TLOP is garbage.

Pitchfork sucks wtf

Hey

Nah you suck lmao
meme.0

wtf i love pitchfork now

I like Kanye and that album is a 7 at best familia

>8.9 being any different to 9.0

wait what? i thought p4k gave TLOP a 6.5 or something and he tweeted at him that his album was 30/10 and told them never to review his music again

am i thinking of something else or did they literally get cucked into re-scoring?

pleb
patrician

well the world's 'cuck'd' you into being an idiot, so i wouldn't trust anything you think you remember

He was angry that they only gave it a 9/10. No joke.

well shit, i thought i remembered him being mad about it getting a 6 or so, i must have read that review elsewhere

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

why do people hate him again?

racism desu

probably becuase his sub par-mediocre music is overrated by his cancerous fan base, but that's not really his fault

based

man the projection is real

I agree that his music is shit. However, many are praising his music while hating him as a person.

I think he comes across as genuinely funny and likeable on twitter and feel like many people take him much too serious.

I didn't say his music was shit. It's mediocre. His early stuff was really good before he got a swelled head and tried to be all avant garde and sophistocated around 808s onwards.

And people hate him because he's a bully. I don't hate him as a person, and I agree I think he's funny. People just don't like a bully. He uses his status to call people out and act borish and ignorant, the taylor swift thing for example. We might find it funny, but a lot more people are going to empathize with taylor in the scenario and feel bad about her moment being taken.

his music its decent, comparing trouk mask replica with mbdtf for exemple, mbdtf is better.

Better than your fav album, bitch.

TLOP isn't even better than kanye's second worst album, Graduation.

8.9 is like the worst score to possibly get. If I was an artist wanting to make it big and got .1 away from a 9 i would be so livid.

TLoP is hip hop's Trout Mask.
Listen to it again

When is this p4k meme GONNA STOP? I am triggerreddDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I've listened to all of the versions he released, along with the leaks of the older versions of the tracks (most of which were better) and it's still his worst album. Sounds like a fan made leak mixtape of post-MBDTF throwaways. Not a cohesive Kanye West album.

I don't like the album but it's not a 1.9

they literally jsut tried to seem cool and edgy to be against tool

Tool just tried to seem cool and edgy to sell albums.

it's always funny to find out that a p4k writer is a failed rapper.

pitchfork.com/staff/paul-a-thompson/
youtube.com/watch?v=18eiaExNQ6Y
genius.com/Paul-thompson-sydney-lyrics

So which is legit and which is just a meme? Are they both just being edgy?

they never were more right

The review itself is an awesome takedown of modern prog fans more interested in technical skill and production than actual songwriting talent.

I'd say pitchfork is right.

doesn't sound like he is mad to me

he was fuming

>that song
What the fuck is this shit?
Unknown From M.E. has better fucking lines...

that my silly user is a hip hop reviewer for p4k

B-But the end of 30 hours, he was basically doing one take by the end, fucking up what he wanted to say and left it on the record
>"*mumble, *mumble* just to show him class"

I dont wanna sound like a pretentious douche, but it's made to sound that way.
Songs like Highlights, Ultralight Beam, 30 Hours, he obviously laboured over.
My only gripe with it are that the lyrics are lacking.
That being said it's obviously not his best, not even top 3 but it's still great, and still hip hop aoty (so far).

atrocity exhibition is already better off the singles alone

You mean the part where Yeezy points out how loose that part is?

>34,212 likes
are these people just randomly pressing buttons?

I'm waiting for it to drop before I listen to it. But believe me I can't wait.

>30 Hours
>laboured over
He ruined it with the shout-outs at the end making any painstaking splicing of Arthur Russell samples pointless

ITT: times a Pitchfork reviewer listened to an album one time and then reviewed it

every single follower/like is white.

he wouldn't have any money if it wasn't for teenage white boys. i don't get his beef.

>Now if I fuck this model, and she just bleached her asshole, and I get bleach on my t-shirt, I'mma look like an asshole

no
yes
no
nah
yes
yes
yeah
way too fucking high

i think this happens more than they will ever admit.

i don't like kanye west, but every single review of pitchfork's i have happened across reads the same way.

in kanye's mind TLOP was a gospel album (that's not me memeing or paraphrasing-- he literally said it was a gospel album, not rap) and that it's about the black's history in america from being slaves to current day when they're either getting gunned down in the street or they're rich from drugs/sports/rapping. he thinks it's improper for someone who doesn't understand that feeling to review the music.

essentially, white privilege.

>suggests the listener to lower their standards
>actually lowering your standards

Kanye was never a slave, nor was he a drug dealer or a sports star.

I don't understand how /mu loves Yee's bants, but when he puts epic bants on an album it's called trash.
It's a hilarious way to start the story of him cheating on Kim.

it's a bad rap line

>looking to kanye for serious music.
Pic unrelated.

>you can't extrapolate your feelings or thoughts from your lineage or history

i think calling it a gospel album is just fucking stupid but talking about adversity your family has faced in its past isn't something that's uncommon or odd in any way

although true, his mother was an intellectual. hardly a ghetto upbringing.

he is like a little spoiled white boy exploiting black people for money.

I was hoping he could be coherent user

you're all way worse than pitchfork imo, and pitchfork is pure shit. you are fucking cancer incarnate.

Kanye isn't Kendrick Lamar...
Like I already said TLoP lyrics are lacking but I think there are a lot of lines like that that aren't meant to be taken seriously. Fuck, I Love Kanye is him basically telling you it's all a joke. Kanye is a character.

Not funny at all. This review is triggers me every time.

but the idea isn't that it was his own personal upbringing, it's about the black people's struggle as a whole against systematic oppression since the days of slavery

either way the album is still jus an overall unfinished mess. it's obvious his mind was on his fashion line and the release date just snuck up on him time and time again before he couldnt push it back any further.

"fack" and "just lose it" by eminem aren't meant to be taken seriously. that doesn't make them not absolute shit, though.

>other people who looked like me had some troubles
>i literally never had any of those troubles
>well fuck might as well make some bank off it

Not as good as Eminem.
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/2771-the-eminem-show/

>TLoP is hip hop's Trout Mask.

No. Is not outhere a hip-hop trout mask yet. It needed more variety, plus TLOP just plays arround with Kanye own discography and style that is in some way a similar thing to stealing (not talking about sampling). Its a good thing overall, sad thing is this work is not like 80% Kanye West, hes less and less making his own music. Last time he did most of things was 808&Heartbreak, maybe Graduation and College Dropout.

People reacts to the hype. Kanye hype was boosted with the internet kids after that Pitchfork 10 (MBDTF) while Eminem was getting constantly panned (Recovery, Encore, Relapse, MMLP2) and hes a kind of a sellout.

whats your point

>I agree that his music is shit. However, many are praising his music while hating him as a person.
wrong

>muh black oppression
end this meme

>used to believe panel 5
>actually met people from the ghetto.

this review is hilarious

>hip hop's Trout Mask
holy fuck kanye fans are delusional