youtube.com/watch?v=BDDdAugQZxs
youtube.com/watch?v=di7NMssrqsE
youtube.com/watch?v=WKy__QJ1zbA
youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU
vindland1.bandcamp.com/releases
verlassenbm.bandcamp.com/album/einstieg-in-dunkle-gedanken
thoseopposedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/offertoire
youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0
soundcloud.com/revolver-magazine-1/episode-28-dillinger-escape-plan-faith-no-more
youtube.com/watch?v=1eh9gLRFfe8
neverendingchartrendering.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=NQjd60ffXUM
youtube.com/watch?v=7PXAh5MPCSU
youtube.com/watch?v=h5snIL7Ei7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=fi2p6JP_Gu0
youtube.com/watch?v=UXwfG6h7_7g
youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=xsU39voYIsY
youtube.com/watch?v=jX-xY_ZE2yA
youtube.com/watch?v=cgaNSVxt8Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=0407S3nvmeU
youtube.com/watch?v=1sFT_kt-04M
youtube.com/watch?v=Fct6LB4Uu7A
reclusenola.bandcamp.com/releases
nocleansinging.com/2016/09/13/an-ncs-album-premiere-and-a-review-recluse-stillbirth-in-bethlehem/
youtube.com/watch?v=bvXAyfLWNdA
bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=x10jNkG9H44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should I see Gojira with TesseracT live?

go late so you dont have to watch tesseract

this desu

JUUUUST

How has Starspawn memeing been received so well, yet Le Dernier Crepuscule and Terminal Redux memeing get so much hate?

>tfw no socially retarded, smelly, overweight, poser, """gothic""" metal gf

Starspawn is legitimately great

Starspawn is good, Le Dernier Crepuscle is about video games, Terminal Redux sounds like it's about video games.

Can we talk about the new Opeth?

Anyone have a link for Starspawn? I want to listen to it.

Starspawn is actually good.

>Starspawn is good
Kek

Can anyone recommend me good metal based on my chart?

go listen to djent

>being this lazy

Nigger

looks like you just listen to OP images on mu
why dont you just gather your own taste

>muh generic copypasted old school death metal is actually good
Death fags are more delusional than Blackies now

t. Death fag

>generic
Not an argument
>copypasted
How?

amenra - mass V
ash borer - bloodlands
yob - clearing the path to ascend

>Not an argument

definitely underage

Ah so you're just a shitposter that can't back up his claims. Gotcha.

yikes
Coroner - No More Color
Testament - The Legacy
Sadus - Swallowed in Black
Bulldozer - IX
Nocturnus - The Key

I'm pulling for you

>implying that anyone has to back up their claims on Cred Forums
Debate club meetings are on reddit.com, friendo

>Debate club meetings are on reddit.com, friendo
So are very boring shitposts.

Opinions on the new Lotus Thief?

What does metal think of Wintersun?

Melodic cheese.

Gimmick garbage weak on songwriting.

What does metal think of Anthrax?

t. Death metal fag

t. Blackie

Is there a single band that is less than 15 years old that /metal/ respects?

t. Thrasher

seems like covers with this kind of imagery generally have bad albums beneath them

Metal died in 1993. Only 12 good albums have been released since then (most of them in 1994, being already recorded by 1993). Metal achieved its creative peak in albums like Onward to Golgotha, Pure Holocaust, and The Red in the Sky is Ours, elevating the genre into a legitimate art form. Now, thanks to Slaughter of the Soul and Gojira, all its potential was squandered and the genre has been reduced into being mere gimmick ridden noise for drunk idiots (i.e. the lowest common denominator - stop trying to turn underground metal into AC/DC).

to whoever posted godflesh the other day, thank you. this is great

YOU BREED

Well...no shit dumbfuck. OSDM is the best of metal after all.

like blacks

listenin to it
it's quite good, but is it metal?

Is Al Namrood any good

However and this is a big HOWEVER, when a band is this original and good then all those other items I mentioned are inconsequential. Blood Incantation are death metal, mixed in with some space like high speed death/thrash/technical moments that sometimes remind me of the awesome Vektor and damned if I did not catch a few Voivod moments along the Blood Incantation path. Starspawn opens with a 13+ minute opener, “Vitrification of Blood (Part I)” is quite the pill to swallow. And swallow it you will. Vicious growls, rumbling heaviness and vocals that were recorded in a cavernous vortex of tornado whirlwind demonic evilness. Guitar melodies permeate and encapsulates the listener with groans and pained anguish growls at the 4 minute mark. The 5.15 guitar solos, double bass and drum patterns are creative and add a layer of greatness that few albums will ever achieve, especially in today’s overcrowded genre. The song gets into some atmospherics towards the end and I felt like I was floating in space with the dreamlike atmosphere. This song is one of the best songs I have heard in the last 5 years.

doot

>cavernous vortex of tornado whirlwind demonic evilness
why do so many metal reviews sound like this? it's fucking retarded and communicates absolutely nothing.

does it djent tho

metal reviewers, metal fans, and metal have a lot in common.

Not that guy, but could you rec some bitchin modern tech thrash. Aside from Vektor obviously.

>OSDM is the best of metal
Lmao

black fast

Then what is?

Riffs that bring the best out of the hook based songwriting that's prevalent in popular music with popular music's ability to be extremely visceral? Hell fucking yes.

Discovered them last month, love em.

Who /hype/ here ?

How do I get into them?

didn't know this was the dudes from botanist. i wish botanist would just release some new music instead

thoughts on what this guy is saying?

Is this metal?

No, it's No Wave.

sorry, i don't listen to melodic numale metal

It's anti-metal.

comparisons between metal and art-music are always specious and embarrassing, especially if it's black metal

Mick Barr is cool tho

A very metal album without being metal

>Mick Barr is cool tho
tru that

why?

Thoughts?

>665
not anymore

I thought Gojira's Magma was a pretty good album

anyone heard it?

Okay I know this will probably be met with some hostility but I genuinely believe that Black Metal is the only metal subgenre with any kind of cultural significance. It captures the very essence of the society we live in, a dark and despondent one. I'd really like some other opinions on this

Boring

thanks for posting

Don't you have school in the morning?

thanks for posting

Anyone listen to the new darkthrone album yet? mediafire.com/download/o48kn52hwvk1i8y/Darkthrone - Arctic Thunder (2016).rar

no, I'm a NEET so I'll probably wake up, have a smoke, take my paxil, eat some cereal and watch anime all day why?
you're welcome :)

what's wrong with all that stupid new 'evil goat inverted cross chic' art
if they wanna make an extreme art statement, better blow their brains out

checked and they have a good sound so far, thx

black metal is easily my favorite subgenre, but it's pretty silly to say no other subgenres have cultural significance.

also, pretty much any type of metal is supposed to capture the "dark, despondent essence of society"

>I'll probably wake up, have a smoke, take my paxil, eat some cereal and watch anime all day
fuuuckk that sounds great. in a sick, masochistic sort of way, i wish i was you.
>tfw 11 straight hours of school and work tomorrow

Nah. Death Metal with its powerful riffs captures the essence of society to try to work as hard they can to get out of whatever shit gets thrown at them.

>
youtube.com/watch?v=BDDdAugQZxs

can you explain the other genres significance? I'm really curious, I don't see how pizza can be as significant as something like Bathory
I don't know, I do think it's really fucking autistic but its the only picture I could think of that'd be relevant at all.

>empowerment is more fedora than "Imma complain about everything"
>this much nonsense

I'm not referring to it as "culturally aware" which is what this is trying to do. This really just screams to me "hey i dont trust the government! do you guys think I'm cool now?" I genuinely doubt that the guy who wrote that has ever been harassed by the govt.

not all bm is like that

but yeah its really great, I don't miss school at all but at least I met girls there. Now I just jerk off and even that isn't satisfying because of the paxil

>in a sick, masochistic sort of way
you bastard, it sounds great in any possible way, I barely can afford decent food, and work all day long

Never claimed that unlike mr. dark and despondent over here.

blow me, I never said black metal was empowering you illiterate cunt. I said it captured the kind of society we live in.

youtube.com/watch?v=di7NMssrqsE
youtube.com/watch?v=WKy__QJ1zbA

>going this fucking retarded
>thinks society is all doom and gloom
>has probably never worked hard at all for anything
>being this much of a little bitch like many BM faggots

all this meandering noodling on metal's commentary and relationship to society when anus nailed it over a decade ago 2bh

fuck i guess i can't read either but even then only shitty 3rd wave black metal does the whole "my life fucking blows" and that isn't what I'm referring to, I'm referring to the feelings of isolation and general shittyness of the societal structures

>but its the only picture I could think of that'd be relevant at all.
1 second in google, and here we go

I meant on my HDD, that picture is pretty cool though.

Defeats the point of metal being sort of a 'tertiary culture' type thing then, no? Metal's always known for kinda being in its own zone where the usual cultural stuff is whatever it while the counter culture is something usually like punk or hardcore. Metal is often neither of the two.

>can you explain the other genres significance
the fact that they're even "genres" in the first place means that they had enough of a cultural impact on enough people to inspire bands to make music in that specific style and for a specific group of people to listen to said bands. a genre or subgenre is essentially a cultural group in and of itself

but I'm not saying it's a counter-culture. I agree on the tertiary idea but bm really fuses that idea and the capturing of modern culture. As much as I'd like to have a fantastical world where there is no need for it, I think black metal does a great job of finding the perfect middle ground.

I don't think you are using cultural significance correctly.
Basically every major subgenre has had cultural significance.
Traditional heavy metal/doom caused a huge satanic panic in the UK.
NWOBM caused a huge satanic panic in the UK and in the US.
Thrash broke through to the mainstream and was a massive counter-culture to glam and pop.
Black metal caused panic in Europe.
Death Metal caused one of the biggest satanic panics since Salem.

So...it's not as definitive a capture of modern culture as you said it was?

to an extent I think you're right but there's often overlap in the stylistic elements of the genres. I just think that bm has done the best job of creating a niche that has become as significant as it is.

Yes and no. I think it's the most definitive of the metal subgenres, thus my reasoning for posting here. I don't think any kind of music can perfectly capture modern culture while maintaining the artistic intentions behind it without giving up authenticity.

youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU

But only a particular part of it does it. On the other hand, other genres of metal often approach it from the other way like I said, sending a message of empowerment within that context rather than the "everything sucks". A very easy example is Morbid Angel's Blessed Are the Sick.

This discussion is retarded
Post some good unknown metal bandcamps. I'll start:

vindland1.bandcamp.com/releases

>I just think that bm has done the best job of creating a niche that has become as significant as it is
i agree, but that doesn't mean that other genres are completely culturally insignificant

why don't you contribute to the conversation instead of posting some shit completely irrelevant to the thread?
again I think the idea that bm only has themes of "everything fucking sucks" is outdated and silly, good black metal should create an atmosphere and make you feel something other than shit.

I'll concede that other genres aren't insignificant but I do think that all of them together still don't reach the peak of black metals significance.

Individual Thought Patterns>The Sound of Perseverance>Leprosy>Human>Symbolic>Scream Bloody Gore>Spiritual Healing

it's completely relevant
shut the fuck up

verlassenbm.bandcamp.com/album/einstieg-in-dunkle-gedanken

is it related to metal? fuck off then

goddamn why are you so dense

Cover looks like bedroom black metal but it's surprisingly good

Here's mine
thoseopposedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/offertoire

at least I created some kind of discussion. all you did was post something telling me to stop. why are you so closeminded to other views?

That's cause it basically is my dude
But yeah they're brety gud

shut the fuck up

That counts not just for BM though.

thanks for your input
i agree but like the other person said, other subgenres take different approaches to it and I personally think that bm does the best job of that.

So, king diamond is the GOAT singer rigth?

If you dont agree with that either you dont like metal or you are just another fase atmoshiter and emo boy

no
youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0

Was anyone able to rip the new Dillinger Escape Plan song off of this podcast? Seems like the new song (Symptom of Terminal Illness was replaced by the previously released Limerent Death) :/

soundcloud.com/revolver-magazine-1/episode-28-dillinger-escape-plan-faith-no-more

Pretty sure emo boys love King Diamonds vocals.

What does metal think of Vader?

Krallice is so fucking good.

post the best album from the last decade, AND WHY you think it deserves that title.

grimesfags need not apply

Krallice bring an approach to composition and technicality that is completely unprecedented and unparalleled in both black metal, and rock music in general. liturgy is always talking about transcending old paradigms, and while they have made some interesting music, in the end of the day, it's krallice that are pushing the most boundaries and exploring the most uncharted territory. They don't need to talk about it; they simply sit back and let the music speak for itself.

this album hasn't gotten much recognition (yet) mostly because of how goddamn impenetrable it is. i couldn't even begin to comprehend what was going on until about my fifth listen. And even now, years later, i'm still discovering new hidden nuances with every listen.

even though it hasn't received much widespread attention, the critics who have undertaken the challenge of reviewing this behemoth have all sung nothing but praise for it.

This album shares more in common with modern classical music than with rock or metal. the constantly shifting and mutating structures, and the complete abandonment of any form of repetition or motivic arrangements recall an approach to "song"writing that forsakes the traditional idea off songs, in favor of what sounds much more similar to classical compositions.

I hate using the term post-rock, and i think the genre is pretty much creatively bankrupt, but if i had to label something as post-rock i would much sooner choose krallice over the formulaic, psuedo-classical garbage that mogwai or explosions in the sky try to pass off as boundary-pushing

De Profundis is pure classic, they've been pretty consistent ever since. The Motorhead of death metal.

cause it fucking rocks

Is this some pasta I haven't seen yet?

This album is fucking great, workout tunes

Did you set out to write something where every sentence was incorrect in some way?

Its a fresh new pasta

Well it's a good one. Pretty exploitable, nicely pretentious and condescending yet ignorant.

You don't think that's a bit much for him?

any recomendations of black/doom albums?

Does anybody have a good black/folk band that resembles the atmosphere that of the witcher?
I've been playing it alot lately and I want something similar.

Predatory Light, if you like the Greek scene but hate Greeks.

Carly brings an approach to composition and technicality that is completely unprecedented and unparalleled in both electropop music, and pop music in general. liturgy is always talking about transcending old paradigms, and while they have made some interesting music, in the end of the day, it's Ms. Jepsen that is pushing the most boundaries and exploring the most uncharted territory. She don't need to talk about it; she simply sits back and let the music speak for itself.

this album hasn't gotten much recognition (yet) mostly because of how goddamn impenetrable it is. i couldn't even begin to comprehend what was going on until about my fifth listen. And even now, years later, i'm still discovering new hidden nuances with every listen.

even though it hasn't received much widespread attention, the critics who have undertaken the challenge of reviewing this behemoth have all sung nothing but praise for it.

This album shares more in common with modern classical music than with rock or pop. the constantly shifting and mutating structures, and the complete abandonment of any form of repetition or motivic arrangements recall an approach to "song"writing that forsakes the traditional idea off songs, in favor of what sounds much more similar to classical compositions.

I hate using the term post-rock, and i think the genre is pretty much creatively bankrupt, but if i had to label something as post-rock i would much sooner choose Carly Rae Jepsen over the formulaic, psuedo-classical garbage that mogwai or explosions in the sky try to pass off as boundary-pushing

me too

Should really be Grimes, not Liturgy.

good point
i couldnt think of an analogous pop artist but that works

because its new aka more obscure

always remember if its good its obscure

I want to be between those tights

The County Medical Examiners

if the memes are to be believed, they are literally doctors who work in a morgue and play in a goregrind band (doubt it's true)

anyways what's with all the shitty shit and why are there no 5x5s going in this shit thread? i leave you guys alone for 24 hours and this is what we've come to?

let me guess, you're a fan of Deedlely Weedly Dee I hav Smol Pene Metal?

I like OSDM and I also like colors

You never said what the best metal is tho, go ahead

Thanks for improving things with your shitty 5hitx5hit

Where's yours?

I must have left it in my shittier pants I save for when I really want to shit up this shit general.

Seriously, why the fuck share a 5x5? Is it just an excuse to have a circlejerk?

To discover more albums.

because muh image board

You could do that more efficiently with google. Also more successfully, given the kind of listeners we have here.

We should just share memes, as moot intended. It's a better use of our time.

>implying 5x5s are not a meme or shitpost
leave

>moot
literally who

quality trips

Quality 5x5s are, not Exactly.

then post a quality one m80

Come on, man, I literally just wrote about leaving them in my shittier pants.

>people still use last.fm
the fuck

Why's that a problem?

Usnea and DOLORiAN are my two favorite black doom bands.

youtube.com/watch?v=1eh9gLRFfe8

might as well post your memes since you guys are talking about them

+Imperium
-Literally everything else seriously disgusting

Mfw I know none of those bands

you have really similar taste in music as I do but knowing myself I'd never want to hang around you because you'd be insufferable. that being said, solid meme

best thing to ever come out of france

Is their previous album good too? I find them to be like a tighter and more efficient Nile, throwing away most of their slow parts that grew old on me. Their jittery and really speedy leads are also better than Nile's in my opinion. The album could've been shorter though, the tracks started to blend together towards the end.

same here, cheers for the top taste

>not blowjobs

>cheers for the top taste

aren't they swedish

Nile's fucking garbage.

>in my opinion

fuck i was the one he was responding to and that and this post made me feel uncomfortable. i hate you all and I really hope I never meet someone who posts in /metal/ outside of obscure as fuck bm shows.

How do I make a 5x5 guys?

you guys need to relax

measure some wood to a 5x5 design and you got it

Don't be afraid of yourself, JC.

neverendingchartrendering.org/ go to "show options" and set it to collage

Maybe you just need to leave. Sort of a "If you can't take the heat..." kind of deal?

Tsh nothing personal kid

>used to spike up my hair, wear flame button up shirts, had a peach fuzz goatee, listened to Linkin Park and played with tech decks during recess

Those were the days

Maybe you can be nice.

So when did you stop being Guy Fieri?

You can't go through life expecting other people to change themselves for you, pussy.

No, you can be nice I'm sure of it.

>megadeth
Why do fags like this even listen to deth? I could imagine mettalica or some shit power metal about "dragons and knights exdee", but why megadeth of all bands?

I'm not saying I can't be nice. I'm saying I won't, and you should expect people to. Only faggots and pretentious pieces of shit do that.

So I guess what I'm saying is, you're a pretentious faggot piece of shit.

I think you're not realizing something important here.

Dave is literally one of those guys.

Just because you look like an ugly overweight sack of shit, doesn't mean you can't like Megadeth
>t. ugly overweight sack of shit who likes megadeth

But being nice is nice, user. Are you saying being a pretentious faggot is nice? That's pretty accepting and nice of you, if I do say so myself!

>Are you saying being a pretentious faggot is nice
And now you're being such a pretentious faggot you won't even read what I'm posting

fuckin wew lad, how come you expect me to be nice when you're not being nice?

What is r/metal's endgame?

So you're honestly saying if someone gave you a leather trench coat and some swords you wouldn't pose with them? And he's the fag?

A gay orgy?

I'm sure he owns those, nobody "gave" them to him except maybe his parents for his birthday

Switch Human and Leprosy. Perfect otherwise.

I'd probably just pose naked with the swords.

user, can you pose naked without swords?

recc some of that good shit

this

Starting to seem like you were right

Try listening to more pitchfork-core and meme albums

>pitchfork-core
?

okay ill get right on that

Boris, Black Tusk, Neurosis, Swans, Hella, Merzbow

It's as much of a metal album as GY!BE is a punk band. Take that as you will

Post tracks that absolutely make you lose your shit

youtube.com/watch?v=NQjd60ffXUM
youtube.com/watch?v=7PXAh5MPCSU
youtube.com/watch?v=h5snIL7Ei7Q

if you can't appreciate early swans i dont know what the fuck is up with you, except filth, fuck filth. I also don't even have Black Tusk on the chart so?

I apologize, never had it occurred to me that I was the cause of this rudeness. I guess I'm not that nice after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=fi2p6JP_Gu0
youtube.com/watch?v=UXwfG6h7_7g

>swans
>not on the metalarchives
there's your answer

these are right up my alley, appreciate it
do you really feel the need to religiously listen to one single genre? thats boring as fuck dude

>metal
>one single genre

nice picture but if swans doesn't fall under metal and that's what you're getting at me for its really a logical assumption that you listen to only metal and it's subgenres

I never said anything about not appreciating Swans.

I meant Kvelertak, they have the same cover artist, the Baroness guy. Slip of the tongue.

>only metal and it's [sic] subgenres
>only
nigger you can exclusively listen to metal and have a wide variety of music

figured thats what you meant but I've literally never visited pitchfork looking for new music.
i agree but you're being so pretentious you sound like the trve kvlt nerds

Well pitchfork's taste and your taste have some similarities.

but then again they hated that Mars Volta album

WE'RE SO FUCKED

HARDWIRED

i mean, is that really that bad of a thing? The bands you mentioned I've been listening to far before I became invested in things like Cred Forums or any kind of music website

What's the best Cult of Luna album?

I never said anything about it being bad either.

ah, I just see that term being thrown around as an insult. is pitchfork not a good or reliant website?

Why isn't Sugar Ray on Realm of Metal?

Vertikal

>Both Sugar Ray and Slipknot have a song called Disasterpiece

Like pottery

wew lad there isn't a thing wrong with forest metal

IT'S CALLED FOREST ROCK. FOREST ROCK!

Now THIS is a quality meme 5x5, well done

Does the remaster of The Mantle sound noticeably different?

Post bands from your home town

Funny I'm just listening to it now and yes it does seem to sound better.

Yeah I agree.

good chart

Wormed

I'd take chthe'ilist and vektor out but the rest looks good.

Perfect.

Actually, take of Chthe'ilist (video game nu males) and Inter Arma (boring hipster shit)

Replace Vektor with Wormed and you are spot on

Almost spot on, just take out Memethe'ilist.

>Blood Incantation
>Good
pick two friend :)

I suggested wormed but

vektor > wormed

also fleshgod apocalypse

Replace Inter Arma with new Cobalt

Have another Colin pic, friend

God that Inquisition album is so good.

no replace it with Deviant Process - Paroxysm

Is it just me or is eastern canada particularly good this year?

It's just you.

I thought obscura was all filler trash besides that one single
should I give it another listen?

Is the only metal Cred Forums likes shit? Its all skulls and crossbones or "cut my heart out" shit from what I can tell. Then only 2 bands I have seen that I recognize that I *think* have lyrics outside of this realm are Swans and Mars Volta, and Mars Volta would hardly qualify as metal in my book. The songs Ive heard from them are fast psychedelic rock at best...

Other than that though, it seems to be the same tired "death murder corpse" or "satan torture society suffering" or (the worst) "polysyllabic concatenation cacophony accommodation" or for an hour and a half (also vikings). Am I wrong? Did I miss something? Is this all that metal has to offer? I never listened to half of the bands mentioned here and I feel like Ive heard everything that all of them has to offer...

i think it was fenriz who said he enjoys non-traditional art forms as they better capture the
"exhaustion of wealthy living"

thats what I was afraid of

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

You seem very confused and angry.

swans and the mars volta are not metal in the slightest, your idea of metal is infantile and not fully formed. I recommend listening to some bands before you try asking that again.

should be noted that is not me, who posted this I've never considered Swans or Mars Volta metal because they're not even remotely similar

Yes it's perfect. Get it lad.

try this youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

>Its all skulls and crossbones
YEAH, WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST IT YOU RAT?
youtube.com/watch?v=xsU39voYIsY

Being this much of an edgelord
Sounds like someone's too poor to afford vinyl.

Outside of my one typo ("or for") it should be abundantly clear what I was trying to say, assuming your reading comprehension 9th grade level or above.

What I was saying (to put it differently for the tards) is that every other album I see posted here seems like what I would cook up if someone asked me to come up with a generic metal album-title/band-name/album-cover/etc.

Am I wrong about any of these? They all look like cookie-cutter carbon copies of each other. Is there even an original anymore? Or are we living out Simulacra and Simulation?

youtube.com/watch?v=jX-xY_ZE2yA

You taking a photo of your shitty apartment and you stuff to get attention had nothing to do with it.

stop writing nonsense you thick turd

And yet youve done nothing to prove me wrong...

Ill give these a look tomorrow. I have not been in the metal scene for a while and was afraid it fell to shit. Im looking for recommendations that arent shitty.

You still seem very confused and angry.

How about you get yourself a glass of milk, sit down on a comfy chair, and just try and think this through calmly and logically.

Then try posting again.

The Pale Folklore remaster is even better than the Mantle (it needed it more). And even Ashes seemed to sound not so over produced. These remasters are essential.

I just saw Ghost Bath and there were MAYBE 25 people there, I felt bad for them.
Frosthelm might make the list of worst opening acts.

eh, depends on how you look at culture these days.

some black metal bands are anti-semitic, so i could see Cred Forums not having a problem with such bands, unless they're christfags.

it probably depends on your own belief system, because if trump gets elected, that's pushing things in a positive direction, as far as i'm concerned, so i guess i'll be collecting ska albums.

really, though, the world's just going through the usual cycles it goes through, and you happen to be caught in a certain part of it, so there's nothing to be particularly up in arms about, so to speak.

it's true that a lot of metal bands could eat up the current headlines, but if metal hammer is any indication, there's a whole lot of cucking happening in metal.

in the 90s, when bill clinton was president, metal sucked. you had a few interesting releases, and of course there was the burgeoning death metal scene, but there were no judas priests, metallicas, et cetera. then after 9/11 metal slowly started to re-emerge and regrow its balls.

really makes you think.

>illiterate detected
We get it dude... while 6 other people seemed to grasp the content of my posts just fine, you and you alone have failed (or at least you alone have failed and made it abundantly clear by posting). I get it... youre trying to deflect the shame by attempting to paint me in a negative light. It works for Donald Trump, it must be a strong strategy, right? Its okay... this image board is anonymous... you dont have to be ashamed. You can just close the internet browser and pretend none of this happend, and the thread will 404 and there will be no evidence of your inability to read. You can start with some Dr Seuss and work your way up, and before long, you'll be reading all kinds of posts... oh, the places you'll go!

In the mean time, your posts in this thread will no longer elicit a response from me. I am using up the last reply I feel you deserve to point all of this out to you and hopefully provide some comfort. Good luck, friendo... may the force be with you.

what are some other OSDM bands that still got it?

youtube.com/watch?v=cgaNSVxt8Y4

I don't think you had that glass of milk. Can I ask why you're being so hostile?

And also why you think I can't read?

not him dog but you seem mad about something
watch that bloodpressure bro

well, they used to be edgy. they used to be metallica, but edgy. that was the appeal. now they're a megadeth cover band plus alex jones.

try the classic king diamond albums.

opeth, mastodon. countdown to extinction by megadeth. disclaimer: i don't like that album (i find it too, too accessible), but you might.

What are some good technical death metal bands? Already listened to Winds of Creation but the rest of Decapitated isn't nearly as good.

youtube.com/watch?v=0407S3nvmeU

Decapitated - Wings of Creation

and then replace Cobalt with new Recluse

actually just replace the whole damn list, that thing made me throw up in my mouth a little

>new Recluse
the 7"?

no

Nile's pretty solid as far as Tech-Death goes
youtube.com/watch?v=1sFT_kt-04M

it sounds like you're asking for what makes metal, thematically, a legitimate genre. i assume you're the guy who brought up swans.

let me see if i can help you make sense of this. some metal bands write lyrics better than others, some metal bands use gore/satanism, skulls, and whatever else as a way of discussing something deeper. i don't have any citations handy, but trust me when i say there are death metal bands that explain their themes as pointing out that the world is, and has been full of death, decay, "insanity", and violence since the beginning of time. some bands them just don't give a shit, and music is a way of enjoying catharsis. i can't tell you whether that's right or wrong; people have always gotten together over music.

traditionally, metal is "about being yourself and not giving a shit what anyone thinks". this may cause some people to seem edgy, and edgy shit of the past is now a joke. but the point is that you express your deepest, darkest desires or thoughts without any filters, record it, and you should get a respectable artistic expression. personally, i like black metal because i'm a "cold" person who doesn't have a lot of "feels", so i feel like i understand immortal on a deeper level than some.

anyway, this is hella long, but if you change your perspective of what the imagery and themes represent, you'll find that listening to metal is as rewarding as anything else. you'll expand your musical vocabulary, and have finer taste. you'll get to see a side of things that isn't represented in david bowie, the beatles, or the beach boys: pure fucking evil.

its not even metal enough anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=Fct6LB4Uu7A

Pretty sure he means the album

>i like black metal because i'm a "cold" person who doesn't have a lot of "feels"
And yet black metal is full of feels.

Try Obscura, Gorod, Spawn of Possession, Beyond Creation, and Archspire

reclusenola.bandcamp.com/releases

this is all I'm finding but like I said its not metal enough anyways

2016 grind is either going to Embalmer or Gadget

Recluse - stillbirth in Bethlehem
USBM from former Cobalt vocalist, kicked out for being a homophobic asshole, features the guy from Vlad Tepes

Well, you got the first two right.

bands and album titles pls.

Oh right sorry, forgot you can't reverse-image search a chart.

Blood Incantation - Starspawn
Chthe'ilist - French
Howls of Ebb - Cursus Impasse
Recluse - Stillbirth in Bethlehem
Qrixkuor - Three Devils Dance

Gygax - Critical Hits
Dream Theater - The Astonishing
Helion Prime - s/t
Zhrine - Unortheta
Xavlegbmaofffassssitimiwoamndutroabcwapwaeiippohfffx - Gore

needs more memes

might I suggest Terminal Redux

Is there any word on its release? Who's he running the album through?

...i haven't heard that one

don't kill me

So you're willing to put Xavlegbmaofffassssitimiwoamndutroabcwapwaeiippohfffx down but not Le Dernier Crepuscule?

thanks, user. have a cat biting a pianer.

So far, there's a stream on SoundCloud

nocleansinging.com/2016/09/13/an-ncs-album-premiere-and-a-review-recluse-stillbirth-in-bethlehem/

ah thanks starting now

you just got memed on, kiddo.

but it's a solid album. give it a listen.

I did put down Le Dernier Croissant.
:3

lol I will at some point, don't worry

I'd advise it, it's a surprisingly good album.

its not astonishing but its really good

Does every band on Blood Harvest records sound exactly the same?

Yep.

so far this sucks. I'd easily go with Cobalt over this.

Ritual Chamber is probably the closest thing I've gotten into this year.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvXAyfLWNdA

>Blood Harvest records
literally who

bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.com/
I'll check out Ritual Chamber.

Anyone have any news or info about new stuff coming from the label Odi Profanum Vulgus et Arceo, or more specifically Sinister Oath?

For you "muh gay black metal" peeps, here's some slam/groovy death metal to tide you over:
youtube.com/watch?v=x10jNkG9H44

NEW
NEW