early 20s
can i get my money back, please?

They sacrificed mindless lad energy for atmosphere and detail in Humbug, and they got their best album out of it tbqh. I'm glad they didn't just repeat their early years formula over and over.

imo the mindless lad energy was the only thing they got in them for the most part, 'cept the ocassional good ballad (and humbug has an example of that in cornerstone) and lyrics, cause after all turner is still a pretty talented guy, even if his new mission seems to be boring us to death with the new direction of the arctic monkeys and the last shadow puppets project.
but check out the singles. none of them in humbug was as catchy as their earliest one. not that my propeller or crying lightning are bad, but they lack punch; when the hook comes it doesn't stick in your head and doesn't demand a sing along like, i dunno, when the sun goes down.
the "darker" sound on humbug, with the heavy riffs on front and turner's hyperactive delivery restrained just gets really old fast. i really fail to see how someone can't get bored at the tracks in the middle (ok, the one that goes "foooollss on paradeee" has always been one that i like, even if i can't remember its name now).
i blame homme for sucking out their energy and trying to make em sound like his stuff (which is great, btw, but when he plays it). but still, Humbug, i can deal with it and accept people liking it. AM, on the other hand, is just one of the most boring albums i've ever heard and if someone told me it would be put out by the same guys behind Whatever People Say, i wouldn't have believed it.

All Cred Forums contrarianism aside, they are lame as fuck.

literally who

Good up until Suck It And See and AM. Both seemed to lack the energy that was present in the previous albums. It's like someone came into the studio and just sucked the life out of all of them.

Never seen them live so I can't speak for how well they go on. Their live album from a few years' ago is kind of samey. Seemed like a cash grab to me.

my honest opinion is that i've never listened to them.

They're just sort of there.
Not terrible, far from Nickleback tier despite a recent backlash against them by the "cool crowd", and honestly preferable to the depressing shit that has been offered for contemporary radio play for over a decade now.
But they're not the sort of band you actively seek out, though you might if you were a teenager growing up in one of the most dire popular music eras since the invention of the gramophone, and they're as good an entry point as any towards better stuff I suppose.

Humbug is fucking fantastic. Everything else is forgettable.

rec me some non entry level indie, lads

>lads
go away

Tumblr the band

I disagree completely. Humbug is much more layered than their previous stuff. It has masterful use of effects to convey atmosphere, something they really only fooled around a bit in FWN but fully fleshed out in Humbug. Also, every member is at their very best. The guitar interplay is fantastic and more complex, together with the bass. Every member has a stronger presence, unlike their previous albums. Also, Turner's lyrics are the more mature on Humbug. Still very unique, but this time without resorting to rodoculously specific Sheffield references. Plus, the songwriting has much more staying power, since it's not as immediate as their first two albums and its less predictable. Crying Lightning is bombastic, it'll eventually stick in your head.
And I didn't even talk about the prodution and mixing, which is easily the best out of all their albums.

I honestly have no idea why the critics panned Humbug. They showed clear progression and got shit for it because it wasn't more of the same lad rock shite.

I love "Stop The World...". Best b-side of recent memory.

really fun early stuff
repetitive later work
shitty live

Although I agree about AM. The lyrics are still technically good, but the subject matter is so "americanized" and stale. Half of the tracks are boring shite. Still better than SIAS though, at least AM has a new sound that might just work out in the future.

Alex is ugly with short hair

Vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=38KhEhRKmhI

That laugh track.
BBC pls kill yrself.

15 year old me's favorite album
>i see them live, now in my early 20s

Where are you from? Why don't you saw them before?

Argentina
They played here thrice. First time was after Favourite Worst Nightmare. Looking back, that was the ideal one, but i wasn't into them at that point.
Didn't see them live the second time cause they played as part of some shitty festival that fucking Foo Fighters headlined and i wasn't going to pay overpriced tickets only for the Monkeys.
Third time (and this is the one i went to) was after AM was released. I didn't like it at all desu. I'm not really a fan of events in big fields in which you can barely move and shit, and the public was awful as well, full of girls shouting along and covering the actual music.
That's not their fault, I guess, so i don't blame 'em for those things. But what they are responsible of is making a shit setlist (AM tour, after all), playing their old songs with the energy they play now (so basically, none). Also Turner is such a try-hard now; the guy would comb his hair after each track and try to act like he was really cool all the time.
I guess i just stopped caring as time went by. Something like the Live at the Apollo show would have been my shit, but that just ain't gonna happen now.

Debut is a 10/10 for me
Humbug is 9/10
Everything else is whatever, they have a great collection of b-sides

Hey that is my joke

They started as a british band, and somehow they became american

Not bad, still relievable, having old times.

Humbug is a kickass album.

Same here, senpai.

Gimme a smoochie.