Songwriting thread?

Just looking for a comfy songwriting thread right now.
Post how your songwriting has been coming along, song ideas you have, maybe a clyp or two, questions, concerns, stories, things you need help with, all that stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0T6BklnCibH
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZpPl1jkXtP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eh, here's a really sloppy run through of something I've been working on

vocaroo.com/i/s0T6BklnCibH

I have a basic melody down for most of the song, but since I haven't written any lyrics yet I didn't bother to sing it.

overall songwriting is going pretty meh, I've got some decent ideas I'll work on every once in a while, but I still have trouble putting in the time to fully bring them into fruition. And since I can't even get past these stages the idea of actually recording them grows even more distant. So yeah idk, maybe I'll whip out one of my decent mics soon and try to get something into a DAW and will work with it from there, but I doubt I'll find the energy to actually make anything substantial for a while.

I'll just hop in here before the thread gets going to let you all know that you're all bad and should all give up.

hey thanks for the support man

what made you upset, user?

Special snowflakes on Cred Forums

Being a songwriter makes you a special snowflake?

No one here is claiming is good if you write a song then you're a songwriter if the music is good or not it's a completely different question. I was thinking about being an artist if I can't I just go invade Poland

Go back to tumblr

Why in any way is my response related to tumblr? Or is it just your standart response?

dude just stop responding

I didn't liked that joke

writing yrics is pissing me off

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZpPl1jkXtP

What's a yric.

Well actually I have literally a hundred tapes of riffs/licks/pieces of songs/pieces of lyrics that I never finished. I never show them to anybody, and I neverfinish those songs. I think that's because I'm afraid of not being too good and at the same time I like to think that I can write I just didn't tried properly.I like to have this "dead dream" in my head as a comfy illusion. I have an ambitious idea of a song about Orfeu and Euridice telling their story but I only have some phrases. My last sketches are monotematic, all about being sad. I didn't finished any song and still I'm repeating myself

seriously no one cares, you might as well make them.

I'm trying to do this like Bukowsky says but the anxiety is killing me, worse, I'm just felling numb and I cant be earnest this way. I need to find some inspiration, I need to live. A tip that I left here is write the damn fucking song at once, don't do it in pieces you might lost the feeling.

>seriously no one cares
I know but it happens that I too self-aware and perfectionist so I end up doing nothing. Autosabotage in an Art.

Are these strings? What programs do you use to record? What gear? I felt some low-fidelity vibe am I correct ?

*Lyrics

It was all guitar and vocal harmonies.

Acoustic and electric. the electric using Bias FX. The string-like effect was made with some delay and using volume swells. My DAW is Reaper and the delay is Alter Ego X4. The little reverb I used was Sanford Reverb, which is free.

I GUESS you could say it's low fidelity, since it's just home recording, and I'm not that experienced.

> tfw I want to write some happy upbeat garage rock/surf punk about wild nihilism

> can only conjure up deep and depressing shoegaze/Emo songs whining about isolation ot a feeling of being lost