Opinions on Filosofem?

Opinions on Filosofem?

People either seem to love or hate this album

I personally adore it big-time

Fantastic album.

It's a meme.
Good riff and atmosphere build but shitty composition.

one of my favorite albums, and the main album that got me into metal
>inb4 atmoshitter/hipster/etc

One of my favorite albums of all time and probably the best Black Metal album ever.

But with that said, I personally prefer Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. I have more memories asscociated with it and Det Som Engang Var is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.

Really fucking good the ambient track is a bit long but not bad necessarily

lol i can't even read those words bro wtf is this , fucking nerds

burzum - filosofem

The overlong casio ambiant track brings it down on repeated listens but remove the last 2 tracks and you have a perfect album

I love this one. Still one of the best metal records I've heard. That fucking riff in Jesus' Tod.

From the second that glorious fuzz came in on Dunkelheit I knew I would love it.

Burzum's best.

would've been great if it wasn't because of that 25 minutes track

Black metal essential. I feel so-so on the 25 minute ambient song in the middle of the album though but it's forgivable based on the other songs on this album. It's good shit overall

if you don't like rundgang um die transzendentale saule der singularitat you're a worthless piece of trash.
it's not bad but it's certainly not the "best black metal album ever"

whats ur fav bm album just curious

either Blood Fire Death, Pure Holocaust, or Heart of Akamon

Good if you like black metal, i don't

Very mood dependent. Great if you've been up for hours/days programming and questioning reality and such.

Not the best burzum in my opinion.. So it's alright for what it is. Though in the past couple years i started to grow more of a dislike towards filosofem because of this weird hipster cult following it has. I mean before i even knew what Burzum was i was listening to bands like Autopsy and Hellhammer.. and then somehow i came across Burzum, but all the sudden this weird surge of hipsters flock to this album like its a fucking underground masterpiece, i mean for fucks sake its a good album, but it doesn't deserve all this praise really, especially from people who don't even enjoy metal. I mean looking up the album on youtube and reading the comments makes me cringe so fucking hard my butthole implodes. I don't know, guess im just an asshole but i don't care.

Edgy, but yeah i agree.. Live in Leipzig is such a good fucking album.

(You)

What would happen if I were to wear a Burzum shirt to a Mayhem concert?

lmao. i'm gonna assume you know what happened to euroynmous

so what do you think would happen

That's pretty edgy and pretentious. But most people would probably be fans of both bands and it's been more then twenty years since the incident so I'd guess you'd be fine. Probably just a couple of comments from people.

The fuck? Rundgang is literally the best song on the album

I'd kill you.

The best guitar tone in all of metal. The riffs on it are extremely repetitive, but that is the point. It's meditative.

Is the noise supposed to exist or its just corrupted file on youtube? I cant hear shit, only noise and some edgy screaming bullshit... Post the working link please

Amazing album, Jesus Dod is one of the greatest black metal songs recorded.The ambient tracks are fun too.

I did this, nobody even mentioned it, that was in the Netherlands atleast, don't know about other countries

great record, but certainly not the greatest black metal album of all time

that title goes to Rain Upon The Impure

First Black Metal record that really grabbed me and let me know how lawless and eclectic the genre could be.

this. Tomhet is a fucking brilliant song.

>Great if you've been up for hours/days programming
Lmao nerd

Well I have it hung on my wall