Can we just get a nice David Bowie thread? Who's buying the new box set on Friday?

Can we just get a nice David Bowie thread? Who's buying the new box set on Friday?

>he fell for the David Memewie is good meme

delet this

>closeted bi guy growing up
>looked up to and found inspiration in Bowie
>tfw you felt betrayed when someone told you Bowie was closeted straight

I still love his music. Hunky Dory was almost all I listened to when I was a freshman in high school.

>Who's buying the new box set on Friday?
certainly not david lol

Best Joker.

NOT ME

I think David can be an inspiration to anyone, really. "Heroes" changed my life.

I don't think that's true at all. Bowie has deffo fucked a dude or in his day.

Is that Bowie or is that from Velvet Goldmine?

it's biphobia he's biphobic HE'S OPPRESSING THE BIS LET ME BE BI

Yeah, I'm sure he experimented plenty. I really think his sexuality was pretty fluid and he never really felt sure about it himself.

It's clearly a photo of ewan mcgregor's penis.

so when do you guys predict his next album will come out?

Pretty sure it's a publicity shot from The Man Who Fell To Earth. I know for a fact that it is David, I grabbed the picture from the official Bowie website.
Considering how an expanded version of Blackstar is apparently already planned, and the Lazarus cast recording has 3 new tracks by David, we'll probably have enough material for a new album by Spring.

I don't really see a point in the boxset. I already have all the studio albums, there's 2 of the same live album in there, just one with less tracks (which I don't see the point of), and "The Gouster" is just remixes of tracks I already have.

he was probably one of these "straight" guy who fuck fags but still pretend to be straight..

It's for completionists and collectors, plus people who don't have all the albums themselves, basically.
The only albums I have from the set are Diamond Dogs and Station To Station, and my copy of Station To Station is a little beat up anyways, so I think the vinyl set is somewhat worth it. God knows you're going to pay a premium price for mint copies of the original records anyways.

Ok the VINYL collection I can see. (I collect vinyl myself, I have about 7 Bowie albums). I'm only a completionist when it comes to his studio albums*

*(Minus Tin Machine. Fuck Tin Machine).

Actually speaking of Boxsets/Compilations, what IS his best compilation album? Two disc version of Best of Bowie? Nothing has changed.? Sound and Vision?

where the fuck did the monday go?

Probably the 3-disc version of Nothing Has Changed.

>Nothing has changed
this

the guy why did sound+vision wrote a long series of blog posts defending his selections, and in theory it should be the definitive rca overview, but i think it's rather shoddily compiled. three fucking tracks from pin ups!

>three fucking tracks from pin ups!
...Oh god....that does sound awful. That one of Bowie's 3 bottom-of-the-barrel albums...

Seriously though, why would you put anything from Pin-Ups other than Sorrow on a box set?

He wouldn't if he were good at compilations.
I dare say Pinups is Bowie's 2nd worst album and #1 most forgettable album

I feel like NO ONE talks fondly of that album.