Itt: industry plants

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4Qiv9Eeg6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youre mom

What do you mean OP? Honestly.
Go Slow is a good song fleetwoodmac-like

What is an industry plant? Why are they it?

how dare you

OP's pic is of Haim. I know that they host an Apple Music Beats 1 Radio Show. Maybe that's why OP thinks they're industry plants?

Halsey

dis right here mang

this

Also, Tobias Alesso Jr. is THE most obvious industry plant of the decade.

Post Malone

saw them open up for diiv last year, they had a pretty good sound, how big of a presence do they really have to think this?

i want them to stick their jew noses in my asshole and give me a rusty trombone

Yeah, I think that nigga was playing festivals before his album even dropped.

future

its all a conspiracy!

thank you!

anohni

who are these people

But is not like they're a major artist, the only place where I see someone talk about them is here and is in exactly this kind of thread

youtube.com/watch?v=N4Qiv9Eeg6I
Published on April 23, 2016

You can't be an "industry plant" if you're on a major label retard, you're just publically part of the industry at that point.

You don't know what an industry plant is.

idk about industry, but I'd "plant" my seed in all of them if you catch my drift ;^}

is there a bigger recent plant than Halsey? The Weeknd could be, but that was from 5 years ago

the weekend started from a series of underground mixtapes which lead to major releases

An industry plant is someone who's either "unsigned" or "indie" but suspected to be backed by a major label, like what Chance has been accused of and what most likely happened with the sudden rise of Lana before she publically signed to Interscope.

If you're already publically signed to a major label you're not a "plant" of anything, that doesn't make any sense.

>retard

An industry plant is an artist who has Major/Indie Label backing their movement but presents themselves as a "home grown start up" label to create a pseudo organic following. They act as if things are miraculously happening for them based on their talent (via blog coverage, media coverage, mtv playing their vids, etc.) The reality is a low risk/high reward situation for labels looking to build the next "new star"

and they were produced by doc mckinney

False. Please delete your comments before you embarrass yourself further.

If you're on a major label then there's nothing pseudo organic acting like something is "miraculously happening" about it, it's literally the labels job to fund and market the shit out of a band and make sure they're covered everywhere. Nothing about that is a "plant," it's just being a sell-out.

holy shit idiots itt.

this is correct

you basically just said what said but made less sense
no one is being tricked or sneaky when you're on a major label.

its clear the comprehension here is middle school level, so i will stop. Literally fucking google it.

this is what an industry plant is.

I think the confusion here lies in the word "plant"...people are thinking of plant as an artist in place or fixed in a specified position. It actually means "plant"....as in an actual plant that grows.

an industry plant is someone on a major that pays indie websites for good reviews to cash in on the tumblr crowd

Do top 40 pop artists even count as industry plants? Does anyone think any of them got there legitimately and it wasn't just them being put up there by the industry?

no
halsey yes/weeknd no
yes
no
yes
no
not really, you're vastly underestimating the stupidity of casual music listeners
pretty much
no
lmao

You know, maybe you're right, but I never felt this vibe about them, they were always unashamedly poppy, had huge gigs and were Taylor's BFF's
Is he? He is on an indie label and never had huge mainstream media hype before Adele collabs. A lot of people on indie labels do festivals before album releases. Festivals don't mean shit, sometimes they don't have enough people to fill the line up so they literally take anyone who is signed and won't ask for money.
Now when you said it, maybe it really was a huge marketing plan from the start with the anonimity shit. He is rumored to be Drake's long-term ghostwriter and they tent to get singed fast. He even was nominated for a bunch of VMAs before he became relevant. His pop singles were payola'd harder than everything Britney released in 10's

Sunflower Bean

They interpreted the directions given to them and performed it as their own content, if they're untalented then the content is more authentic, there is no such thing as an industry plant.