It's not easy being a Queen fan on Cred Forums

It's not easy being a Queen fan on Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoiV60vqa1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agreed. Everybody only knows their hits. The entirety of A Night at the Opera is a masterpiece and A Day at the Races is almost just as great

then stop

Queen is great.

No love for The Miracle, which in my opinion is one of the best albums since the change of music styles, and one of the best over-all even more so than Made In Heaven

Thoughts on this?

Because the trend is if sometimes becomes popular for normies, it loses its credibility and is automatically shit.

People generally like their earlier albums. And then in terms of pop singles there's no one who can touch them.

Doesn't make for great Cred Forums discussion but most people like their singles on some level.

I just really can't stand Bohemian Rhapsody

It's one of the worst songs on A Night At The Opera

Queen II is a legit pop prog album, and already because of that album they are good in my book

Queen II is quite good prog, and A Night At The Opera is really good too, even if Bohemian Rhapsody is the most overplayed and overrated song in the world.

Queen II [EMI, 1974]

Wimpoid heavoid android no void. C-

The News of the World [EMI, 1977]

The group who last winter brought you a $7.95 LP to boycott devotes side one to the wantonness of women and side two to the doomed-to-life futile rebellion of the poor saps (you saps!) who buy and listen. C-

"When everyone else was down and out and doing nothing of importance, Queen were making music."

-- Ozzy Osborne

wacky xd raises pork

The fact that Sabbath was on coke 24/7 post Master Of Reality doesnt mean all bands were doing so Ozzy

I don't always agree with him, but he exposed the truth about Queen pretty nicely.

I think he's referring to the overall slackness of the mid-1970s British rock scene, right before punk broke. All of them, Stones, Zeppelin, The Who, Sabbath...pretty meh by 1975. Just Floyd and Queen keeping things moving.

No, but they were.

Sabbath released Sabotage in 75,which is definitely one of their greatest albums. Led Zeppelin peaked with Physical Graffiti in that year as well. Also prog rock was probably at its height in terms of sheer quality around 74/75, so I dare to say that Ozzy is a fine example of an unreliable narrator

Queen didn't seem like they suffered much from punk like most of the establishment bands. TNOTW, right at the height of punk, was a massive hit.

gasp ozzy does not remember the 70s

Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

>Sabbath released Sabotage in 75,which is definitely one of their greatest albums
It's a good early example of extreme metal, but it lacks the tunesmanship of the first three albums.

>Led Zeppelin peaked with Physical Graffiti in that year as well

Isn't LZ IV generally considered the peak?

They were even influenced by Punk, that's where Stone Cold Crazy comes from

For 1975, true, but by 76-77 just about every of those bands were slowing down other than, maybe Pink Floyd who still had Animals and The Wall to release.

Of course being a newer band helped; they'd only been releasing albums since 73 while Sabbath, Zeppelin, et al had been in the game since the dawn of the decade. In musical terms, that's a pretty long time.

Queen struggled to adjust to the 80s like a lot of bands; they didn't find their way back until mid-decade, then caught a second wind until Freddie's death. Although those later albums are almost unknown in the US.

>Isn't LZ IV generally considered the peak?

Depends. Now PG has some good material but Page had started running out of good riffs by that point and Plant's voice was audibly shot.

If Ozzy was referring to the 1976-77 period, then it kind of makes sense. Not many British bands other than Queen were releasing good material or even putting on decent live shows then. Punk happened for a reason.

But then, Pink Floyd were an older band than even Sabbath or Zeppelin. Their first album came out in friggin' 1967.

Well, Floyd actually weren't popular in America until the mid-70s. My dad can testify. He said when he was in high school, PF fans were just weird, friendless nerds and then when DSOTM came out suddenly they're the biggest fucking band on the planet.

None of their pre-Dark Side albums other than Obscured By Clouds got higher than 50 on the US charts while they were always in the Top 10 of the UK charts.

Floyd were lucky in all things considered that they went 12 straight years without a bung album. Even during the punk era, they managed two major blockbusters.

If you believe Christgau, hard rock/metal bands usually pull off four albums before they run out of gas.

He hates The Wall and DSOTM incidentally. So fucking overplayed as to be sickening and besides, they're dated as all fuck.

Saucerful of Secrets is a great trippy hippie love beads album.

You must admit though that their lyrics are complete garbage

It's great, I honestly think it's the best Queen recording period. They were so good live.

Odeon isn't bad either.

those are hopsin-level lyrics tho...

Queen is arguably the biggest rock band of all times. Of course Cred Forums will dislike it even though they were definitely not bad at all

""""""""""""no"""""""""""""

what a faggot

Maybe in Europe.

I never listened to Death Grips, are all their lyrics that clumsy?

The Beatles are one of the most highly rated artists on Cred Forums. They have their detractors and scaruffi drones on here so sure, but the majority of people consider Revolver, MMT, Sgt Peppers, Rubber Soul, White Album and Abbey Road to be great albums. This disproves your theory, as they were considerably more successful than even Queen. Pink Floyd are another pretty acclaimed band on here who have huge mainstream popularity.

Queen are disliked because the majority of it is cheesy and camp prog rock, with hair metal tier guitar solos in almost ever song. Their normie fans and popularity on 9gag definitely plays a part, but it's mainly because their songs are just cheesy pop rock and guitar wankery.

I personally don't really like them, although a couple of singles aren't bad, like Another One Bites the Dust.

>Queen
>prog

based

How is Queen not prog?

Nah, that's easily some of their worst lyrics. Honestly, the only lyrics from then that stick with me are the hooks and the ridiculous ones. Ride's vocals function like an instrument really, they just fill space. The lyrics definitely are not the priority, in my opinion.

Queen is the definition of a Greatest Hits Band

The most arena rock band of all arena rock bands? Gee, I wonder.

Didn't answer my question, did you?

Here this might help
youtube.com/watch?v=WoiV60vqa1w

Both the March and November shows were incredible. Best live Queen album.