This applies to music

SHART

well the american national anthem is undeniably better than the british one

The best rock band ever is British though

they do one thing better and that is if a band is 20+ years old, their most recent albums are still fantastic if not better than their earlier work

i can name more british (or even just europe in general) artists this applies to than american

Genres the USA created:
blues
ragtime
jazz
minimalism
country
bluegrass
R&B
rock
electronic (because Milton Babbitt was American)
hip-hop
house
funk
trap
vaporwave
salsa (yes this is true)

Genres the UK created:
traditional British folk music
grime

and they stole their sound from American bands and artists :^)

>implying

The second summer of love starting in '88 was the most important era in modern European music culture as it took the American based house and techno and fused it with European attitudes, prowess and compositional excellence to forefront the run of the music that followed on through the rave era, the 90s progression of techno, house, and of course breakbeat hardcore, jungle and all the genres and fusions that followed

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, one of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was jungle or drum & bass, a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation Thanks to ever more intricate beats and to free structures borrowed from jazz, jungle music rapidly became the foundation for a new kind of avantgarde music, pursued by the most austere of the genre's visionaries

It both cemented the death of and proved without doubt that outside of America, the dark ages of rock were dead and merely a passing fad and the progression of funk, soul and rhythm and blues, and via proxy, the music of Jamaica and the influence of hip hop on dance music and indeed hip hop itself showed that electronic music was the natural progression and the rock of the 60s and 70s was a waste of time and a step backwards in music progression.

you can't be serious

I fucking hate the UK but to deny their musical significance is stupid. Industrial, shoegaze, black metal, IDM and all of the off-shoots are British.

They got famous by covering American bands and their best albums are heavily influenced by American and Indian music

There has literally never been a single good electronic artists from the western hemisphere. Shart in marts are talentless hacks.

Techno was literally invented in Detroit you stupid bitch

this only applies to punk rock though

seriously all british first wave punk is trash and most american hardcore is goat

And none of it is very good.

kill yourself

omar s

Get outta here, pardner. I don't think anyone in Walmart is shitting their pants right now.

I love when Brits try and rag on Americans because they're literally the Americans of Europe. Nobody likes you ya ugly cunts

way to ingroup hundreds of bands into one identity

I think your gun collection needs some polishing, Tyrone.

>My Bloody Valentine
>British

Kevin is from New York City dude

what does "pardner" mean. I see it all the time in context with electronic music

I think your teeth need some polishing Henry

Americans who try and have opinions on electronic music. They always embarrass themselves in a way that is hilarious with their lack of knowledge due to poor education and lack of ability to dance due to their weight.

It could be worse. My teeth could have fallen out because of drinking soda with every meal.

but what about radiohead

Americans + Germans invented electronic music, stupid Brit

Take the intercountry banter to Cred Forums lads

Yet only Germans were smart enough to do anything with it. Americans are like cavemen; they discover fire by mistake, but instead of using it to get warm, they burn down their house.

Explain jazz.

there are more influential producers from the U.S. than Germany though so that makes no sense

>vaporwave
this is an internet genre and has ties only to countries where there is internet access
>grime
this is literally just hip-hop

Germany is easily the worst country
How can you even compare the fucking krauts with back to back world war champs?

Led Zeppelin is not about that.

The fact that so many books

Milton Babbitt more like Milton Suck It

Pretty much. Whether it's jazz, rock, punk, hip hop, electronic, whatever. USA has always made the more genuine and alive sounding stuff while the UK has always made stuff that sounds contrived as fuck.

US: Grimes the ugly goblin
UK: Pure and sweet Lauren

/thread

UK has Depeche Mode.

Grimes is Canadian you fucking retard

but both of those acts are trash

that's like saying grass isn't green. literally the same thing basically

AMERICA'S TUNES ARENT SORTED

>what is naturalisation?
>other members are Irish or British

>forgetting about brown grass
fucking retard

Not true. Halim El-dabh is Egyptian. Pierre Schaeffer was French. They have a much stronger claim to inventing electronic music.

It's not cause you invent a genre that your the best at it for example the electronic music is more a french thing know

Germany is the best country in the world and I'm not even from there.

if they could win a war then they might be decent, but apparently that bitch made country is filled to the brim with rosy cheek'd beta males
they are easily the worst form of white people

aren't they british?

So basically Britains who got tired of their country ages ago went to America, killed the natives, inhabited the country and use their 'American' nationality to separate them from their fellow British?

>s/he thinks muse are the best rock band ever

British Composers:
Benjamin Britten
Ralph Vaughn Williams
Henry Purcell
George Frideric Handel
Gerald Finzi
Peter Maxwell Davies
Thomas Tallis
William Byrd
Judith Weir
Frederick Delius
Michael Tippett
Elizabeth Maconchy
James Dillon
James MacMillan
Rebecca Saunders
Gustav Holst
Arnold Bax
Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
Frank Bridge
John Taverner
John Taverner
Bryan Ferneyhough
Edward Elgar
John Dowland
(the list could go on and on)

US Composers:
Okay I'm trying to think of some.
Hans Zimmer?

eh, close enough

>tfw American but love UK Garage

Everything else is like a cheap knock-off of American music.

give me purcell, handel, taverner (1), and dowland
toss the rest

>Benjamin Britten
>Ralph Vaughn Williams
>Henry Purcell
>George Frideric Handel
>Gerald Finzi
>Peter Maxwell Davies
>Thomas Tallis
>William Byrd
>Judith Weir
>Frederick Delius
>Michael Tippett
>Elizabeth Maconchy
>James Dillon
>James MacMillan
>Rebecca Saunders
>Gustav Holst
>Arnold Bax
>Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
>Frank Bridge
>John Taverner
>Bryan Ferneyhough
>Edward Elgar
>John Dowland

Literally who?

>It's a burgerboys acting superior episode
If there's one thing the brits out-do you on its music familia

The US makes way more music, so of course there is mathematically going to be more good music from the US than from the UK. But the very best artists are generally British.
USA: quantity
UK: quality
That's the way it's always been throughout the history of these two nations.

Juan Atkins >>>>>>>>> Any dance music from the UK desu senpai