vocaroo.com/i/s0xqzaShOFAR
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9sTVeuBMw
youtu.be/iFHQcLHKFHM?t=86
youtube.com/watch?v=GH71bIR9MU8
youtube.com/watch?v=oFt56Qlt52M
youtu.be/ZAaahTe4vjc
youtube.com/watch?v=ln7IPUYWlu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't wanna get laughed at on prod, looking to record some demos for my shitty psych band.

each is the same price, which should I get?

lets get this party started

You don't need a mixer to record

>2222
quads on the unit? no contest

we already have a thread

rate Cred Forums

>epiphone SG

wannabe jack black tier

boi

>Anonymous
kys stupid fucking newfag

Anyone here ever played a vox phantom? Curious if they're well made or just a fashion accessory

>just a fashion accessory
this one

they're fucking great

>just a fashion accessory

>they're fucking great

"Yeah I play some neo metal but I'm thinking about expanding and buying a baritone 7 string with EMGs so I can play some mello indie deathrock."

i actually just play alt rock

who classic/folk rock here? would i be more suited to playing acoustic or electric rhythm guitar?

>Gordon Lightfoot
>Bob Dylan
>Jim Croce
>Neil Young
>CSY/Buffalo Springfield
>Eagles
>Jackson Browne
>Pure Prairie League
>Marshall Tucker Band
>Eric Clapton
>Rolling Stones
>Beatles

Is it Cred Forums o'clock?

hell yea it is

Are you going to be using any outboard effects?

Why would you buy a huge mixer when you could do the same with a much smaller and possibly cheaper audio interface that is much better?

I'm currently using a presonus audiobox 1818VSL, would recommend.
Cost me 375€.

This has been my lone guitar for over 10 years now. It has absolutely ruined me on midrange instruments. I have been looking into getting a strat but I can't stand any 'affordable' model I touch... they all go out of tune after a minute or two whereas with this thing in pic related I can throw it in the case and leave it in the siberian wasteland for 3 months and when I take it back out I won't have to touch a single machine head.

If you wanted to do rhythm guitar, check out Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead. Easily the greatest rhythm guitarist of all time.

Is it a blocked trem? Anything with a floating trem is going to have worse tuning stability. The main culprit for tuning stability on mid range guitars is the nut though. File that and lube it and you can judge the quality of the rest of the instrument. Otherwise assume it's the nut.

>I actually just play Nirvana
FTFY

did any of the animated shorts get translated yet?

My guitar? No, it's floating. Just like it came out of the PRS factory. Still doesn't go out of tune.

With a standard strat, and I've played 4 different ones now, I will seriously play less than 30 notes before something is noticeably out of tune. It's ridiculous.

You just reminded me to get some Marshall tucker shit. You like "The Band"? Brown album is goat

hello. Was wondering if any guitarists could help me find my position in the jazz band.

The bassist plays the bass notes.
The drums play the rhythm hits.
The piano covers all the crazy chords and fills (more notes than I could ever play)
The horns cover all the mid to upper range leads and harmonies.

Whats left for the guitarist to play?

Also, my director says A) I cannot use effects because it goes against classical jazz. B) He cannot teach me since I am in a "different tuning" (A whole step down from standard...And he's an expert jazz guitarist for 30 years and in military band for 10????) Wat do I play?

You play "tell them to fuck off" and go do something else.

Buy a capo, play partial chords up the neck on the top 4 strings, follow the piano.

Still super sad I can't buy these online

I know right, I might have to make my own

Music from Big Pink is my fav

I'll check that out. I have American Beauty on vinyl but i find their jam stuff to be a bit long-winded for my taste

anyone know the diference between the seagull s6 and the entourage?

Why don't you tune to standard?

Sounds like you're in a pretty straight ahead group (which can be boring as shit) so you don't want to get too crazy with substitutions . I second what said and would add to think about texture try to sometimes provide a rhythmic counterpoint to the piano but remember to keep it subtle, avoid licks, but don't avoid broken chords.

Jim Hall is who I most look up to for comping. His style can work with or without piano. Laid back but always textural. Bill Frisell kind of plays like this too.

boi

forgot to add link

youtube.com/watch?v=SdxzU00hSGA

Big pink. Good one, also northern lights is great too

Post excellent guitars

now this I can do

It's every thread with you guys, please give it a fucking rest. We know you have hentai guitars, we've seen them before.
Ugh

Hey guitarfags, is getting an American Standard strat worth it? Or should I just get a Mexican Standard?

lol

I got an American Special Tele and regret it. I hardly ever play it.

Hey Bassfags, does anyone know what tuning Thundercat uses on his bass? I just got my first 6 string Bass and I want to cover some of his music but I can't seem to find a definite answer on this.

You guys are pathetic

You should report it so they can post it again.

Reposting from last thread

Have to write a generic rock song for a biker bar scene in a low budget film a friend is making. Song will be playing in background in bar.

Thoughts?

Lyrics already written by another user.

vocaroo.com/i/s0xqzaShOFAR

Hey /gg/, I'm having a bit of a an existential crisis here.
So I am in love with Jazzmasters but don't want to spend 800 bucks on a Guitar that could potentially break playing live, but I really really do not want to go Squire again.
So I saw the Fender Standard HH series and found out that its the middle road with a pricetag of 500$.
Should I save more and just go with the more expensive but more equipped the buttons and gizmos classic player? Or go with the lacking but probably still good 500$ Standard edition?

You do realize that you're giving them the (you)s they so desperately crave, yes?

>don't want to spend 800 bucks on a Guitar that could potentially break playing live
what do you mean by this? why would it break

I own a Fender mim Jazzmaster HH and it's great. Sounds awesome, plays well and I love the option to coil split the humbuckers.
If you like the shape but don't care for the jazzmaster pickups or the rythm circuit, I'd suggest you go with an HH model

sorry can't help you

what does coil split do?

I already sent you the vocals bro, you should mix them in for reference

these are only $250, and give me much more input for recording, as well as capability for possibly playing live. the 4 channel audio interface I had my eyes on was 175, and in extremely low stock, and I feel through the years I'll be getting more bang for my buck with a mixer

yes

Oh shit. I haven't checked my email. Lemme throw it in in audacity for a rough cut.

I should mention this mixer is mostly for multi-track demo recording with my band. I want to upgrade from my current "one usb rock band mic in the middle of the room" setup and start using some actual XLRS. if it was just for my guitar, I'd definitely get an interface.

each are 250, if I havent mentioned that before

I can do more vox tomorrow if you want them, this project is fun. Not sure if you'll want then after the shoddy performance I delivered.

do I cop??

Nah

What's that beauty's name

>yes
I'll tell you from experience those doubled up channels are a pain in the ass to use. If you're talking about recording two stereo tracks into a laptop or something I'd go with the X2222 just to have more free single channels available.

SX liquid

why not?

Does it play nice? the price looks a bit basic, not trying to be arrogant in any way, just woould love to get one if it's playable

really the only difference between the Quadsmachine and the 1832 is that the quadsmachine 2222 gets rid of the eq in lieu of more channels and 2 aux sends.

the more channels I can definitely use to their full potential, but is the eq really necessary?

You're talking about overall EQ on the two stereo tracks going into the laptop? I assume you have a recording program on the laptop with software EQ, right? If so then you wouldn't need the overall EQ on the unit because you can EQ the two stereo tracks on your laptop as you see fit, right?

great point. I think I'll settle for the quadsmachine. especially because I can refer to it as such

Also, the two aux sends would be for shit like overall studio compression before it hits the recording medium (laptop, tape deck, etc.) The back of the unit has "channel inserts" which would be used for individual instrument outboard effects. You'll need pic related (TRS to TS Y-cable) to access what's essentially something like an effects loop on a guitar amp on the individual channels.

I want one cuz Ian

They thrive on posts such as yours...

I think you'd be happier overall with the 2222. It's would also be a great way to learn basic recording before you move on to something more complex.

Yeah, they're playable. Nice hardware/tuners, and I like the p90s, though if I had three of them I'd probably swap one for a little more variety. Nice necks mainly. I wouldn't expect shredder-tier fretwork but it's not so bad that you can't hold out a few months before having them leveled. Basically MIM quality.

File the nut when you get it.

my thoughts exactly, I barely understood most of what you said, but am expecting to learn/teach myself once I get the unit. thanks for all the help

You probably wouldn't find much use for the aux sends or overall stereo EQ on the 1832, and I can guarantee you will be thankful to have more free channels when you start working.

>"""Jazzmaster"""
>shitty mexican humbuckers

I'm looking for a Japanese site that was posted a while ago that sold cheap quality guitars. It had a Yamaha that usually went for something like $176 on the website at $99. I had it bookmarked but I deleted it like a retard.

any fingerpickers here? whats the best way to practice?

By doing it.
That's it. Just do it slow and cleanly and build from there.

I don't consider myself a fingerpicker, but I like to think I'm pretty good at it. I just started slow on songs I liked and went from there.

true, thats what i figured

is it better to git good at strumming first or can i go right into fingerpicking?

Go right into it.
Strumming and rhythym and timing is all about feel anyway. And you learn to "feel" it by just playing and practicing and getting better.

Whether it's finger picking, alternate picking, strumming or whatever else, I just say jump right in and start practicing.

>he fell for the white guitar meme

What's your dream guitar, user?

One more month and I can afford it

Fender is a waste of dosh

Stickers on your guitar or bass: yea or nay, /gg/?

i hope you're getting it used at least.

Sure, if you want to make your guitar look like cheap shit

Rondo does it again
For only $80 you can own this shitplank

for the off chance that you'll see it

Correct! Also re-listening to stuff, yeah I am putting to much rest at one part, thanks for pointing it out.

I'm here. And yeah, the extra rest was right at the end of the riff before it repeats. You're supposed to start the first note again right after the last note ends

Gonna cop it soon I think
Either that or a white strat

>rare rondo factory relic
just take my money family

Never

Rate my new rig. Bought it altogether for 600 used. Cat not included in price.

does anyone have pictures of the inside of a crybaby JHS super wah?

im literally near about to suck a dick for some

cream coloured SG

Just "finished" learning my first song, californication by RHCP
I manage to play the lead part and the solo pretty well but the chords in the chorus not so much.
Any recommendations on what I should learn next, that is more or less on the same difficulty level? Preferably Rock or Reggae, preferably lead guitar but I´m thankful for any recommendations

are you amplifying drums? it's expensive af

>Cat not included in price.

by the looks of that amp, i wouldn't be surprised if you actually found a dead cat in there.
other than that, nice haul.

>Any recommendations
Pretty much everything RHCP. They're great for teaching beginners simple melodic riffs and leads

haha yeah already thought so thanks, guess i´ll know i´m good when i manage to play snow

good amp man

I want to find a second hand or guitar ive never seen or heard of at a pawn shop or something, but that i instantly connect with

I played a friends ibanez once and i really liked it playing on it, but it just doesnt get thw sound of my gretsch electromatic. Its too neat of a sound or something

Eh, maybe not on a purely economic scale but play both see which you prefer.

Single coil mode

which means more "noise" I imagine?

Yes, but there are also tonal differences that some find appealing.

i'm using a Yamaha THR10 and i love it. however, because of reasons, i have to run it exclusively with 8 AA batteries.
can i use one of these (pic) batteries instead?
it's a 12 V 1.3 A rechargable emergency battery.
it also comes in 12V 7.2A, which i'm not sure woud fry the amp or what.

I wouldn't bother spending any money on a behringer
The preamps are probably shit

>Fender Jazzmaster HH
desu I've been looking and it's between my price range, I'm planning on upgrading (current guitar is a yamaha pacifica) and expanding my range (I'm an alt rock player but I want into jazz)

would you recommend?

t b h

I haven't actually played that model Jazzmaster, the only one I've played had an uncomfortable neck to me but it sounded nice.

I thought the only rich oasis fans were oasis themselves?

which model is yours?

Copped from my lad an old Stagg BC300 with an Hartke B300 for overall 200 bucks
It's my first bass and ampli (first instrument, in fact)
Did i do good ?

Is it possible to play a bass through a guitar amp if you tune it up to like F#? I mean, 8 strings are tuned to F#, right?

What's the alternatives of EHX Freeze? Or what pedals include the same functionality?

Tune standard. The lower you go, the more you're invading the bass player's range.

If you're playing really traditional stuff, learn Freddie Green style comping. It's very simple but very effective.

It's definitely possible, but you're not going to get as full of a sound out of a guitar amp

There's a video that shows the roles of a 4-string bass and 8-string guitar being switched. The bass is being played through a 6505MH.
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9sTVeuBMw

EHX Superego is the Freeze + some extra synth stuff. Not sure if there's another company that makes that type of pedal.

Would recommend. Great guitar especially when you take the price in consideration.

As I already said, I really like the single coil mode. Sounds fantastic.
I have an SG, RD, '84 cij strat, '78 tele and a bunch of other guitars at my use, but this one is still one of my go-to guitars for recording.

Do EHX hold any sort of patent on this type of pedal? It's strange not to see such a cool concept have more than two realizations

Ehhh, not too bad, not too good either.
You did okay.

speaking of EHX, in my entire shitty third world slav country not a single store has Bass preacher compressor.

I just want a not shit pedal that doesnt cost my entire monthly salary

Staggs are usually garbage tier. Hartke's alright

Never played that specific model but all of the Eastmans I've played have been nice. I would try to talk them down to $800 though.

I don't know of any clones, but that doesn't surprise me. It's basically a very specific kind of looper, and it hasn't been around for that long.

thanks for the input

cool man thanks

Not that guy but I got a used hartke bass attack for like 60$. Pretty good shit, I think I even like it a bit more than my mxr m80.

MASF Raptio

but it's really lo-fi

As long as the voltage is correct nothing will get fried

Im trading my Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20 for this Kelly 50 watt combo? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Guiliani's 120 right hand studies, freely available with a single google search.

Is that a capo in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Im a newbe and I uprgraded my cheap shitty walmart tier classic guitarr to a yamaha II

Sound great, but the string second highest a sting sound too crispy, like its a steel steel while rest are nylon strings

is this normal?

err all strings should be the same(-ish) material, this being three on top and three on bottom

Post a pic of your bridge

Oh and to add to the jazzmaster convo, the J. Mascis model is great even tho it's a Squier.
So if you want a "real" jazzmaster with the mics and circuit and everything for a farely low price I suggest you try it out.
Almost picked it up instead of the HH model but the mics didn't really do it for me

I'ma buy this one online I think, thought of the mascis model but I don't really like "signature" models. Idk why I know it's stupid I just don't

Fender Mexi J Bass + hardcase
$625
cop or not /gg/?

any of you on conservatory?
what year?
how does it work in your country?
how does it feel?

I'm thinking of going in next year but I'm a bit nervous

Mics? What?

Hell no

Well it's just a regular Jazzmaster, nothing special that relates it to J. Mascis except the model name.
You can always change the pickguard to make it look your own, tho the anodized gold or whatever it's called looks great.
Seriously, go try it out before you make the decision.

Also a blacktop Jaguar might be a good option if you can find one. Loaded with humbuckers and a stopbar tailpiece and adjust-o-matic bridge. Might be nice if you don't care for the Jazzmaster tremolo and bridge and all the setting up and hassle that comes with it. Basicly the same guitar as the JM HH otherwise.

why not?

Some people call the pickups "mics," and no, the Squier Mascis Jazzmaster has P90 style pikcups, very different from the original JM single coils.

Still a great guitar for a great price.

>nothing special that relates it to J. Mascis except the model name.

Sorry to go all autist on you but it's based on J Mascis' backup guitar, it's the Mascis model cause (real) Jazzmasters don't have Tune-o-Matic bridges like he does on all his guitars.

Used mexican Jazz Basses go for less than 400 bucks, buying them new is always a bad idea.

More animu jazzmasters pls

No

Sorry about confusing people with the word "mics", we don't have a word for pickups in my language so we just call them "mics".

J. Mascis pickups have more low end at least but not a huge difference in my opinion. It's not like a humbucker vs single coil or anything like that in terms of difference.

Oh and didn't realize it has the adjust-o-matic or whatever fender calls it. To be honest I'd rather have it on my JM HH.

Thanks for pointing those things out, my mistake.

Mexi jazz basses suck and the bridge route doesn't fit replacement pups. Just get an SX ursa, same quality for way less. More finish and wood options too. They come in 60s and 70s pickup spacing, and PJ.

Oh damn you're totally right

Rondo shills LEAVE

T-Thats ok user I'm just big on J Mascis and Jazzmasters.

Really? I put in a Bartolini and a DiMarzio bridge pickups on two different MIM Jazz Basses without any issue back in the day, is this something recent?

Here to stay

Only guitar that's better in white is a Jackson Kelly

I guess so. I heard that they both take neck pups. Normal jazz basses have a wider bridge pup. Seymour Duncan says as much on their website. They could be wrong though, Seymour Duncan is wrong all the time for some reason.

Huh what the fuck

I have an '06 Mexican Jazz as my main bass and the bridge route is a tad bigger than the neck one.

It's probably some new thing idk.

thanks for the input guys

>see a nice tele on cl
>"everything is in great condition"
>"you just need to get the neck fixed, its cracked and the truss rod doesn't work"
>$900

>tfw buy my dream AVRI Jazzmaster from some church band here for less than 300 bucks
>"oh the fretboard has a small scratch but its nothing big"
>whole truss rod is spent and wont turn
>have to get new fretboard cause they tried to remove it to get to the truss rod for some reason

>all this anime in my /gg/

>tried to remove it to get to the truss rod for some reason

Fucking hell

>buy cream-colored chinkstrat similar to pic related from pawn shop for $50
>plays breddy gud after some setup

I kind of want to do some mild relic work to it.

Is this a faggot thing to do?

Yeah and all the stupid ass Mexican shops around here don't know the difference between a 21 fret 7.25" radius fretboard with clay dots and a rounded heel and a 22 fret 12" radius fretboard with nacre dots and an extended square heel

I'm still saving up to take it to a Fender-sanctioned luthier in the US to get a proper job and a proper fretboard for it, Jesus.

Don't buy expensive guitars south of the border man.

Can't find anything about this so I'll ask here:
My Fender Rumble 15 (bass amp) has been fucking up. Basically after just a short time playing it gets really distorted and then basically cuts out. It happens faster the louder I play. The effect is the same with headphones. Also I have tried two instruments and have the same problem with both. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about amps so sorry if I'm dumb. Can anyone help me out here?

>Is this a faggot thing to do?

the worst kind

In a way, yes. I don't see it as far off from any sort of costuming for a show or anything though. It might be a bit less serious than a normal finish, but on the other hand it'll make you more comfortable with the normal dings and scratches it'll get over time.

Did you try a different cable? Is the power cable loose? Are the speakers damaged?

It's a pretty common problem but I can't remember what component needs to be replaced. I think it means you've got a leaky capacitor. Open up the thing, and look for any obviously damaged components. If you find any, you can order replacements and solder them in pretty easily. It'll probably be less than a buck in parts.

>he "plays jazz" with an electric bass

I'm the newbie who bought the stagg for cheap (thanks for giving me your opinions m80s, heres some (you)s )

Now i want to know : what tabs would you recommend for guy that cant play for shit ?
i already looked for some, and can almost play Feel good inc by Gorrilaz, but still need your advice

yeah jaco pastorius wasn't a """"real"""" jazz bassist

>he doesn't play jazz on a fretless electric bass with flatwounds and the tone knob rolled a little off

nigga it's like you don't want to enjoy the good things in life

ANY TIPS ON HOW TO PLAY SONG BY EAR?

Pixies songs

The entire genre of punk

Any faggot can play a Ramones song

Some guy in my area is offering a (basically new) ltd ec-256 for 225€. Is it worth it? I just want a really versatile, cheap and not completly shit looking guitar to play twinkly stuff as well as meddl.

stick it in the sun for a couple hours and then throw it in a freezer. Instant relic. Or do pic related.

>he plays jazz

that looks awful, not gonna lie

Yeah. I'm more of a single coil guy myself.

>ruining your guitar somehow makes it more expensive
I will never understand this meme.

When you do it it doesn't, it makes it cheaper.

When the company you bought it from does it though. That's when it gets stupid.

>he watches anime

Alright, I'll try this out, thanks for the help.

DELETE THIS

Anyone have any experience with acoustic amps? I was thinking of buying one but I'm not sure what kind I should get.

If your figuring out chords, I like starting with the high voicings and then go down by thirds to figure out the other notes. Melodies are easy, just figure out the notes and then figure out where the whole thing fits best on the fretboard.

is there anything wrong with being a rhythm guitarist who hates playing solos

The new ones are shit.

Vintage are ok, some are gr8.

Been playing guitar for a few years but never got a good setup. It's time to get an amp, and here are my stats
>$200-300 range (potentially higher if needed)
>preferably built in overdrive and reverb (don't own any pedals as of now)
>want to play noiserock, psychrock, noise-pop, shoegaze
any tips senpai? fenks

>$200-300
>good amp

Keep saving son.

Opinions on this contraption?

Ordered marshall CODE25 today , ill try to post whether its worth it in the next few threads

>replace my american standard tele neck with a warmth gibson-scale neck
>tfw your left hand is too small and too skinny to play a 25.5 guitar
>tfw compound radius neck saves you from sweating

Absolutely not. A rythm guitarist who's complete shit at solos and doesn't want to play them will always find a band. A good solist who sucks ass at rythm will never find one.

>Nah man i got you back

no

>tfw you know all the chords
>tfw its stricly rhythm
>tfw you don't wanna make it cry or sing

>go down by thirds
what do u mean by this?

soz, im a newb

Thanks guys, I really enjoy playing fat riffs, even if I know how to play some solos I just can't enjoy doing them it feels "eh"...
>>tfw you don't wanna make it cry or sing
What do you mean by this, pepe-user?

you'd be more than welcome to join my band, user

>what did he mean by this

youtu.be/iFHQcLHKFHM?t=86

I've played 6 years with my band, had solos on three songs total, one of which is currently in our live set and it's a simple melodic solo that requires no skill.

I'd rather leave soloing to the lead guitarist since he is good at it. I'm much better on rythm so that's my job. I see nothing wrong with that.
Would be cool to learn soloing but feels like after 7 years of playing guitar it's too late.

On a side note, that cymbal arm mic stand is fucking awesome!

Struggling to understand the effects and tone on Better Living Through Chemistry

Im using a swollen pickle, green rhino and orange 35rt but god damn i get close and then lose it. Too distorted or too muddled

Yeah it is, probably has it because he could hit the mic stand by accident while he dances a little bit.
Now that I get it, it was pretty funny.
What is this user, I'm not familiar with a lot of bands.

Have you tried smoothing out the distortion using your guitar's volume knobs?
You could use more distortion than lower your volume and just play with those settings together.

You might want to go over some music theory, specifically how chords are constructed. But basically, there's a few different intervals you can construct chords from and a triad (which is what you mostly going to encounter) is made from a major third and a minor third. If you go from the fifth of the chord up to the root above it, that interval will be a fourth. If the chord you're trying to make has extended harmony (7th, 9th, 11th) you'll notice these are just thirds above the 5th degree. To put it simply, all chords can be broken down into thirds.

So back to the guitar, what I do is decide whether I want the highest note on the 1st or 2nd string and then start testing notes till I get it right. Then on the string above (so if I'm on the 2nd string then go to the 3rd etc.) I test intervals until I find one that sounds right. With what I explained above, you'll know there's only a few possibilities, so test a major 3rd, minor 3rd, 4th, aug 4th, and 5th. Sometimes you get a major or minor 2nd that'll really stretch your hands, but then just try another inversion. Basically you're just going string by string testing intervals until you have a note on every string you want to play. Hope that makes sense.

Anybody know the answer? Bump

What's the ugliest gee-tar user has ever seen ?

>inb4 BC Rich

Cut your bass as far "upstream" as you can and you'll get there. Bass is often the most important factor to driving pedals.

Jesus fucking christ

>A good solist who sucks ass at rythm
Doesn't exist. If you can solo cleanly, you can play rhythms

looks like its body filled with shit with crosses on top of it

Not a bass player, but I've seen him play, pretty sure it's standard tuning BEADGC.

My buddy plays trombone I play normal acoustic-guitar preferably finger-picking.
What are some song we could aim for? Should I just look at some pieces where a Bass guitar plays the melody and then use it for the trombone?
I can't think of anything with a guitar trombone duo.

look at some classical music (baroque, romantic, etc)

They've got a bunch of things for lute+voice, or harp+woodwind which you can adapt for your interesting combo.

Play some jazz standards

Not the guy you replied to, but also a newb:
I didn't get a single thing about what you said.

I really need to start digging into music theory.

THX. ive been watching and reading about that rule of thirds. i get the theoretical part of it, but not the practical.

The only song I can think of with acoustic/horn instrumental sections is The Past and Pending by The Shins. But he'd have to transcribe french horn to trombone

youtube.com/watch?v=GH71bIR9MU8

Thanks, i turned off the green rhino and used the dirty channel on the amp instead

Pulled out some mids and brought in more bass, then put the rhino back in. Probably the closest ive gotten, thanks again

Start by reading up on intervals, and learn your one and two string intervals. Then read about chord construction, starting with triads. I would also read about extended harmony, but it's not necessary for every genre. Then you should be able to identify the intervals in chords you already know. Of you know your fretboard then you should be able to figure out where the root, 3rd, 5th, etc are.

As to the learning by ear thing, it's just a bunch of guesswork. But by knowing theory you can know what to expect and take shortcuts that you might not otherwise be aware of.

Alright I'll look into these. Some baroque pieces should be cool for us.

This sounds quite interesting. The Trombone is very soft here. This is probably incredible hard to play.

hello /gg/. i'm the user who asked about bass suggestions in previous thread. on second trip to music store i tried several and nothing really stood out to me as the right one. you know, the gotta have instantly. that is until I picked up a fretless.

Holy crap. I haven't had that much fun playing an instrument in years. Fretless bass is exactly the kind of diversion I needed from guitar to freshen things up. Also a good fit for me as I used to play the trombone years ago and always dug that semi-tonal flexibility. Went home and ordered one immediately (cheaper online).

Pic related is the model i went with. Most of the basses in this price range played and felt about the same, i picked this one because pretty wood grain.

>build in overdrive

>bought an acoustic guitar
>suddenly feel attracted to men

Looking to record some demos for an alt pop rock band in my room. Gonna be mic'ing up an amp with a shure sm57 into a focusrite audio interface.

Any tips for my first go? Some more specs:

Telecaster std American
Marshall ma50 amp

Thats weird, I play electric and I love cock.

Rule of thirds is a photography thing haha. But anyways, the practical aspect is that almost every chord you encounter will be a triad of some sort. As you saw above, I can use triad/interval theory to learn any popular song by ear.

how the fuck do i get my bass sounding as dirty as this? is it just the production or is there something I can do to replicate it? youtube.com/watch?v=oFt56Qlt52M

I dunno about your question but that band name and song title kills me. Death metal never change.

death metal best metal

>Rule of thirds
not guy you were replying to but thirds actually has a very broad use

in comedy there's a rule of thirds, and that applies to general writing as well.

on geetar if you do something more than 3 times you typically should change the 3rd of 4th repeat in some way to create an unexpected element.

it really applies to everything. something to do with human psychology

doesn't mean you can't repeat something anyways

>alt pop rock
yeah maybe pick a genre that didn't kill rock n roll

>that feel when fell for a natural finish meme on my $1200 bass
>that feel when it has more dings and bangs that I can fucking count
>literally impossible to even remotely touch a guitar without pressing the wood in

how do you cope with this bros

it sounds like some kind of overdrive/fuzz (def not distortion) pedal run with perhaps an octaver for that sub attack?

pretty sure that any sound guy who isn't completely retarded is going to throw you out or at least tell you to stop doing that if you attempt it in any venue

Dude
Have you ever been to a guitar center on the weekends? Prime example of 'soloists' who can't hold rhythm for shit

But they're not actually good soloists either.

just record it direct and use plugins if the alternative is ma50

can't really argue on that one

>falling for /gg/ memes and its rampant consumerism
Burn your bass and light the stake that ends you once and for all.

>most people really can't play their given instrument all that well

gee stop the fucking presses

>all new technology and shit
>can't even get an instrument as based as this.
Seriously tho. What is the modern version of this?

Holy shit those people look bored

It's a tool user. There get beaten up naturally with use. Stop thinking about it like it's a painting to be hung on the wall and never touched.

Makes sense, triads are a kind of 'rule of thirds' I suppose. I wonder what it is about humans and threes. Interestingly 1, 3, 5, and 7 are all primes as well.

>that feel when got a nasty pick scratch above the bridge pup
>literally scratched the paint off in a tiny thin line
>that feel when sharpie'ing that shit every month or so
>that feel when can't be noticed
>that feel when I know its there

>What is the modern version of this of that hurr durr
A pc.
A pc is a modern version of everything.

>no knobs
>50 year old circuit that requires no r&d
>"that'll be $125 plus tip, user :)"

fuck this boutique shit i'll just build my own green ringer clone. i know it's "handmade" by hipsters in akron but why do people consistently spend a fortune on simple stuff like this?

my fetish are beaten to shit cheap pedals. cheaper and more beaten to shit the better.

you could have just said
>tfw autism
and been done with it

Looks kinda like a Lute.

They're made by a tranny, user.

>tfw no Bit Commander gf

fuck

What is acoustic?

Oh, you mean a grandpas guitars?

Does that mean you play cock 'n' pole music?

I've got a raging trap fetish but she doesn't do much for me t b h.

delay is the best kind of pedal

>tfw I bought a Behringer Ultra Shifter
>tfw it sounds like ass
>tfw it makes my dick hard

Post pics.

>$125
dude you don't know the half of it
pic related cost me $250

[spoiler]doesn't mean I don't love it[/spoiler]

>Projects?

Got this guitar back from a buddy I loaned it to probably 10 years ago. I was amazed when I reconnected with this guy and he said he had my red guitar. I'd forgotten all about it. As you can see it's definitely seen some better days, but I kind of love the fact I can restore it in a way I'd like (never was thrilled with the aesthetics to begin with). I'd like to strip the finish and go for a sealed natural wood look. All black hardware. What kind of finish is this? How can I go about stripping it? The guitar is an Aria Cardinal CS-350.

At least that's an original design with lots of tonal options. An analog octave up circuit is as basic as it gets other than the most rudimentary of boost circuits. Idk why EQD is the only company that makes this.

youtu.be/ZAaahTe4vjc

Pretty sure this is xer.

Anyone try this Wampler Triple Wreck clone? Can't post link but pic related can be found for like $60 on DHGate

Any other boutique pedal clones floating around out there?

>implying you can't get a great used amp in that price range

I got my Vox ac4c1 for $250

>Fran Blanche
>Devi Ever
>now this

Seriously, what the fuck's up with trannies and pedal building?

They're all actually the same person.

Alright guys I'm not gonna lie I listened to this song about like 5 times now on loop. Can anyone recommend more like it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ln7IPUYWlu8

Are we still doing the 7ender meme? I liked that one.

I just play what's natural to me and that's what I listened to growing up bro

Yeah I might do that. I only have ableton live 9 intro though, so I'll probably have to throw more money at the daw and plug-ins

Anyone have any tips for tabbing out a solo by ear? There's one that I want to learn to play, but I can't find tabs or music anywhere for the song.

FIGURE OUT THE SCALE

Figure out which key the solo is in and also which scale. Once you have that figured out it becomes quite easy to identify what's going on.

>havent used ultimate guitars ez tabs in so long i just realized i was actually playing the song upside down for 2 days

fuck me

>spent the last half year trying to play like Omar Rodriguez Lopez

the fuck is wrong with me

dude chromatism lmao

DUDE
RANDOM PLAYING AND EFFECTS
LMAO

i legit like his playing tho, he's a great composer

I want to see you draw a better tentacle on an inclosure. Faggot.

Hey guys please help me out if you can, first time poster here. What guitar should i buy for death metal? Drop A tuning, 24 frets, baritone strings but at the same time good/smooth enough to play that quick solos and arpeggios at the higher frets, but no trem bar, maybe tune o matic or something? I used to have an alexi 200, but it seems that active pickups give a bigger sound i dont really know...

No see that's the thing, The Mars Volta make me rock hard, but I can't go anywhere playing stuff like him without sounding like I have an extra chromosome

Buy a jazz master :^)

>Not using songsterr for tabs. It's actually really good for tabs and it has a feature where you play with midi instruments.

Schecter and Legator have good stuff from what I hear

Better than being one of a million vaifags on this board

>Implying a neat silkscreen makes it worth that much

>Better than being one of a million vaifags on this board
bless :')

>buying new, ever

ISHYGDDT
i mean, unless its strings or MAYBE cables...buying new ANYTHING (not limited to music equip) new is a fucking rip man.

yeah, he's genius

bedlam best album

What about speakers? I don't want worn out bad sounding cones...

Kek

Ok thanks man, ill check it out

>genius
to some extent, I just like atonality

>bedlam best
What about Frances the Mute?

I'm starting to doubt that boutique pedals that I need to deliver over seas without getting to try out them in person are worth it.
Could I get thick bass sludge tones with a Swollen Pickle, an overdirve pedal and with amp distortion?

I custom order my instruments, kinda hard to find that used.

Lern 2 DIY, fag

>DIY
I'm sorry that I don't have a CnC mill, similar other equipment or years of experience in woodworking.
Are you stupid or something? It is literally impossible for me to make my dream instrument from scratch. That's why I pay someone who is good at it to do it. That's how this shit works, you can't do everything yourself.

>sludge bass
Yeah man pretty much all you need is a fuzz for heavier sections and an overdrive to use the rest of the time. The amp doesn't NEED a crunch channel or drive channel, but it works as a good tone shaper

I did this without a CnC mill, similar other equipment or years of experience in woodworking.

I used a dremel I got for $15 on Craigslist, a $5 set of files, and sandpaper. I made the contour(unfortunately after, not before refinishing) with a $4 wood rasp.

This was my first time working with wood, or basically anything involving shaping material precisely. I'd bet your dream guitar is a simpler project than a four pickup telecaster.

If I were you I wouldn't be posting that so proudly, user.

looks like shit

he wants a nice instrument, not some shitty taped together GNU+guitar garbage

Erm: this.
>sticking more pickups in a telecaster
Do you think I custom order tele or strat copies? Are you seriously genuinely retarded?

The point is this is way more than most people require for their dream instrument.

not gonna lie I'm interested in how this turns out because it looks like fucking shite rn desu baka senpai

>The amp doesn't NEED a crunch channel or drive channel, but it works as a good tone shaper.

I have a Blackstar HT1-R and it cranks out surprisingly heavy sounds that fit a lot of rhythm stuff I play, not exactly what I'd like because I like fuzz way more. So I guess an EQ pedal will be good as well because it has one EQ knob (which is also good).

Also, any opinions on the Orange Micro Terror amps? I think about getting the normal one along a Framus 1x12 cabinet.

Man my writing is so off, I guess I shouldn't stay up for 34 hours.

I have a question for you guitarguys!

If I'm buying a used guitar from a guy off of craigslist and we agree to meet at a guitar center, could I ask an employee to check out the guitar for me? Im a noob and don't know what to listen/look for aside from obvious shit like a bent neck or a huge crack

well as long as the employ is actually a person with a brain, probably should get a guy who can do a set up to check it

Active pickups are pretty bad I wouldn't get a guitar with them, do more research

>Active pickups are pretty bad
Not necessarily. If he wants a hot compressed sound for death metal, that would be the route to go

man, i have to say i unironically like the look of it. not a fan of yellow, but that woodworking and those electronics look sweet. the switches looks especially nice. sometimes, it's not about why, just that you can. sort of haha. by the way how did you get that aluminium down there so neatly? when i did that a week ago i ended up using lots of small bits of tape, looked like complete ass but at least i got it in there.

Sand it off (with a machine is easiest shouldn't be a problem by hand either). Not sure what you mean by sealed natural wood look and not sure how that would go down (shouldn't be too hard to Google), but probably need some clear coat on top of that. Pre-wax and wax the clear coat for a shiny 'factory finish'.

I molded the aluminum slowly by folding a single piece in each cavity, then removed the foil and applied glue to the cavity and the foil.

I recently bought some HVAC tape instead. I got a few more guitars to do and it'll help speed things along. Cost me like $7 but I'm sure it's way cheaper online, and it should be enough for quite a few guitars.